• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Mandalorian: Star Wars Live Action Series

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Omg thank you so much for replying, Roger. Star Wars is my drug of choice right now and I need to converse about it. :touchingu:

Okay, Din's age makes better since now. Closer to Pascal's ages IRL as well.

I just wanna say how excited I am that Gideon dropped "Siege of Mandalore" dialogue in the final episode...just a few months before The Clone Wars season 7 airs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aah:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Omg thank you so much for replying, Roger. Star Wars is my drug of choice right now and I need to converse about it. :touchingu:

Okay, Din's age makes better since now. Closer to Pascal's ages IRL as well.

I just wanna say how excited I am that Gideon dropped "Siege of Mandalore" dialogue in the final episode...just a few months before The Clone Wars season 7 airs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aah:

I know how you feel, I got Star Wars on the brain 24/7 right now! Can you imagine seeing young cartoon Din witness the Night of Thousand Tears? :faint:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I just want to mention that Episode 3 & Episode 7 prove that Deborah Chow's Obi-Wan series is going to be absolutely fucking incredible, and I can't wait for Season 2 of The Mandalorian. Also, my earliest prediction is that we're gonna see Baby Yoda do something that involves meaningfully piloting the ship at some point to give the "messing with the controls" gags a way to develop.

Also – the number of places who misunderstand the "ages differently" quote and keeps trying to apply human aging development cycles but making them like dog years drives me nuts. The long infancy is likely developing their attunement with The Force on a deeper biological level. After that, they start to develop their inter-personal and inter-species communication skills, because they're not just trying to learn language, but they're trying to also understand what they're learning from The Force at the same time – like what we see with Cara Dune & Din arm wrestling. This means that they might have a long infancy that's more like a nymph/larval-like stage that then shifts into a more rapid maturation development cycle so that we might see The Child start to mature a bit more quickly even though it's still a toddler at ~50 years, it might end up socially aging at something closer to a human rate for a period of time until they're an adult, making Yoda's 900 years still something that's more of what we see with him as a kooky wizened old muppet.

X :neo:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I just want to mention that Episode 3 & Episode 7 prove that Deborah Chow's Obi-Wan series is going to be absolutely fucking incredible, and I can't wait for Season 2 of The Mandalorian. Also, my earliest prediction is that we're gonna see Baby Yoda do something that involves meaningfully piloting the ship at some point to give the "messing with the controls" gags a way to develop.

Also – the number of places who misunderstand the "ages differently" quote and keeps trying to apply human aging development cycles but making them like dog years drives me nuts. The long infancy is likely developing their attunement with The Force on a deeper biological level. After that, they start to develop their inter-personal and inter-species communication skills, because they're not just trying to learn language, but they're trying to also understand what they're learning from The Force at the same time – like what we see with Cara Dune & Din arm wrestling. This means that they might have a long infancy that's more like a nymph/larval-like stage that then shifts into a more rapid maturation development cycle so that we might see The Child start to mature a bit more quickly even though it's still a toddler at ~50 years, it might end up socially aging at something closer to a human rate for a period of time until they're an adult, making Yoda's 900 years still something that's more of what we see with him as a kooky wizened old muppet.

X:neo:
I agree, just because he matures slower doesn't mean everything is lengthened equally, he's not gonna learn one word a year. And once he can have conversations a year of learning about the world around him is a year of learning about the world around him. I see no reason to believe Yoda wasn't much, much, much more ready to start teaching others at 100 then Anakin was ready to teach Ahsoka at 19.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Omg, X!!!!!!! I literally just broke my head over this on starwars.net the other day. Haha:

He seems like he's somewhere in the ballpark of 1 to 1-1/2 years old (by human comparison). Many babies begin walking & speaking gibberish around this time, and what little tidbits we've seen of The Child walking, he looks like he hasn't been doing it for long.

And this also raises a question about the lifespan of The Child's species. We know Yoda lived to 900. We know nothing of Yaddle. We can't assume that 900 is the median lifespan for this species based on Yoda alone. If a 50 year old child is comparable to a 1-1/2 year old human (in terms of walking/talking capabilities), then we could estimate that The Child's species might potentially live to the ripe old age of 2000+ (with good healthcare, etc.).

But then....Yoda did look like he was hanging by a thread at the age of 900, so maybe there's an odd growth spurt / pubertal cycle that this species goes through and they stay in the baby stage for an extended period of time.

It's also worth considering that if The Child grew up in the care of droids who didn't coddle him him appropriately, talk to him, read him bedtime stories, or let him out of his crib, then...maybe he's...developmentally delayed? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Of course it's impossible to understand the development of an unknown alien species in a fictional universe. :monster:
Unless you're Giorgio Tsoukalos, maybe. :hohum:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Another thing to not is that droids don't feel The Force because they're not really living things – hence IG-11's line of dialogue, and Kuiil's comment about them being reflections of those who created them. It's why droid rights any other things like that are such a complicated issue. They're not the "luminous beings" that exist in another medium like the other living things are. Assuming that The Child spent a lot of time around droids, it wouldn't've even been able to learn about how emotion connects to the feelings within The Force from them – despite droids' capability to emote and express themselves.

