• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Legend of Zelda (General)

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Tali made me do it. She had a shotgun.

But no seriously, I have been a huge Zelda fan for years, and now that I'm replaying it I'm getting all these warm, fuzzy memories, so I figured I'd make a topic. So, here's just the place to chat about which game in the series is your favorite, which characters you like, you expectations for future Zelda games, theories, etc.

There's already a new title coming out for the Wii called Skyward Sword, which not only is fucking up the hardcore timeline enthusiasts but is the first game where Link is right handed. RAGE, RAGE EVERYWHERE

Anyway, I will wrap this up by saying I really hope Princess Zelda gets another badass role in this title, because I think she's just the coolest princess ever.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well he was right-handed in the Wii Twilight Princess too, but I guess you mean in the only available release.

While I was never a HUGE Zelda fan, I always enjoyed the games and I really enjoyed Twilight Princess. I know this is blasphemy to the Zelda people but it makes it kinda hard for me to play Ocarina of Time these day because the combat in TP was just so much more involving.

I borrowed TP when I played it, and ever since my sister got a Wii I've wanted to get it (the GC version, hell no I'm not gonna play the Wii one), but even used copies of that game are still kind of expensive...

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I don't follow Zelda that closely anymore. Is there supposed to be a real timeline, or is it just wishful fans trying to connect essentially random dots?

Splintered

unsavory tart
I only played OoT and Majora's Mask. Then I moved on with consoles.

But OoT will forever be one of my favorite games of all time.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Grunt said:
I don't follow Zelda that closely anymore. Is there supposed to be a real timeline, or is it just wishful fans trying to connect essentially random dots?

The latter, but even I have to admit its kinda fun.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Zelda was quite a badass in TP, Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Wind Waker. Though she was kinda messin' with time there in Ocarina of Time and created some sort of stable time loop there, idfk that shit got confusing. I like a lot of the Zelda girls, really, like Malon and Midna and stuff. Miyamoto just makes really cool, likeable characters :awesome:

SADLY my favorite game has gotta be Majora's Mask because it seemed much darker than all the other Zeldas. The general aesthetic was just gorgeous and I loved it v. much <3

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
There apparently is a timeline, but only Miyamoto knows what it is. I think he also said he doesn't really care about it as much as making the individual games, but fans get really into it.

Also I need to finish Twilight Princess. I feel like that's awful for a Zelda fan to say, but I haven't had enough cash to keep up on the recent releases. The last one I played was Phantom Hourglass -- but I really want to get my hands on Spirit Tracks.

Zelda was quite a badass in TP, Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Wind Waker. Though she was kinda messin' with time there in Ocarina of Time and created some sort of stable time loop there, idfk that shit got confusing.

She's the reason the timeline split so ALL THAT MESS IS HER FAULT aha

But fuck year, I love that she was ridin' that horse like a pro, shooting arrows.
Also she's a ninja, which automatically makes her amazing.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I love Zelda. <3 I've only played Link to The Past, OoT, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess though. I do have four swords, but never got around to playing it. I bought that like four Zelda games in one thing for my Gamecube long ago, and just kinda forgot. xD OoT is being remade for the 3DS, at least that's what I heard, which makes me sad. <=( Why couldn't that have been re-made for the Wii? And also, I don't want to buy a 3DS. >_>

I really loved and hated Majora's Mask. I hated that shit was timed. When things are timed I get hella stressed out! xD So the whole time I did the side quest with Kafe and Anzu, I was like SHIT... NOW I NEED THE LETTER. CRAP NOW I NEED THAT ONE THING OMG THE MOON IS GOING TO FALL AND I'M GOING TO DESTROY THEIR WEDDING SKGJSLFKGHSLHSJH.

I was never a huge fan of Zelda the character, but I don't have a problem with her. c: I liked seeing her in brawl and everything. Midna though, there's one badass female character. BD I shipped her so hard with Link (and Zelda) by the end of TP. I cried so many tears at the end... stupid game. U_U

Also, Malon. <3

Majora's Mask is my favorite, most definitely. I know the warm, fuzzy feeling of playing Zelda games. I get this feeling the most with Majora's Mask. For some reason I like replaying it around Christmas time :awesome:

I have only played a small section of Twilight Princess and though I am convinced I'd certainly like the whole thing I don't think it could beat Majora in my mind. Already watched all the cutscenes, so, the gameplay is the only thing I've been missing out.

