THE LIFESTREAM ANNOUNCEMENT: Show of hands, who wants to do stuff?

Are you willing to actively contribute to the site?

• Total voters

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'd also like to remind all of you that you don't have to wait for some mystical opening or whatever to contribute whatever you guys have in mind. If its something like fan art, graphical contributions, editorials, guides, etc, you can go ahead and email/PM them to any one of us and we'll get right on it. So, go ahead and submit whatever you have in mind right now!

However, for the sake of centralization, if all of you guys like the idea of having 'one place' to send your work to, go ahead and PM them to me and I assure you guys they'll go to the right place on the site.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Just to let you know, I've set up a TLS Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLifestreamNet

If anyone makes AMVs or vids we'll see about either featuring or uploading them there. Havent really looked into it. I mainly set it up for the audiobooks, which might draw people here.

Does anyone know how Itunes works? I'll get them on there too as podcasts

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Two guesses how I voted in the poll, but you'll only need one. :awesome:

One of the most time consuming parts of doing the CC Keywords was that there doesn't seem to be a proper English game script online to match things up with the English game. I've had to make do with a walk-through video on YouTube, which is more time consuming to search than a text document would be. Plus some things reference optional NPC dialogue you might not find in a walk-through. So a proper script for CC would help a lot.

The very reason I took it upon myself to do that Dissidia script:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/939394/57905

Which TLS is free to use/host/fornicate with.

Just to let you know, I've set up a TLS Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLifestreamNet

If anyone makes AMVs or vids we'll see about either featuring or uploading them there. Havent really looked into it. I mainly set it up for the audiobooks, which might draw people here.

Great idea, and good job on that!

We should put the "Hitler in the Bunker reacting to Cloti as Canon" vid on there when I have it ready. :awesome:

Pixel

The Pixie King
How's that TLS video opening you were working on coming?
I just built my new computer and installed aftereffects, but have been working pretty much every night, so havent had time so look at it.:( Still trying to figure out how to fave a burst of light, text appear. I think i know how to have the shiny water net thing move on the logo. Ill see.

Any free time i have atm is spent looking for voice actors, emailing back and forth:hohum:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Hey pixel I recommend the Dissidia OP music, the one that sounds similar to XII's openning music. it goes well with that vid you made before.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Im not gonna vote cause i havent 100% scored my new job yet (its like a 70% chance ill get it atm). But if i get it im definitely gonna pick up a Wacom tablet and if all goes as planned i wouldnt mind sending in some fan art.

Would wall papers count as fan art too btw?

I'd also like to remind all of you that you don't have to wait for some mystical opening or whatever to contribute whatever you guys have in mind. If its something like fan art, graphical contributions, editorials, guides, etc, you can go ahead and email/PM them to any one of us and we'll get right on it. So, go ahead and submit whatever you have in mind right now!
This reminds me, no one on staff ever did save a copy of my translated 10th Anniv Tseng's profile did they? I took it down when that domain name I had it hosted on got too expensive (stupid .nu names), and then my compy crashed and I wasn't able to recover my word files.

My brother translated it for me and I feel bad I don't have it anymore.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I'd love to help if I can get paid :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
This reminds me, no one on staff ever did save a copy of my translated 10th Anniv Tseng's profile did they? I took it down when that domain name I had it hosted on got too expensive (stupid .nu names), and then my compy crashed and I wasn't able to recover my word files.

My brother translated it for me and I feel bad I don't have it anymore.

That sucks. :(

If you still have the URL it was hosted at, we might be able to recover it with the Wayback Machine:

http://www.archive.org/

No, it wouldn't be in there, it wasn't that long ago and it was just little fansites, might have if I had submitted but doubt it could find my little sites on it's own.

RagnorokKing

仮面ライダー&#
AKA
RK, Kamen Rider Cho Decade, The Fiend of Earth
I would not mind helping.
My main problem is, I don't speak or read a word of Japanese so I'm somewhat limited.
I've always thought of posting up articles/guides and such, but there are so many people out there who have done so much better than me, I've never felt the need.
But if you need anything, you can always ask.

RagnorokKing

仮面ライダー&#
AKA
RK, Kamen Rider Cho Decade, The Fiend of Earth
Well..
I have been meaning to do a Final Fantasy Compilation on my podcast.
It would be sort of like that bonus "look at Final Fantasy" thing on the XII bonus disk, only like a few hours long and better.
Basically, I was going to go through all of the Final Fantasy games and the three movies.
There was gonna be a section on teh main games, a section on spin offs, a section on the music, and section on the art, a section on the movies, and then a wrap up that included my thoughts on FF XIII.
You guys can have it when I finish, if you would like it.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well..
I have been meaning to do a Final Fantasy Compilation on my podcast.
It would be sort of like that bonus "look at Final Fantasy" thing on the XII bonus disk, only like a few hours long and better.
Basically, I was going to go through all of the Final Fantasy games and the three movies.
There was gonna be a section on teh main games, a section on spin offs, a section on the music, and section on the art, a section on the movies, and then a wrap up that included my thoughts on FF XIII.
You guys can have it when I finish, if you would like it.

Jesus. Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and speak for everybody and say we'd love to see it.

That's going to be a massive undertaking, though, isn't it?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Has there ever been a translated version of FFVII's japanese script? You know besides the crappy one SCEA did.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Has there ever been a translated version of FFVII's japanese script? You know besides the crappy one SCEA did.

I think we should all just wait for DLPB's translation. You know that one's gonna be awesome. :awesome:

Naw there hasn't been one that I know of.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
The non dialogue is almost finished and game files updated. Actually, that is why I am here. To ask members here for a vote on a very few items that we are stuck on and have no real acceptable translation. Rather than ridicule the project, jelp out for a change :)

And there will be no arguments this time, I am not the same guy who left here, as you will see. I don't respond anymore to trolling.

One of my translators has matched all the Japanese script to the english script in an excel document ready to be translated. I am here for another reason.

To ask for as many Japanese translators to pull together and join us. Ryu might have his reservations after last time, Defade has gone awol (but as far as I know ants to help out). There must be more translators here who wish to help genuinely with this project.

Otherwise translating the dialogue could take as long as 2 years. I am hoping that it will be done in 6 months. There has been a massive amount of work put into this.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
It is also my intention to leave this forum again after I have submitted a vote and brought more publicity to this translation.

It has been back breaking work pulling together every single non dialogue thing and assigning its Japanese to it, I even had to make my own Hex decoder and hex edit.

I have started updated the game files, and Part 1 of the translation release will be March 1st.

Top Bottom