We also know next to nothing about the group who was protecting The Child prior to The Mandalorian's arrival. I'm honestly surprised that Din hasn't gone back to that compound to attempt to learn more about who had The Child kept there and why. Whose care was it placed under and for what purpose before he arrived working as a hired agent of the Empire to take it from them? With his current responsibilities to The Child, I'd be quite surprised if he didn't go back there in season 2, especially since that's the only lead that he has, but also since I think that it might make sense to give a bit of acknowledgment to Kuiil, since his stuff is all left in the valley still.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Started watching it. Instead of going through all the series in one sitting I'm savouring it like good wine. Pedro Pascal makes a solid job as the titular character and the episodes are easy to sit through. Somehow, I've been having trouble doing it with most movies/shows as of lately and I was thinking I had started having attention span issues. Turns out I only needed a compelling story. And baby Yoda :awesome:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
In case you're like me, this will make you exceptionally happy:
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-child-sideshow-collectibles-400369

They're making it in a partnership with Legacy Effects – who made the one(s) used in the show, so like most things that Sideshow does – it'll be just about as close to the on-screen version of that thing as you'll ever get. I had a feeling that they'd be doing something like this, and I am endlessly pleased that I was correct. :mon:

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
In case you're like me, this will make you exceptionally happy:
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-child-sideshow-collectibles-400369

They're making it in a partnership with Legacy Effects – who made the one(s) used in the show, so like most things that Sideshow does – it'll be just about as close to the on-screen version of that thing as you'll ever get. I had a feeling that they'd be doing something like this, and I am endlessly pleased that I was correct. :mon:

That is cute (and accurate) as hell and a good buy for anyone who's interested.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
My eyes just went wide as saucers. You’re telling me they shot this inside a giant VR game? @_@

Yeah, but even MORESO than that, it's a VR game that has a practical set inside of it, and that VR background provides real-world lighting effects back from the virtual elements onto the real practical elements, and it all gets captured in camera before VFX.

Like... HOLY SHIT.

Avatar was already on another level with the Virtual camera stuff (Corridor Crew touched on some of that in their last video)

– but this is something even beyond that entirely. I just... words literally fail me.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I thought that season 2 already wrapped filming. And the talk of the town is that she was cast as Ahsoka for season 2. I'm not saying who I do or don't believe, but Disney would have to reshoot all Rosario Dawson scenes with any other actor who was in the scene with her, on set or on location. I don't think that's going to happen in the near future. :closedmonster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It’s true. Though apparently a lot of trans SW fans are pretty upset. I didn’t know this until today, but apparently the casted actress (and her family) allegedly abused/harassed a trans man and are currently involved in a lawsuit regarding it.
Good to see the Twitterverse is being characteristically measured and judicious in its approach to these accusations.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Hey, it was reported by reputable sites like NBC. I think it’s understandable for trans fans to be bummed by the allegations and to be readily willing to believe the accuser, considering the rates of crimes/violence committed against trans people on the national/global level.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Hey, it was reported by reputable sites like NBC. I think it’s understandable for trans fans to be bummed by the allegations and to be readily willing to believe the accuser, considering the rates of crimes/violence committed against trans people on the national/global level.

Um... as someone who aspires to end up working inside the judicial system of her country, I'll tell you that Twitter trials are not much different from ancient witch hunts and Spanish Inquisition trials. You know, a simple finger pointing and incidental facts, coupled with the alleged victim's credibility, were enough to send people to the pyre or the torture chamber, just because it was all the rage to spot witches, demonic possessions and infidels. It really susprises me how anti-Christian a big side ot Twitter is, yet they end up acting exacly as the worst examples of what they claim to hate.

Whether if the actress did or didn't is not up to Twitter, whose great majority of members base their opinion on hearsay, but to a court of law, with due process and evidence.

Violence against any group of people is always dangerous, but it's even more those who try to jump into the bandwagon just because they want to hurt someone in particular. Let's be civilized.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Hey, it was reported by reputable sites like NBC.

What they're reporting, though, is that an accusation has been made. Reputability of the media outlet for such an innocuous fact isn't really relevant. They would report the filing of any notable accusation.

Theo said:
I think it’s understandable for trans fans to be bummed by the allegations and to be readily willing to believe the accuser, considering the rates of crimes/violence committed against trans people on the national/global level.
It's understandable, but it also isn't measured and judicious. Folks can be open to a possibility without instantly deciding that someone is guilty of bigotry-fueled violence or that someone else is guilty of lying about being a victim of bigotry-fueled violence.

Top Bottom