I remember playing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Time, but never getting around to connecting them properly so to get to the real final boss. I think I had the capability to do it (did you need two Game Boys?), but in the end it was far too complicated for me to bother. Annoying code/password system.

Last edited:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I haven't played Zelda games in years. The last one was the one on GameCube (I don't even remember what it was). The original is still the best, lol. Which is the one on the Wii? I had considered getting that, and still considering. I only recently got the wii.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I shipped her so hard with Link (and Zelda) by the end of TP. I cried so many tears at the end... stupid game. U_U
I am a hardcore Link/Zelda shipper (DIE WITH THIS SHIP YO) but the part where it was all like;

"Princess..."
"Say nothing, Minda..."
"Our hearts were as one..."

the shipper goggles went on hardcore.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Yes and no.

There are two distinct timelines.

One is logical and orderly. It's "Adult timeline Ocarina-> Windwaker-> Phantom Hourglass-> Spirit Tracks."

The other one is every other game and goes "Alternate Child timeline Ocarina-> Majora-> Twilight 100ish years later->?????????????????->Adventure of Link. Maybe? Fuck."

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I really loved and hated Majora's Mask. I hated that shit was timed. When things are timed I get hella stressed out! xD So the whole time I did the side quest with Kafe and Anzu, I was like SHIT... NOW I NEED THE LETTER. CRAP NOW I NEED THAT ONE THING OMG THE MOON IS GOING TO FALL AND I'M GOING TO DESTROY THEIR WEDDING SKGJSLFKGHSLHSJH.
OH MY GOD THAT IS THE MOST EPIC SIDEQUEST EVER

though I would seriously replay the days over and over to see how many people I could help in those three days so that HOPEFULLY I would be able to help everyone, I dunno why I loved doing that so much.

ALSO, CELESBITO I feel you should play Wind Waker wherein Zelda is a badass pirate who saves Link's butt ALL THE TIME and is pretty much the coolest thing since the other side of the pillow.

Splintered

unsavory tart
It's kind of hard for me to say whether or not I liked Zelda because she's different in each installment. I didn't really care for Zelda at first until I learned she was Sheik. But after that revelation and she turned back, I didn't particularly care anymore. But she looked kind of beast in Wind Waker.

I am also kind of sad because Malon doesn't get any other installments.

PS.

Navi was the worst Zelda character of all time.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I was never a huge fan of Zelda the character, but I don't have a problem with her. c:

Well Excuuuuuuuse me, princess.

I liked seeing her in brawl and everything. Midna though, there's one badass female character. BD I shipped her so hard with Link (and Zelda) by the end of TP. I cried so many tears at the end... stupid game. U_U

Also, Malon. <3

Midna goes with Zelda. Cuz it's hot. Link gets what's her name. The childhood friend character.

Other links, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure OoT link goes with Malon. I think Minish Cap Link and Four Sword Link get with their respective Zeldas, as do the Windwaker Timeline Links.
No clue otherwise.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I like that the Princess has evolved so much as a character. I mean, I still kinda love her even back in the day (You want the triforce? Well AHAHA FUCK YOU I SCATTERED IT) but I love that the Nintendo team finds more and more ways to make her an active part of the plot, and really a partner to Link rather than just an excuse for him to fight.

Ninja. Pirate. Phantom Armor. C'mon Nintendo, we're all waiting for her to be a badass ninja pirate phantom in SS.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Midna goes with Zelda. Cuz it's hot. Link gets what's her name. The childhood friend character.
See, I never got that impression, especially since he got on the horse to leave the village at the end of the game (I SHOULD KNOW I WENT THROUGH THAT PLACE ON HORSE LIKE FIVE MILLION TIMES), like he was going to go ON AN ADVENTURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE or some shit. It's like he cared so much about her that one point before the middle of the game and then it's just kind of ehh from then on, and he ends up talking to Zelda and Midna way more.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I haven't played Zelda games in years. The last one was the one on GameCube (I don't even remember what it was). The original is still the best, lol. Which is the one on the Wii? I had considered getting that, and still considering. I only recently got the wii.

Twilight Princess. It's a good game, a lot like OoT. I wish it allowed the standard controller because it's annoying waving the wiimote around, but definitely worth playing.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

though I would seriously replay the days over and over to see how many people I could help in those three days so that HOPEFULLY I would be able to help everyone, I dunno why I loved doing that so much.

