Tets
En1dwXNVEAAGghD

6.0 announcement? Wonder if I'll be caught up by then to join the hype train =P

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Wait what

I'm so sorry tets, I somehow completely overlooked this. If you're playing this weekend I'm happy to tag along? Ping me on Discord <3

I don't have an active sub atm, I just used the free login campaign last week to hop in and check out the performance on PS5. We'll have to do it when next I subscribe again :P

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Just finished all of the available new 5.4 patch content this evening. Really solid transition/set-up patch, as well as really good characterization from Alisaie and Y’shtola. Plus some really satisfying progress/payoff to issues the Eorzean city-states have had since ARR. Also definitely recommend doing/finishing Eden before finishing the 5.4 MSQ, definitely felt like it flowed better that way. Now to finally start leveling a Tank class (and unlike Scholar) I actually will have to learn the role mechanics to level up. Gotta get that Role/Void quest content.

Also I can’t believe I didn’t know that Ultimecia’s name in Japanese is actually named after Artemis (i.e. it’s arguably more accurate to translate her name as Artemisia).

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
So I found something really funny... in FF7 Remake! Specifically in the Cetra Hologram. From FFXIV...

FFVIIR_Cetra_hologram_FFXIV_airship.png

That airship in the upper right-hand corner looked... very familiar... and there is only one airship in all of the FF series that looks like that. I got out my Lore Book to make sure I wasn't seeing things and sure enough...

20201212_173429.jpg

It's Cid Garlond's Excelsior from Heavensward with very few changes to speak of!

Why yes, the idea of someone like Cid Garlond being around in the Cetra Era has me laughing my head off for a variety of reasons... mainly because Cid and the Ironworks are the opposite of low-tech...

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
So... I've been playing this since November and I'm loving every minute of it.

Short story long: One of my friends started played the Free Trial and told me about it. Level 60 out of 80 and up to the end of Heavensward for free? Let's give it a try!

... and a try I did give it, back in September. I fell in love with the game over the course of three or four days, just before I had to travel to Denmark for work. Ended up staying there for 2 months without access to my PS4, which meant I was eager to get back to it when I came back! By then, I had already bought the game and have been doing quite a bit with it. She did the same, so it's cool to have a buddy in the game whom I know for real, too. The funny thing is that while she did know about Final Fantasy and had watched me play VII and IX (I did some 'local' streaming with our friends), she was never a huge fan of it, nor a fan of MMORPG's, for that matter. But, the power of FFXIV, huh!

Started off with an Archer, turned Bard, switched my main class to Red Mage. I just reached the end of Heavensward (3.0) today and I'm starting with 3.1. I'm still far off, and I know there's plenty of things I'm not doing such as the Beastmen Tribe quests or all the crafting / gathering parts (I do have a DoH class up to level 19 and have done some specific crafting quests but not much), but I'm doing tons of side-questing and all that.

So yeah, enjoying this as well! :monster:

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Also, a month late but Alex nice job on switching from the second to worst class to the tippy top best of the best class!

:lol: !! I have to say, I didn't dislike Bard but... Red Mage is just fantastic! Just reached lvl 80 with it yesterday.

I'm on the Stormblood patches, eager to start Shadowbringers, actually!

Are you guys all on one server, if so which one? I've been playing on and off for 7 years, on Odin.

My RL friend who joined just before me is on Spriggan, so I went to the same server and that's where I am.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Delubrum Reginae was one of the hardest raids I have ever completed, so many bosses, so many new mechanics.
I’m sure people who like Savage trials and raids will love it.

Currently trying to decide (after finishing one relic crafting tool) if I want to work on grinding my Bozja points to finish all the remaining Gangos sidequests or work more on Eureka (want to finish it for story completion).

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I wanna watch it but I'm scared of spoilers. :monster:
I wonder if there's anything about PS5 enhancements. I'd hope it would just be a PS5-enabled patch for the PS4 version but they probably wanna sell people another license :P
Though I don't really know what they could do that would make a separate PS5 version worthwhile.

Top Bottom