• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Mandalorian: Star Wars Live Action Series

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.

WELP, we finally know who's doing the Live Action series now. I'm really curious what Celebration is gonna look like this year. Lots of content on the way splitting out from the main films and such, and it'll be interesting to see how it all goes. I am properly excite.

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
This is quite interesting. As far as its content goes I'd like it to see something related to the Old Republic, that's something we haven't seen in live-action SW, yet.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The show is called, The Mandalorian

http://instagr.am/p/BofTUzhBtrZ/
Jon Favreau, who is set to write and exec produce an original, live-action scripted Star Wars TV series, revealed that his new show will be called The Mandalorian.

"After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic," Favreau shared in a post on his verified Instagram account.

This means that we're almost GUARANTEED that the end of Clone Wars being "The Siege of Mandalore" is gonna tie some pieces directly in to this, but I'm extra curious if this is gonna follow a new character, or if we'll be directly following Sabine (hence the reason that she was the one who wrapped up the story in Rebels into the post-RotJ era). Also, since there're rumors from yesterday that Dave Filoni is directing two episodes.

Either way:

:hype:

X:neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Given that this partly taking place on Tatioone, and the reference to the Fetts, it's might be about Cobb Vanth, the guy that salvaged Boba Fett's armor after the Sarlacc regurgitated it in Aftermath.

Solid callout there, especially with the Tatooine & Fett references. What's especially interesting about that particular group of characters is that Cobb Vanth, Boba Fett, & Jango Fett are currently only ever referenced as being Human in canon, and none of them have been confirmed as actually being Mandalorian, despite possessing Mandalorian armor.

Sabine is the only Mandalorian that I know of directly in the post-RotJ setting, though I could be missing some other characters. At the very least, I'd expect to see her in some capacity, even if Cobb Vanth is our main protagonist given how closely connected she is to the legacy and history around Mandalore, the Dark Saber, and the threads of other bits of story from pre-RotJ in order to give this series some more to hold on to and to help tie those gaps together between 6 & 7.

TBQH, I wouldn't be opposed to it being about someone other than her, but I think that there's a good opportunity to potentially seeing Tiya Sircar, Taylor Gray, & Ashley Eckstein appearing as the live action versions of their animated counterparts. They're currently all in the right age group to be able to pull that off, and it presents a solid opportunity for them in a way that I think fans would find meaningful, since we've seen Saw Guerrera in two animated series and live action as well. Whether or not the main story of The Mandalorian follows the post-Rebels thread possibly leading back up to Thrawn, or if there's just an intersection of both stories that happen briefly – the overall scenario seems plausible enough. Especially if Dave is involved as a director for two episodes, it's almost certainly involving his characters in some way, and that premise alone sounds pretty exciting.

Either way, we've seen how Rebels kicked off as a standalone that eventually linked into the Clone Wars legacy, and it seems like they'll rely on using SOME building blocks of what fans are passionate about to hook this new series in to the rest of everything else.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
the-mandalorian.jpg

Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

Now we've got more information and a picture, it's some for more speculation and such! Dave Filoni is just doing the first episode, so it'll be interesting to see how this all kicks off!

Via: https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

X:neo:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I been burned by Disney, have only liked 1 SW thing they've done, but I'm..... crazy hyped for this. I can't help myself.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
When it comes to the casting, I have to say that I REALLY like that the actors of our main Mandalorian characters in the various Star Wars media so far have been of differing global backgrounds, but they're all also from costal regions in the southern hemisphere. I think that that's helped to make the Mandalorians feel like they stand out slightly from the neutral North/Central American accents of most of the Rebels/Resistance and the more clear British English of the Imperials/First Order.

It's something that I think is very true of Pedro Pascal's performance as Oberyn Martell in Game of Thrones. When looked at in comparison to the other characters in that series, he very much hits the note of belonging in the setting while also being clearly different in both the origin of the skills he possesses and his character's background when juxtaposed against those around him. It's the same thing I think he'll be able to really nail as the lead character in this.