It's entirely possible. Ass, but possible. It helps to break the game in a few places.

ALSO, CELESBITO I feel you should play Wind Waker wherein Zelda is a badass pirate who saves Link's butt ALL THE TIME and is pretty much the coolest thing since the other side of the pillow.

It's a shame they made her a rock in the sequel, but I guess if they hadn't, she'd have solved things too easily.

It's kind of hard for me to say whether or not I liked Zelda because she's different in each installment. I didn't really care for Zelda at first until I learned she was Sheik. But after that revelation and she turned back, I didn't particularly care anymore. But she looked kind of beast in Wind Waker.

I quite like Zelda in the games where she's properly fleshed out as a character rather than a plot device. That includes Zelda as Sheik.

I am also kind of sad because Malon doesn't get any other installments.

Link's Awakening doesn't count? She's in Majora's Mask twice!

PS.

Navi was the worst Zelda character of all time.

Tatl? Tingle? I mean, Navi's bad, but the worst? Surely you jest.

I love the Kafei sidequest. It's an excellent device to immerse you in the mix of natural disaster and troubled love.

I think it might actually have been possible to help everyone in those three days if it weren't for that time when you choose whether to deliver a letter to Kafei's mother or let the mail man deliver it. Too bad, would have been a hardcore accomplishment otherwise.

Splintered

unsavory tart
HEY LISTEN!

HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN HEY LISTEN

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
I liked Tatl. 8[ SHE JUST RANG WHEN SHE WANTED YOUR ATTENTION, WASN'T THAT BAD

but tingle is ass, yeah, but at least he doesn't sit on your shoulder and shout 'HEYLISTENHEYLISTENHEYLISTEN'

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

I KNOW. I FELT LIKE SHIT FOR RUINING THE FIRST TIME I TRIED IT. Anzu is so cute and sweet. Hey, that reminds me. Did anyone else shit bricks when that hand popped out of the floor in the Inn asking for paper? I nearly died. :awesome:

Yesh, it was a challenge. And it made you feel accomplished when you pulled it off. BD I really love the masks too, such a freaking fabulous idea. Deku Scrub is so adorable. <XD

I've been planning on playing it for ages now. But I heard about was it... Link having a sister? And the world being flooded? And the art style is like lol wat?

until I learned she was Sheik.

The life long argument... IS SHEIK ZELDA IN DISGUISE, OR ANOTHER ENTITY POSSESSING HER BODY? I like the Manga's idea of it imo ;-;

The childhood friend character.

Illyia or however the fuck you spell it? But she's so... boring. XD

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I like that the Princess has evolved so much as a character. I mean, I still kinda love her even back in the day (You want the triforce? Well AHAHA FUCK YOU I SCATTERED IT) but I love that the Nintendo team finds more and more ways to make her an active part of the plot, and really a partner to Link rather than just an excuse for him to fight.

Ninja. Pirate. Phantom Armor. C'mon Nintendo, we're all waiting for her to be a badass ninja pirate phantom in SS.

So... They're finally going to reveal that Samus Aran is the Princess of Hyrule?

See, I never got that impression, especially since he got on the horse to leave the village at the end of the game (I SHOULD KNOW I WENT THROUGH THAT PLACE ON HORSE LIKE FIVE MILLION TIMES), like he was going to go ON AN ADVENTURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE or some shit. It's like he cared so much about her that one point before the middle of the game and then it's just kind of ehh from then on, and he ends up talking to Zelda and Midna way more.

Well, he's kind of stuck talking with Midna period. I'm not sure about Zelda more, though.
Anyways, I do agree, wanderlust overtakes him, but I got the impression that he'll return to her. But I don't feel terribly strongly about that.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee

Link gets what's her name. The childhood friend character.

Other links, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure OoT link goes with Malon. I think Minish Cap Link and Four Sword Link get with their respective Zeldas, as do the Windwaker Timeline Links.
No clue otherwise.

I think the general impression of the ending was that he was riding towards Hyrule, probably to help out Zelda because I mean, what the fuck else are you gonna do after you've been through the shit he has?

AoL Link definitely gets with Zelda, Spirit Tracks sets up L/Z for the future, and OoT is up in the air because from what I hear, it's implied the Hero's Shade or whatever maybe have actually been that Link, so he could have become a knight for Hyrule much like A Link to the Past's Link.

other than that I have no idea.

Top Bottom