The final vote for the Most Memorable Moment of the Compilation of FFVII

Which moment in the Compilation of FFVII was the most memorable of all?

• Zack's death and Cloud inheriting the Buster Sword

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • The death of Aerith in the Forgotten Capital

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Zack's DMW destruction during the final battle against the MPs in CC.

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Cloud throwing Sephiroth into the Mako pit in Nibelheim.

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
C

CloudKittyVII

Yayz!

Uh oh, another ebil rapid Cloti on our hands :monster:

Welcome to the forums dude ^_^

~hehe :joy: YAY!!! WOOT! Glad to be a CloTi fan too, and to join this site... yesha!!! :awesome:

So how do I start hmmmmmmmmm.... oh yes! Wanna be friends? [i liked your badge thing and used it for my sig too ~heh hopefully =^-^=]

CloudxTifa!!!! <3 4 ever!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That fanart is going on the front page article that announces the results. Omfg.

I hope you don't mind. :monster:

That image is just too awesome not to use. Thank you!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Interesting. It seems to be reasonably static for the last several hours that Zack's death is Seven More than Aerith's.
That's... funny, in a wry sort of way.

Addendum: Welcome to the forums Cloudkitty. What brought you our way?

And Glaurung, I'm serious about wanting more. Feel like doing artz for articles or just for the hell of it?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow, it seems this last vote has gotten a lot more votes over a shorter period of time. I was afraid of this taking forever but this is nice.

I think we can leave this poll open a week and then declare our winner. :monster:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
And Glaurung, I'm serious about wanting more. Feel like doing artz for articles or just for the hell of it?

As long as I have the time to do it, why not? Thank you so much for the offering :)

That fanart is going on the front page article that announces the results. Omfg.

I hope you don't mind. :monster:

That image is just too awesome not to use. Thank you!

I feel most honored that you saw fit to use it *makes a reverence*

Really, I didn't expect that you all liked it so much. Thank you everyone for your compliments!!!!!

Oh, and welcome to the Forums, CloudKitty7!

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm working on it, just have a little patience :awesome:

EDIT: It's just a silly doodle, but it was so fun to do that I love it! I hope you like it.

Heavenly_arm_wrestling_by_Glaurung_II.jpg

It's fucking awesome and so are you.

Agreed with recommendations that you do more stuff. :monster:

Gale

Read My Mind
Sephiroth being thrown into the Mako pit is definitely the underdog here and I need to support it. None of those fancy graphic cutscenes for me - no sir.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
As long as I have the time to do it, why not? Thank you so much for the offering :)

No... we thank YOU :monster:

And it's good to see this is getting votes quickly, I'm not sure it would be good to drag this out any further... but why the hell didn't the others get votes quickly?

C

CloudKittyVII

I STILL vote for Zack

Addendum: Welcome to the forums Cloudkitty. What brought you our way?

Oh Thanks :lol: for the welcome! I feel very happy now. What brought me this way is that I've been reading forums and info from here alot since I'm a big fan of FFVII (seen and played every compilation component except for playing the only japanese game before crisis and haven't finished the rest of the novellas)

I guess this is the time to finally join

Also I love Cloud... so Cloud's beautiful eyez brought me here ---@_@ *pretty eyez............... *clearz through* and CloTi ness ... dunno much else besides theres alot of info here that I'd to comment too.

I'd be willing to do fanart as well like the halo aeris and zack pic too. ^_^

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Great fanartz, Glaurung!

Other than that, I was going to vote for Aeris' death (yes, I refuse to use the term "Aerith" whenever I remember it. Also, I'm sure Glaurung will know one of the reasons why I do this!) but, after I thought about the whole compilation stuff, I have to change my opinion.

Zack's Death is actually the most memorable point of the Compilation, for me. It's the starting point, as it has been mentioned already, the reason everything happens. It means a lot more to the General Compilation than the death of Aeris does.

If I was to choose a moment of FFVII alone, I would choose Aeris' death, because, while Zack's death appears there too, it bears not the same meaning. I mean, to me, Zack's death is memorable BECAUSE of what we see in CC, etc.

I know it's a bit of a stupid way of thinking, the fact that the same two scenes would be rated differently if I say "Compilation of FFVII" or "Just the original FFVII", but it's the way I think...

Damn, that made no sense at all!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I voted for Cloud chucking Sephy in the Lifestream. To me I really think that is the part of the story that I think back on most, in any version (except LO since Seph jumped in that lol). I mean, that moment right there is what what really started the eternal rivalry/hatred that Cloud and Sephiroth have. It is also such a great moment for Cloud, being able to best the supposed greatest warrior alive at the time. He didn't even have any mako enhancements at that time. He was just a scrawny kid who was pissed off. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I voted for Cloud chucking Sephy in the Lifestream.

This is why you are cool. You think like me. :monster:

Hopefully not on everything, though.

Tennyo said:
To me I really think that is the part of the story that I think back on most, in any version (except LO since Seph jumped in that lol). I mean, that moment right there is what what really started the eternal rivalry/hatred that Cloud and Sephiroth have. It is also such a great moment for Cloud, being able to best the supposed greatest warrior alive at the time. He didn't even have any mako enhancements at that time. He was just a scrawny kid who was pissed off. :monster:

Absolutely agreed with everything -- especially the part I bolded. This scene, to me, is the one that deserves to be called "Compilation Ground Zero" rather than Zack's death.

Hell, it's the scene that keeps getting redone every year. XD

For JENOVA's sake, out of the three new projects that were set prior to the original game, all three have featured this scene. The battle at the mako reactor is the Crisis Core, peeps. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow, its been a week, and it looks like Zack's death is the winner here :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I think that's safe to say. :monster:

Twice as many votes as Aerith's death, and that's not even taking account of the DMW destruction as part of it. It's ironic when you think about it -- Zack's death was dramatic and sacrificial, exactly the opposite of what Aerith's was intended to be.

The game included both kinds of deaths, and, here we are, years later, and it seems that dramatic deaths involving deliberate sacrifice are still so popular for a reason :monster:

I certainly can't deny that I prefer Zack's death scene. It moves me and leaves me with a very satisfying dramatic feeling.

Aerith's death, however, did exactly what Yoshinori Kitase said it was intended to:

EDGE magazine said:
Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death comes suddenly and there is no notion of good or bad attached to it. It leaves not a dramatic feeling, but a feeling of emptiness. When you lose someone you loved very much you feel this big empty space and think 'If I had known this was coming I would have done things differently.' These are the feelings I wanted to arouse in the players with Aerith's death relatively early in the game. Feelings of reality and not Hollywood.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
haha Tres some of us were looking for that quote :joy:
But it's so true ^_^

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Both of them deal with the fragility of life. Aerith's because of the suddenness of death, Zack's because of its unstoppable-ness. Both are the pain and tragedy of death.

And Zack's death is a 'big damn heroic sacrifice TM' not to have one, but because Zack demanded one. Narratively, he cannot 'just die' at the end of his own story (even if it's not actually the end), but personality wise, he has to make this stand and try and fight to the very end, because that's Zack.

Top Bottom