For reference:
• ??? (The Mandalorian) Pedro Pascal is from Chile.
• Jango Fett (AotC) Temuera Morrison is from New Zealand.
• Young Boba Fett (AotC) Daniel Logan is from New Zealand.
• Sabine Wren (Rebels) Tiya Sircar's family is from Caclutta, India.
*Exception: Dee Bradley Baker does do the Clones, but they're all based on Temuera's original performance.

Additional fun fact: Jon Favreau is the voice of Pre Viszla in Clone Wars, which gives him a rather interestingly connected perspective on all of the Mandalorian history. It'll be interesting to see where they lay in connections to Clone Wars, especially since Maul DID kill Pre Viszla to take over Death Watch and form the Shadow Collective (and likely picked up those connections later to make Crimson Dawn). At the very least, it'd be interesting to see if this series decides to eventually focus in on the Darksaber since it's the most through-and-through connection between the Mandalorian history in the animated series, whereas Fett & the Clones are the biggest connections from the films, and it seems like a live-action series might be a way to bring both of those threads together.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction).

Via: https://www.starwars.com/news/pedro-pascal-revealed-as-the-mandalorian

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So... there's an old, familiar face that's apparently making an appearance in The Mandalorian that has me FAR more excited than it has any right to make me over something like this:

If it's not just a fun-but-insignificant background cameo, this makes it seem like the series is gonna involve some tracking and investigation around what Luke & Obi-Wan left behind on Tattooine. We know that Darth Maul & Obi-Wan both had very strong connections to Mandalore, and were both very well known to the people there. Maul eventually found his way to Tattooine and was killed by Obi-Wan as he was watching over Luke, which means that ultimately both of their fates meant that they sort of disappeared in ways that no one really knows about for sure. Additionally, R2-D2 & C-3PO were initially looking for Obi-Wan in the first place when they got captured by the Jawas and encountered R5-D4. There are enough small things like R5-D4 that would be left behind & may end up as clues that it'd be interesting to see. We know that the series is happening post-RotJ & pre-TFA, so it'll be interesting to see what clues would be lost to the desert, and what things might able to be hunted down since that's a ~4-33 year window, depending on when they're placing it specifically where there might be some things still lying around to be discovered, depending on what's being looked for (Maul's grave, Obi-Wan's hermit hut, etc).

What's interesting about that is that from the perspective of the general Star Wars universe, it's not clear how well anyone aside from Luke, Leia, Han, & Chewie how much anyone actually knows about Obi-Wan's involvement during the events of A New Hope at all. As the audience, and that we see the story through Luke's eyes/thoughts we know that Obi-Wan is a constantly present force throughout the trilogy (the same was way know the events in RotJ, but to everyone else, they'd be a legend that only Luke ever actually saw). Because of that, anyone else who was looking deeply into everything is likely to think that Obi-Wan just vanished after the Clone Wars. I don't think that he was ever declared dead officially, and basically anyone outside of Vader who knew what happened on the Death Star would've been killed when the station was destroyed – not to mention that he became one with the Force, and there wasn't even a body to prove the legitimacy of his death the way that you'd want to for something like that.

I think that The Mandalorian is likely to looking into that vacuum that Obi-Wan left behind, likely motivated by something connected to Death Watch. Given that the final season of Clone Wars is covering The Battle of Mandalore, I'd bet that we'll have seeds of what sets those things in motion planted there, since both Maul and Ahsoka manage to cover up their own escape in one way or another. That could give rise to personal curiosity about what they left behind, someone looking to Obi-Wan for assistance, or even other clues of some kind to something else entirely.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Oh hohohooooooooooooooooooo can I just say, that Twi'lek looks so gatdang good. Her lekku look real.

Also, who is that in the carbonite? I almost want to say it looks like a zabrak? The face reminds me of Savage Opress but I don't even recall the timeline of this story and I'm probably being overly zealous if I think I'll see Maul. :lol:

Top Bottom