• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Suspension of Disbelief and Good Fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
AND IT IS ANOTHER FIGHT SCENE PEOPLE.

ANOTHER ONE.

Nothing has happened and I am over 1 hour in. 3 guys are after Jenova cells. There is a disease affecting people from a mad planet.

THAT IS FUCKING IT SO FAR.

Since we already know you hate the movie, is there really a need to give us an update after every scene?
What's the point?
Just fucking summarise it once you're done.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
Oh but I have. Nothing plot wise has occurred. I can only call you unintelligent because you are. That is how basic I have to place it sometimes, because there is no other way to describe you.

Hang on, another fight scene. I will time it.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I think from now on I'm just going pretend all of Daniel's posts are pictures of adorable lolcats and save myself the pain of constant facepalm-ery.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
The battle is still ongoing....4 min 15 now.

How on earth do you people see this film as good?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm not sure how the length of the fight scenes are entirely relevant. But, surprise surprise, you ignored the improvements. Again, I told you it wouldn't change your opinion, and I'm not holding out for you say its a good film. Because I have friends that RATIONALLY do not find it to be a good film.
But you still ignore improvements to things that YOU YOURSELF CITED AS FLAWS EARLIER. Denzel - explained. Geostigma - explained, and made to look a lot more serious. The world - just a bit more concrete with radio broadcasts and children dying from the plague. The remnants still aren't explained that well but it did show that they were manifested not already-living-people.

The point was you were criticizing something about which you had no idea. And I knew that you would be unable to own up to that fact.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The battle is still ongoing....4 min 15 now.

How on earth do you people see this film as good?

I think most people here would actually say that it isn't necessarily "good" but perhaps still enjoyable for some reason or another. :monster:

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Now Denzel (generic kid with almost no character development) is running towards bahamut

AND THE FIGHT SCENE IS STILL GOING ON.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Oh but I have. Nothing plot wise has occurred. I can only call you unintelligent because you are. That is how basic I have to place it sometimes, because there is no other way to describe you.

Hang on, another fight scene. I will time it.

I've been pretty tolerant today, but you're pushing it.

First: Don't go broadly calling members unintelligent.

Second: I don't need any more "OMG FIGHT SCENE, THIS SUX" posts from you. A LARGE number of users have asked you to stop. Post a summary of your thoughts when you're done. DON'T POST ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS THREAD UNTIL THEN. I will warn any other short, pointless, whining posts from you in this thread, because it's getting out of hand, and you're the one fueling all the needless banter. It's not a goddamn chatbox.

EVERYONE ELSE: Wait until he posts his full summary / opinion of ACC. Until then, bugger off.

X :neo:

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
And now the party has just arrived. No reasons given. They all start fighting. NO PLOT. NO DEVELOPMENT. NO NOTHING.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Now Denzel (generic kid with almost no character development) is running towards bahamut

AND THE FIGHT SCENE IS STILL GOING ON.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

We have WATCHED the movie. WE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON, SHUT UP AND WATCH THE GODDAMN MOVIE.

And then come back and give us a summary of your friggin' opinion.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
hahaha cool, warn me :P Not the others who deserve the lack of respect they receive. But sure, see you at the end of this "film" of course, I could sum it up now Nothing is gonna happen from now to the end that hasnt already.

FIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight SCNnnnnnnnnnnnneeenes.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Can't you disagree with people without being rude and insulting? That's more annoying than all your other self-righteous crap.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Can't you disagree with people without being rude and insulting? That's more annoying than all your other self-righteous crap.

I do it only to people who deserve it. I tried proper debate ON THIS FORUM but got a few macros for my trouble and a load of insults. There is no point respecting dead wood.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Sorry to interject but I dont think any amount of backstory or explanation would ever make me give a shit about Denzel. That is all. :monster:

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Sadly that is true. He is another waste of time in this film. The battle is still ongoing... and over 15 minutes now.

This is the most absurd use of graphics I have ever seen.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I think he came in expecting something more profound

I highly suggest you watch Schindler's List if you want your expectations met

Or anything else involving several hours of deep and emotional paydirt and down-to-earth perfectly human characters from the planet Earth who sit around and discuss the impending doom of their planet rather than going out and kicking the shit out of 3 silver-haired dudes who can only be stopped by them

I dunno man what the fuck do you want from this movie

You tell us

Last edited:

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
A decent story. Character development. A faithful sequel.

Not unrealistic battle that just lasted over 23 minutes and there is another one now.

A decent story. Character development. A faithful sequel.

Not unrealistic battle that just lasted over 23 minutes and there is another one now.

This dialogue is also the worst I have heard in a long time.

"Does cloud know about Kadaj"

"one would think"

"then you're right... this is his fight now"

WHAT?

"I don't get it, why can't we help out"

"this is man talk"

"sexist!"

WHAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
So what would you put in the story? How would you develop the characters? What would you consider faithful?

And don't state what you wouldn't do, anyone can do that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The movie would be about Cloud dragging his immense sword behind him across the planet to find Cait Sith. Then he would spend an hour or so attempting to lift said sword - human being as he is - to kill Cait Sith.

The end.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
For those who are late to the thread or are falling behind, I decided to compile DLPB's posts into this one to create a fast and easy reference point of all he's said so far.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
I HAVE FINISHED. I DID NOT WATCH THE LAST BATTLE. I SKIPPED IT.

That was BY FAR one of the most painful experiences I have ever had watching a film.

Character development: near 0
Story: near 0
Dialogue: utterly laughable

If you enjoy the story of that film, I don't know what to call you. Time to do a proper review.

Those people who told me that the added scenes made this film better, WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
So, I'll ask it again: how would you do it? If you are as experienced in writing character development, story, and dialogue as you seem to make yourself out to be, I'm sure you could do it better.

So how would you do it?

EDIT:

I HAVE FINISHED. I DID NOT WATCH THE LAST BATTLE.

Doesn't anyone see this as a tiiiiiiny bit of a paradox

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
lol, how unshocking that you skip the scenes which have the largest changes from the original.

Ya know, I can't help but notice the only parts of the film he quotes are from the original AC. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't watch ACC at all but just said he did so he can keep bitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom