• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Velvet Room, a Persona fanclub

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
I think I'm going to have my "control party member" set on permanently as they don't seem to recognise the importance of running away from Death. :awesome:

Aw.
But if you do that you'll miss out on Mitsuru marin karin-ing everything in sight.

I had plenty of humonculi, but when I ran out I didn't have the stuff to make more :'(

See, that was hardly ever a problem for me. Probably because my Koromaru was pretty awesome and got me all this nifty stuff on our walks together. :awesome:
MAN'S BEST FRIEND INDEED.

AND NOW FOR SOME FANART.

Konachancom-40871hanamura_yosukeper.jpg

1218143094616.png

1232750011270.jpg

1219870635697.jpg

1218052883118.png

kr002.jpg

1261980546371.png

PERSONAPUFFS.gif

Picture030.jpg

1236045647578.jpg

Persona4pic23.jpg

MayonakaStreet.gif

bild2q.jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
marin karin is the most retarded and annoying thing ever

it works only frequently enough for me to consider it a useless skill but enough for enemies to give me a lot of trouble when they use it on my party

fuck em

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE ANIME NAMED HIM IN MY DEFENSE.
LOL, OK... although that's not enough to stop some of the people on these forums...
WHEN THEY DID I WA SLIKE WAT

BUT THE "YU" MEME WAS HILARIOUSLY BAD
I didn't see of these myself, but I can imagine. I like to think of him continuing the tradition from the Pokemon movies - Ai (dub, Amber) in Mewtwo Strikes Back (cut from international cinematic release), and Mii (dub, Molly) in Power of the Unown. :awesome:

I've got a book of tarot motiffs at home - would anyone be interested in finding out what each arcana stands for?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Jun/Tatsuya and Chie/Yukiko are my persona otps.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
motherfuck if there's one thing i can complain of for P3

is these ridiculous classroom interludes
I mean seriously what the fuck does the NA version of the game still automatically assume we are all well-versed in Japanese history to be randomly spouting stupid fucking questions on some banal History lesson

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
A SUCCESSFUL MAMUDO

REALLY, GAME
CMON

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^Told you.

I mean seriously what the fuck does the NA version of the game still automatically assume we are all well-versed in Japanese history to be randomly spouting stupid fucking questions on some banal History lesson

Because only weeaboos play Atlus games. Duh.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Hmm, finding the book I mentioned is proving to be more difficult than I thought. Hopefully I'll find it within the next few days (probably over the weekend, tbh).

In the meantime, here's an article from the TVTropes website discussing how the social links from Persona 4 relate to their respective arcanas.

Two warnings with this link: one, there'll be spoilers for P4, obv. Two, it's a TVTropes page, and TVTropes, for you innocents who haven't encountered it, is a time black hole. Warnings in mind, here ya go.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Analysis/Persona4

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Found the book just before I went to sleep last night. Should have the arcana keywords typed up within the next day or two. :)

Out of interest, is there anything any of you particularly want to see in the P4 anime? I really want it to start with Narukami being introduced to the class in a cold opening. Go through the intro scene without seeing him, until "You callin' me a loser?" Camera goes to Narukami. Opening credits. The anime then begins with the caption The Previous Day and shows him arriving.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Aigis: "This is an enigma I may never resolve."
"I shall call you Minato-ninja from now on."
/tinyderpysmile
"... That was a humorous joke."
/notsmilinganymore

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffflollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
And, as promised, finally - tarot keywords. These come from Tarot for Writers by Corrine Kenner. I've copied it from the book more-or-less verbatim. I've only made a few differences, such as removing repetitions (where the same word is listed twice under the same aspect of the same arcana), and standardising spelling (which only happened with judgement - the author used both "judgment" and "judgement").

