The CPR minigame is literally the most pointless thing ever.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Seriously, it's not fun, it's not challenging, it seems like unnecessary padding. If there's ever a remake of this game, they should just get rid of this annoying, pointless minigame.

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
I remember being confused as to whether I was succeeding or not. There's nothing like a progress bar, or at least a beep to say you're doing it right. Mini-games are never my favourite, but this one sucked more than most.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I remember being like.... am I doing it right? Do I just fill my lungs? Why is it taking so long? Do I seriously have to do this? Does she die if I mess up? Seriously?

The same annoyance everytime.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
the original plan for a reprise of the event with tifa trying to revive cloud but it not working sounded interesting, though

the original plan for a reprise of the event with tifa trying to revive cloud but it not working sounded interesting, though
For those not in the know

Expanded map, after the cave-in on the eastern island of Mideel. Cloud and Tifa have nearly drowned. They are rescued by the party. Barret checks on Tifa. Tifa wakes up, but Cloud’s heart has stopped. Everyone is dejected. Tifa gets up.

Tifa: “CLOUD!! Cloud, you idiot! Why, after you finally realised who you are! Everyone’s worried about you! Going off on your own… I’m not going to let you do something so selfish!

Tifa starts to perform a heart massage and artificial respiration. See the event in Under Junon. But this time it isn’t comical. The party watches over. Cloud’s monologue is overlaid on top of the scene. A sort of out-of-body feel.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Let's face it. If I had to base any lessons of CPR from that minigame alone, I'd end up killing a lot of people. :monster:

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Eh, what? Excuse me, but CPR minigame was and is one of the most interesting minigames in FF7 - you actually felt like you had to save someone. Instead of having just dealt with the whole CPR -situation with dialogue alone, player felt like he was engaged in the situation, not just spectating. This was a great attempt to bring the story more closer to the player. Thanks to that, receiving the 'Shiva' summon afterwards felt just all more rewarding. Godtier minigame, one of the best in franchise, right up there next to the Triple Triad and Mog house.

Lex

Administrator
If I had to pick a favourite minigame it's be snowboarding or submarine. I know everyone hated submarine because of the controls or whatever but I never had a problem with them XD.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Snowboarding is absolutely my favorite, but I never had any trouble with the submarine one either. I always thought it was pretty cool.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Oh, I enjoyed the submarine game, and the motorcycle and snowboarding wasn't too bad either. I think I would have liked the fort condor minigame a lot more if it didn't take so damn long and if everything didn't move so slowly (and take my gil).

As far as overall minigames, I was weirdly attached to Tetra Master even though they never really did explain the rules and I hated Triple Triad. And Chronobind is probably my favorite, I would spend more time than healthy playing that game.

EDIT: I hate every fucking minigame in FFX. Fuck you birds from the chocobo practice games.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I want to like your post, Splintered, but I can't because of the inexplicable upvote for Tetra Master while downvoting Triple Triad. I could have overlooked just one, but not both. =P

Splintered

unsavory tart
I want to like your post, Splintered, but I can't because of the inexplicable upvote for Tetra Master while downvoting Triple Triad. I could have overlooked just one, but not both. =P
Something terrible must have happened if I don't even get a like from Tres.

But I stand by my statement, Tetra Master is actually pretty fun and getting chain flips is satisfying, and Triple Triad's terribleness is only emphasized by the fact that it changes rules on you.

tumblr_m1bgh9W2LI1qlzi22o2_250.gif

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I wasn't a big fan of any of the mini games in VII (except Mog House, I like that one for its amusing weirdness), mainly because I suck at them. The (IMO) clunky controls of the motorcycle game makes hitting the enemies frustratingly hard, and I always crashed into things in the snowboarding minigame. Haven't played the sub one recently enough to make any judgements on it though.

Triple Triad is the shit, and Tetra Master is good too.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Gold saucer Super Dunk and the 3D Battler are utter pigshit.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
No. Go away.

:awesome:

EDIT someone should do a vid with that song edited to epic failings of Superdunk

Top Bottom