The CPR minigame is literally the most pointless thing ever.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Has anyone ever gotten past the tall guy (or maybe the guy after?) in the virtual fighting rock-paper-scissors game? I swear the computer just starts straight up cheating.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Technically, every opponent in that game cheats. A non-cheating opponent would randomly pick a move at the same time as the player picks a move and the winner would be determined fairly, but that's not how it works. The opponents wait for the player to pick a move and then use RNG to determine whether they will pick the move that beats it, loses to it or ties with it. The only difference between the opponents is that the later ones randomly pick non-losing moves more often. The first two opponents aren't too difficult to beat, but the third and fourth opponents pick non-losing moves 75% of the time and the fifth (invisible) opponent simply cannot be hit.

More info on Absolute Steve's Guide (search "3-D Battler").

Splintered

unsavory tart
Technically, every opponent in that game cheats. A non-cheating opponent would randomly pick a move at the same time as the player picks a move and the winner would be determined fairly, but that's not how it works. The opponents wait for the player to pick a move and then use RNG to determine whether they will pick the move that beats it, loses to it or ties with it. The only difference between the opponents is that the later ones randomly pick non-losing moves more often. The first two opponents aren't too difficult to beat, but the third and fourth opponents pick non-losing moves 75% of the time and the fifth (invisible) opponent simply cannot be hit.

More info on Absolute Steve's Guide (search "3-D Battler").
Sometimes when you play a minigame you can just feel the fact that it was designed by assholes.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Yeah, when I first read on the FFWiki (and now in Absolute Steve's Guide, as linked by Flintlock) a while ago about the odds being 1/3700 of getting by the 4th guy, I felt like such a champ just getting by the 1st one - I genuinely didn't feel the need to play it EVER AGAIN, and you know...that's completely and exactly why I stopped (why waste a good thing by overdoing it, right?)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That really does explain so much. I'm glad I never tried to get back to the invisible asshole after the one time I beat the fourth guy.

Last edited:

Novus

Pro Adventurer
It isn't fun but I don't expect everything in a game to be fun.

I thought it was more scary because I had trouble defeating Bottomswell prior to it so I was worried that killing her would get me a gameover. Maybe that was the intention, or maybe she originally could die but they considered the boss placement there and changed it so it was unlosable.

I didn't know that about the 3D battler. That is interesting since it's something I overlooked; it's weird how even now I keep finding out new stuff about the game.
I watched another quick youtube video about 3d battler, apparantly there is no scenario planned where Cloud completes it and the game freezes if he wins.

mnju

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Eh, what? Excuse me, but CPR minigame was and is one of the most interesting minigames in FF7 - you actually felt like you had to save someone. Instead of having just dealt with the whole CPR -situation with dialogue alone, player felt like he was engaged in the situation, not just spectating. This was a great attempt to bring the story more closer to the player. Thanks to that, receiving the 'Shiva' summon afterwards felt just all more rewarding. Godtier minigame, one of the best in franchise, right up there next to the Triple Triad and Mog house.

what an awful opinion

Totemau5

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Serious Sam
I have a question.. Hope someone can help me, currently im playing FF7 again with some Mods, etc. like Reunion, Remako, etc. just for better graphics.
Is it normal when you need to rescue Priscilla u only have like 30 seconds or so to ressurect her, otherwise Game is Over??
me only remember that you have unlimited time and can't die, but I played (German) Version, now im playing on english..
And if so, can someone explain how its possible?? I dont hit the right point and keep on losing there, tried 4 times now and everytime I need to beat the Boss again.

Hope some1 can help me out?? Maybe theres a glitch to skip it, or so?

Totemau5

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Serious Sam
It isn't fun but I don't expect everything in a game to be fun.

I thought it was more scary because I had trouble defeating Bottomswell prior to it so I was worried that killing her would get me a gameover. Maybe that was the intention, or maybe she originally could die but they considered the boss placement there and changed it so it was unlosable.

I didn't know that about the 3D battler. That is interesting since it's something I overlooked; it's weird how even now I keep finding out new stuff about the game.
I watched another quick youtube video about 3d battler, apparantly there is no scenario planned where Cloud completes it and the game freezes if he wins.

Just to comment this, I can understand what you mean that u take impact on for example in this Situation rescuing a girl, it was innovative.
The only problem is how this game is designed, its kinda buggy scripted, but the Idea behind that is really Godtier.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
The creator of Reunion has his own ideas about game design. In the original game you cannot Game Over in the minigame, but if you can Game Over during that minigame then Reunion is the cause.

I don't know the particulars though.

Totemau5

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Serious Sam
The creator of Reunion has his own ideas about game design. In the original game you cannot Game Over in the minigame, but if you can Game Over during that minigame then Reunion is the cause.

I don't know the particulars though.

Ah okay thanks, good to know.. Hmm maybe i can turn that off but dunno how to x_x

Top Bottom