The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix Original)

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I can see that! Cuz even from the get go, he seemed sorta unreal but I couldn’t immediately tell what was so unnatural about him. I just thought they wanted to match that actor’s eye colour to Timothy Hutton’s.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
You got: Steven
You're ambitious, insecure, but deep down, you're really a softie. Oh yeah, and you've been known to have major FOMO from time to time. Maybe it's time to live in the present?

Fat chance! Won't catch me living in the present.

You got: Nellie
You're a hard person to read, but that's your best quality TBH. You might feel misunderstood more times than not, but don't let that stop you from sharing what you're going through with your trusted friends and family members.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Done with episode 5.

omg Nell was the bent-neck lady all along? :O

Also, there's a mirror behind me that I covered up with a blanket because it reflects the tv which in turn reflects the mirror and it's distracting when I watch stuff but now I don't wanna uncover it anymore because I know horror tropes and something evil will jumpscare me from inside the mirror once I remove the blanket I know it :watchingu:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

391307552992002058.png

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
That floating ghost with the cane kinda reminds me of the Gentlemen from Buffy's "Hush" episode. BIG NOPE Dx

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
The dude trying to scratch his way out

FUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

This plays right into MY fear of getting stuck in enclosed spaces.
NOPE!!! I’M OUTIE
If Luke dies, I won’t forgive any of you for encouraging me to watch this despite knowing the outcome.

Also, she’s like... totally justified in her behaviour but my goodness is Shirl getting on my last nerve lol

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
445251450264879104.png

no words
just cries
this is a beautiful show and that was a beautiful finale
i thought they were going to kill poppy LOL i wanted to kill poppy
but ugh thank goodness luke was saved
omg the dad ;_; when he told olivia that he'd make a promise in exchange for the kids i was like, 'he's gonna kill himself' and i was hoping against hope that it would happen, but i knew it had to happen, and then when i saw his body next to all the pills, i broke down :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

dammit

thank you for the recommendation. totally worth it. everyone, please watch this. soooo fucking good.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
also tbh, whilst i still love Luke, i think the dad is my favourite character. Him, Luke, and Nellie/Theo (toss up between them) are my top three tbh.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Found any hidden ghosts? I managed to see one
when Theo goes into the basement from the Luke/dumbwaiter incident there was a face between the ladder steps
I had to look up what that was all about and apparently ghost faces are hidden all over the episodes.

Found any hidden ghosts? I managed to see one
when Theo goes into the basement from the Luke/dumbwaiter incident there was a face between the ladder steps
I had to look up what that was all about and apparently ghost faces are hidden all over the episodes.
Holy crap I checked right now and that's so overt when you know it's there. XD

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
My impression is that Olivia was being manipulated by the House and it's at the time collection of ghosts. Either on her own, or as a puppet herself, Poppy was using Olivia's love for her childen to trick her into harming them. So at the root of it, the house is causing it. Olivia is kind of like Jack in the Shining, with her vulnerabilities being preyed upon.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Idk, this sounds a bit like the “It wasn’t totally Sephiroth doing the horrid stuff, it was really Jenova!” arguement. It’s like, okay. Maybe he was a little ‘possessed’ by ‘Mother’. But that don’t make him any less accountable!

I bring it up because I’m surprised no one addressed the fact that Olivia was totally in the house when Nellie died. Everyone insists that the House killed Nellie. So Nellie was the one to put the rope around her own neck? Or was it Olivia’s ghost preying on the opportunity to get one of her kids to permanently live with her? Even if she didn’t put the noose on her, she, in a way, let it happen. So rude.

Last edited:
Whether one holds Olivia accountable or not, the "House" IS the ultimate prick, the something that causes all of the bad stuff that happens to the Crain family. Which is one reason that I dislike the house was allowed to stand in the end. The final episode even painted the house (and its ghosts) in a sympathetic light. Fuck that. It should have been burnt down.

Even the Dudleys, after Nellie's death, should have gone "OKAY FUCK THIS WE CAN'T LET THIS HOUSE KILL MORE PEOPLE". Doesn't matter that they didn't know for sure whether Nellie committed suicide or not. They know the house is bad both on the preternatural- and natural level. Enough is enough.

The Dudleys had already enjoyed so many years together with their non-aging ghost daughter. Know when it's time to kill the beast FFS.

The ending was definitely the weakest part of the show for me. That said, I am surprised it wasn't an even weaker ending. 99% of the time, horror movies and shows jump the shark at the end. Here they didn't so much jump the shark as they danced around a puddle of piranhas. :wacky:

Top Bottom