Seunia

Dedicated Fan
What is your favourite track in FFVII?
It´s not easy to choose but for me it´s : Interrupted by Fireworks :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Have someone change the thread title to better reflect the contents.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I don't have a favourite favourite, but I think Cid's theme is often overlooked.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
"J-E-N-O-V-A" and "Cosmo Canyon" (which I believe has also been translated as "Valley of the Fallen Star") are the two main ones that come to mind immediately. OWA is pretty good as well but it's overrated by fanboys. I've also always liked "From the Depths of Despair" (more commonly translated, albeit somewhat incorrectly, as "Off the Edge of Despair"), the theme from when Cloud goes crazy, and both versions of Aerith's theme. "Anxious Heart," "The Great Warrior," "Wutai," "If You Open Your Heart," "Listen to the Cries of the Planet" (officially translated "You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet"), and "Lifestream" probably deserve mentions as well.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
"Countdown" is a really awesome track, love the strings in the opening (and it also encorporates Cid's theme which is win).

Fave track might be "The Highwind Takes Flight" though, because it's basically a more balls-out version of the Main Theme and has that sweet minor-chord bridge.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Always liked Bombing Mission, the world map theme, Great Northern Cave, and Judgement Day.

Jenova, Those chosen by the planet, and OWA are favourites of mine as well. But really, if I'm being totally honest, I love msot if not all the tracks in that game.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Whoever nominates One Winged Angel should be insta-banned for being too easily impressed :monster:

Final Fantasy VII has such a solid all round soundtrack though. Interrupted by Fireworks, Aerith's Theme and The Great Northern Crater all leap to mind. Its really hard to pick a favourite from such a strong crop.

Picking out a least favourite is much easier :P The Honeybee Inn and Don Corneo's Mansion are horrible.

Jocalyn

Pro Adventurer
I've always loves Cid's theme, Ahead on our Way, Interrupted by Fireworks, and Those Who Fight Further. I don't think I could ever pick a favorite, the entire soundtrack is great.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
From the top of my head.FFVII's Prelude, Those Chosen By The Planet, Birth of God, Aerith's Theme and One Winged Angel are the one who stand up the most.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I like two kinda obscure tracks. On the other side of the mountain is very simple and pretty, but sad, imo (song that plays through the lifestream scene when talking about Tifa's mother.

The other is Off the Edge of Despair, song that plays when you find Cloud in his mako state. The songs still is gives me chills.

As far as remixes go, I love the piano forms of Cosmo Canyon and JENOVA. I also like the lifestream song.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Whoever nominates One Winged Angel should be insta-banned for being too easily impressed :monster:

Final Fantasy VII has such a solid all round soundtrack though. Interrupted by Fireworks, Aerith's Theme and The Great Northern Crater all leap to mind. Its really hard to pick a favourite from such a strong crop.

Picking out a least favourite is much easier :P The Honeybee Inn and Don Corneo's Mansion are horrible.

Least favorite for me is the music in the desert prison. Typical boring desert music. Then again, I hate desert levels and desert-themed music in games in general.

...and sewer levels. Goddamn them all. /offtopic

One of my favorite tracks woud be...
"The Great Warrior". Y'know the music that plays when RedXIII sees his turned-to-stone father? Honestly, I personally find it sadder and more emotional than Aerith's Theme. :P

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
The sewer level is always the worst level in any game.
No exceptions.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
And this was a terrible game

Sewer_Shark_Coverart.jpg

Coincidence?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Least favorite for me is the music in the desert prison. Typical boring desert music. Then again, I hate desert levels and desert-themed music in games in general.

The desert track, "Sandy Badlands" was made into probably the moodiest and coolest OC Remix ever, though: A Life Without Parole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqZuh83ujUw

"The Great Warrior". Y'know the music that plays when RedXIII sees his turned-to-stone father? Honestly, I personally find it sadder and more emotional than Aerith's Theme. :P

Agreed.

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
OWA is an epic piece of music, it just suffers from extreme overuse. That veni veni venias bassline never fails to get my heart-rate going, though.

That said, Birth of a God is so severely underrated it makes me sad.

Favourite tracks, hmm...can't pick just one. Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony, Anxious Heart, Costa Del Sol, Descendant Of Shinobi, J-E-N-O-V-A, Those Who Fight Further, Those Chosen By The Planet, Opening Bombing Mission, Hurry!, Turk's Theme, Desert Wasteland, Great Warrior, Interrupted By Fireworks, Weapon Assault, WHOLE FUCKING SOUNDTRACK AT THIS RATE.

And if I get started on all the many remixes/VotL/piano collections I'll never stop, so I'll shut up now.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Aerith's Theme, Tifa's Theme, the massively underused Red XIII's Theme, Under the Rotting Pizza (best of all!), J-E-N-O-V-A and the Turk's Theme (second best of all) are my favorites.

TheEdgeofDespair

Rookie Adventurer
My personal favorite would have to be "Interrupted by Fireworks." However, several other scores that come to mind are "A Secret Sleeping in the Deep Sea," "Life Stream," "Anxious Heart," "Crazy Motorcycle," and the underrated "It's Difficult to Stand on both Feet, Isn't it?". Regardless, the FFVII soundtrack is filled with countless memorable and atmospheric scores that add to the game's immersion while simultaneously standing as brilliant orchestral pieces in their own right.

Top Bottom