If the arcana has an archaic name, I've included that alongside the more widely used title. It's also worth mentioning that some of the meanings for the different arcana are quite obviously modern interpretations - I don't think in the Middle Ages, drawing the Chariot, reversed, made people worry about parking tickets. :awesome:

Without further ado...
0. The Fool

Upright: New beginnings, fresh starts, innocence, freedom, originality, eccentricity, adventure, idealism, youth, enthusiasm, excitement, daring, bravery, spontaneity, initiative, invention

Reversed: Folly, foolishness, mania, ineptitude, carelessness, stupidity, negligence, distraction, aimless, flighty, unfocused, unmotivated

1. The Magician

Upright: Skill, diplomacy, self-confidence, talent, will, power, mastery, cunning, showmanship

Reversed: Misuse of gifts and talents, trickery, sleight of hand

2. The High Priestess

Upright: Intuition, psychic ability, spirituality, wisdom, depth, tenacity, revelation, secrets, mystery, the unrevealed future, silence

Reversed: Conceit, superficiality, shallowness, surface knowledge

3. The Empress

Upright: Fertility, creativity, productivity, pregnancy, potential, growth, abundance, comfort, beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, artistic ability, nurturing, sensuality

Reversed: Stubbornness, laziness, infertility, chaos, disorder, smothering affection, overprotection

4. The Emperor

Upright: Stability, power, control, dominion, authority, leadership, protection, reason, logic, confidence, ambition, civilisation, order

Reversed: Tyranny, abuse or misuse of power, war, conquest, strife, poor leadership

5. The Hierophant

Upright: Education, knowledge, theology, organised religion, structure, discipline, culture, values, social and religious institutions, social conventions, tradition, formality, conformity, orthodoxy, obedience, blessing, marriage, alliances, mercy, goodness, inspiration

Reversed: Dogma, repression, judgementalism, intolerance, servitude, criticism, fear, guilt

6. The Lovers/The Twins

Upright: Love, romance, attraction, desirability, flirtation, communication, wise choices, partnerships, balance, duality

Reversed: Infidelity, suspicion, jealousy, obsession, abuse

7. The Chariot

Upright: Movement, forward motion, travel, speed, war, warriors, battle, conquest, triumph, victory, parades, will, control, direction, independence, drive, spirit

Reversed: Delays, opposition, stasis, entropy, parking and traffic violations

8. Strength/Fortitude

Upright: Strength, power, energy, force, fortitude, heart, lust, life force, will, self-control, self-esteem, self-preservation, animal nature, instinct, heroism, ability, mastery, courage

Reversed: Weakness, cowardice, fear, embarrassment, self-criticism, shyness, reluctance

9. The Hermit

Upright: Solitude, isolation, introspection, introversion, meditation, withdrawal, wisdom, philosophy, mysticism, prudence, deliberation, disguise, experience, guidance

Reversed: Paranoia, introversion, agoraphobia

10. The Wheel of Fortune

Upright: Good fortune, good karma, good luck, destiny, chance, success, expansion, perpetual motion, cycles, wheel of life, wheel of the year

Reversed: Reversal of fortune, bad luck, instant karma, standstills, delays

11. Justice

Upright: Justice, karma, equality, equilibrium, equity, legal action, contracts, lawsuits, trials and judgements, fairness, balance

Reversed: Injustice, delayed justice, bias, judicial misconduct, abuse of power, bribery, payoffs, red tape, complications

12. The Hanged Man

Upright: Sacrifice, withdrawal, restraint, foresight, wisdom, meditation, rebirth, transition, initiation, isolation, separation, patience, enlightenment, perspective, alternate reality, reversal

Reversed: Unwilling sacrifice, martyrdom, punishment, imprisonment, treason

13. Death

Upright: Transition, transformation, rebirth, recreation, regeneration, change, alteration, mortality

Reversed: Destruction, corruption, loss, failure, annihilation, inertia, sleep, lethargy, loss of hope

14. Temperance

Upright: Temperance, economy, moderation, frugality, management, combinations, unification, balance

