Tera

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
To be honest, I'd rather have a subscription-based game that lets you do all the things, versus a restricted 'f2p' game that restricts and stifles you and rubs 'BUY THIS POINTLESS THING FOR REAL MONEYZ' in your face all the time.

Or you could get the ones where there is no subscription and you don't have such restrictions.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Not to mention that the same item has been bought with real money, so the company doesn't actually lose any money off of it. In fact, given there's a big trade in that item in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if they sell more of the subscription items than that are used to get game time.

They've also added a micropayment system in a recent update, where you can buy shit to customize your character if you're so inclined. Which is silly, because all anyone will see (in the current version) of your customizations is a rather small character portrait, :monster:

Actually it's not a micro-payment for the customization extras. The credits used for all the extra customization are called AUR. In game you have to exchange a PLEX (the in-game item which is 30-days of subscription) for a determined number of AUR credits.

Thus the only way to get the extra customization credits is to exchange a PLEX which is something in the in-game markets already. This means you don't actually have to spend a penny to get any of this stuff, though that's the easiest way.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Actually it's not a micro-payment for the customization extras. The credits used for all the extra customization are called AUR. In game you have to exchange a PLEX (the in-game item which is 30-days of subscription) for a determined number of AUR credits.

Thus the only way to get the extra customization credits is to exchange a PLEX which is something in the in-game markets already. This means you don't actually have to spend a penny to get any of this stuff, though that's the easiest way.

Didn't know that, thanks :monster:.

(I'm not nearly making enough money yet to be able to buy PLEX though, :(. Maybe a few tens of millions a week now. Of course, I blow it on fancy ships. That get blown up half an hour later because I'm stupid, :monster: )

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
If I set out to make some money and am decently active I can make about 20mil in a couple hours. If my corp are missioning with me then I can easily haul in 100mil in a couple of hours. 'Tis fun times!

I didn't realise more people than Satsu played and I'd be inclined to start chatting in an EVE thread if we continue this approach.

OT: I tried Tera out now that it's f2p but as I expected at its launch my shitty laptop cannot deal with it. Oh wells.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I should try missioning in a spider fleet and get moneyz from other people's higher-level missions for the lulz, :monster:. Most stable / low-risk / highest-returns money making I have atm is mining, which is boring as fuck, but okay to do if there's stuff to do like cleaning, makes about five million per load / half an hour, so yeah, also about 20 million in a couple hours. But, boring, :monster:.

I set out a few weeks ago to become decent at refining the shit and make some more money. One thing to do then was raise reputation with a corp. A few weeks later and I'm neck-deep in training gunnery and battlecruisers and shit, running level 3 security missions like a boss. Which, while still not making as much money, are a lot more fun / exciting, so, :monster:.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I should try missioning in a spider fleet and get moneyz from other people's higher-level missions for the lulz, :monster:. Most stable / low-risk / highest-returns money making I have atm is mining, which is boring as fuck, but okay to do if there's stuff to do like cleaning, makes about five million per load / half an hour, so yeah, also about 20 million in a couple hours. But, boring, :monster:.

I set out a few weeks ago to become decent at refining the shit and make some more money. One thing to do then was raise reputation with a corp. A few weeks later and I'm neck-deep in training gunnery and battlecruisers and shit, running level 3 security missions like a boss. Which, while still not making as much money, are a lot more fun / exciting, so, :monster:.
Find a corp that run level 4s regularly. Then train your salvaging and fly a Noctis (training is real quick)
You'll be rolling in ISK.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Noctis is still out of my financial thingy (they're 60 or 90 million or something), although I should be able to get one soonish. I've got a destroyer with a salvaging fit, much cheaper, but L1/2/3's don't make as much. Well, they do in theory (up to 10 million per mission for really good ones), but in practice most the items you salvage are unsellable junk.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Don't bother salvaging 1s and 2s. You'll make more if you leave and start another mission. 3s can be quite profitable but you've gotta decide when to stay and salvage and when not to. If there's a lot of ships then do.
All the 4s I salvage are between 5 and 50million per mission. We keep a good pace up too. The mission runners complete the mission then I come in and salvage. While I'm doing that they are working on another mission.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Guild Wars 2, The Old Republic, Guild Wars 1, Vindictus, Dragons Nest, COntinent of the ninth seal, Tera, Mabinogi, DCUO, Wizardry Online.

See: "restrictions" cited by Yop, :monster: the level of f2p in some of those titles almost physically hurts.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Don't bother salvaging 1s and 2s. You'll make more if you leave and start another mission. 3s can be quite profitable but you've gotta decide when to stay and salvage and when not to. If there's a lot of ships then do.

Yeah, the other day I was just like 'meh' and steamrolled through a few L2's; they were the kind where they go "I don't give a shit what you do with the rats". There's one mission involving going through OMG HOSTILE TERRITORY, you fly through it in five minutes in a half-decent tank, and cash in almost a million easily. (the enemies in those are unkillable though, :awesome: ).

All the 4s I salvage are between 5 and 50million per mission. We keep a good pace up too. The mission runners complete the mission then I come in and salvage. While I'm doing that they are working on another mission.

I should definitely get into the missioning group in my current corp (E-Uni). Tried to last night, but there were some war targets camping our base. I got podkilled for the first time, for great lulz :monster:

Top Bottom