The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Fangu

Great Old One
Huh, everybody is doing this now... the TLS guild was even my idea!! :aah:

But I can't do this now, my gaming / life in general backlog is too big for adds :/

I'll play it when it's released :)

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
What kind of system requirements do you have to have for this? My laptop is only a couple of years old, a Dell Inspiron, if I remember right a double/dual or triple core processer, a good quality graphics card (well it was two years ago), think it'll be able to handle it?

Or should I do it on my PS3 (if it's on PS3)? :smashedmonster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I just grind. I don't really pay attention to the missions, but I do rack them up by stumbling on icons, and by golly, some how or other I have the stuff in my inventory to complete them after wandering around enough.

Spent all 400 of my gil to get a pretty good bow, and it seems to take a good chunk out of enemies. But after lvl 10 it takes quite a few hours to lvl up, I'm almost done with lvl 11.

So are airships like customizable houses? This game really needs Skyrim housing of some sort for group meetings. Feels like we're all homeless.

And I'll probably be on later tonight until it closes at 2am my time.

Also, if we buy the game do we get to keep our characters from the beta?

EDIT: Guess I'll ask this too, has anybody gotten Materia yet?

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Not yet any materia here. Just the shards you use to repair your stuff (I had to fix a ring that was nearing the end of its life...)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm level 19 and...despite my best efforts, I'm kinda hooked. I hear though that the story quests stop at level 20 in the beta

I spent the day doing the 3 first quests I've encountered that required a party. This is where an MMO's fun can really be luck of the draw based on the party you get. Fortunately, I lucked out got a pretty great party and we ended up sticking together the whole day, it was fun. Also, the dungeons were neat too, and had a couple little quirks to make them interesting.

It's still nothing hugely revolutionary for MMOs, but it's a solid one a nd the Final Fantasy theme helps :) I love heaing the victory theme on level ups, community events, and dungeon bosses. And I've also heard the FF Main Theme, it's got a great chocobo theme, and the dungeon theme is a cool battle track that uses the Prelude.
Also it's fun knowing just about everyone playing is also an FF geek. In the dungeon today the Healer used our Limit Break (a party shares a limit bar and what it does depends on the role of the player who uses it) and it was Healing Wind. To which he/she cried "I'M AERITH YO!" :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
Can you add those players to a friend list or something, so that you could find them more easily next time you play? Did you? Sounds like a group of people I'd want to stick with when I need a party.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yes we're all on a friend's list now. In fact, the party was still "together" when we left. You can be as far from your party members as you want. Only if you're going into an instanced fight or dungeon would it become an issue.

The 4 of us were discussing whether we'd lose contact when the game started because the beta characters will all be deleted. I guess it depends if the accounts are getting deleted or just the characters. If it's the latter my friendlist should be intact.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Do you get anything special for having participated in the beta, or was getting to participate the incentive? Seems like you shouldn't have to start completely from scratch.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
They have said there's a bonus for beta participants, but I'm not sure what that is. I know in the beta you can talk to guy to skip you from level 25 to 30. Maybe you'll get to skip a few levels? I dunno.

And I know Highwind has said he's been grinding, I'm happy that I haven't haad to do ANY grinding, which is a huge shift from FF11. Now, yes, your little bs quests are technically grinding but really that's all I ask, something to mask it. Your class' guild also gives you a hunting log so if you kill 6 of this and 4 of this you'll get 3,000 bonus xp. And there's a bunch of them. I like that because not only does it kinda mask the grinding, you get big chunks of xp to motivate you. But still, so far I've only really done it either in missions or enroute to missions. So that's one thing I'm definitely happy about.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I remember when this thread began with people actually hating this game...

Ah, the memories. lol

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
So am I reading right that the next beta's only from 2am-9p friday? Kinda short. I thought the 2 days was a good length. :\

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Hmmm that is really short.

Am I I right in thinking that we start from scratch, I ahve put a lot of work into my character that's all and wouldn't like to lose it :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
It's still nothing hugely revolutionary for MMOs, but it's a solid one a nd the Final Fantasy theme helps :) I love heaing the victory theme on level ups, community events, and dungeon bosses. And I've also heard the FF Main Theme, it's got a great chocobo theme, and the dungeon theme is a cool battle track that uses the Prelude.

The whole FFXIV soundtrack screams "UEMATSU'S BACK YOU FUCKERS"

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Hmmm that is really short.

Am I I right in thinking that we start from scratch, I ahve put a lot of work into my character that's all and wouldn't like to lose it :monster:
I sincerely hope not. I don't really want to go back into it and just have to build up from scratch again. There's the chance we might have to when we start the game on release, but that's going to be next month, not today.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Well I'm currently a level 7 Lalafell Thaumaturge in Ul'dah on the Ramuh server.

This game is really pretty. And I haven't had any issues with lag or whatever. Combat is pretty basic, I hope more options open up for me soon, not that i currently know what to do with it, having trouble customising my hotbar menu.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Has anyone determined yet if it's possible to switch the server a character's on?
It's available when you select your character and the world part.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I'm back on. Going to try looking for this fabled airships and dungeon quests I hear so much about.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Level 21 Lancer now, and I started working on Pugilist, got up to level 8 or so. Pretty fun, and it while it's not a wildly different experience or anything, the pugilist definitely functions differently from the lancer. So that's good.
When I switched to the new class, I got bumped down to level 1 (in that class). I had sold all my low-level equipment, so I had to run around naked for a little bit until I could find some more. :monster: (All the equipment you can buy seems to have a minimum of level 5).
Although I've also learned that once you complete the available story in the beta, you can automatically level any alternate class to level 15. (This is just for the beta, to let you test out a bunch of classes)

Top Bottom