Reversed: Intemperance, imbalance, mismanagement, irreconcilable differences, enablers

15. The Devil

Upright: Materiality, material force, material temptation, obsession, the dark or shadow side of an issue, weakness, abuse, addiction, violence, evil, sexuality, sensuality, devil’s play, devil’s advocate, devil-may-care

Reversed: Sin, temptation, obsession, addiction, materialism, to scapegoat, weakness, abuse, violence, evil

16. The Tower

Upright: Insight, illumination, enlightenment, inspiration, epiphany, awakening, freedom, escape, liberation, release

Reversed: Disaster, catastrophe, destruction, upheaval, fall, ruin, alarm, adversity, calamity, misery, oppression, imprisonment

17. The Star

Upright: Hope, faith, wishes, dreams, promises, expectations, confidence, guidance, inspiration, wish fulfilment

Reversed: Broken dreams, dashed hopes, disappointments, unfilled wishes, darkness, obscurity

18. The Moon

Upright: Reflection, dreams, romance, femininity, intuition, the unconscious, the subconscious, cycles

Reversed: Deception, darkness, danger, shadows, secrets, hidden enemies

19. The Sun

Upright: Consciousness, optimism, happiness, contentment, enthusiasm, joy, light, enlightenment, clarity, glory, heat, passion, radiance, action, celebration, the ego, eclipses

Reversed: Sunburn, overexposure, blindness, drought, global warming

20. Judgement

Upright: Change, renewal, rebirth, resurrection, reawakening, consciousness, compassion, forgiveness, karma, destiny, responsibility

Reversed: Stasis, weakness, indecision, delay, an unwillingness to forgive and move on

21. The World

Upright: Completion, conclusion, perfection, success, celebration, reward, unity, universality, oneness, wholeness, synthesis, coming full circle, centre stage, endings and beginnings

Reversed: Delays, hesitations, false starts

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Fighting Nyx right now. Man, i got him down to 200 hp in his final form before I got myself killed by being an idiot.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I beat Nyx the day before yesterday. Max out Surts magic (having him randomly learn Absorb Ice didn't hurt), pour your strength cards in Kali, pour you agility and endurance cards in Cybelle, get Abbadon, your parties level upwards of 70 and he's a cake walk.

Then yesterday, I am 1 hour into the Answer and already the only options I saw availalbe to me were suicide or give up. What an awful game

So now I'm playing Persona 4!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Just a word that Udon Entertainment are releasing an art book of Shigenori Soejima's work - the guy who designed the characters in Persona 3 and 4. From the advertising, I'd say the Persona artwork is fairly prominent.

Some places online have the option to download a zip, rar or torrent of the Japanese language copy for free, but I haven't had a chance to check any of them, so I won't recommend them.

It's due out this October, and it's listed RRP is US$39.99

Shigenori Soejima Artworks
ISBN-10: 1926778324
ISBN-13: 9781926778327

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Still trying to get Yukari into my pants

I am a tragic human being, I only have Queen Mab at most

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
Am anticipating Risette's Arc so I can be a fapfa- I mean... so I can fanboy.
Also, female dogs and overused women.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Wow, I never saw this club before. /late and ashamed

I had to give my P3P and Persona 3 back to my friend and I miss them dearly. Hopefully I can buy them myself soon. xD

i also think Junpei deserves better than Yukari

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
you know to be honest i had a really fuckin hard time liking chidori i just felt so frustrated with her and like the game gives us very little reason as to why she acts the way she does and just

idk chidori always frustrated me

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Here's a belated Christmas pic, guys. <3

35aba4c15112579461439412208d1789.jpg

Also, there's a fighting game in the works from Arksys, featuring characters from Persona 3 and Persona 4! Here's the TVTropes link: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/Persona4TheUltimateInMayonakaArena

It'll have a different name come the English language release, of course... In Japan, the Midnight Channel was called the Mayonaka Channel.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Akihiko's and Mitsuru's outfits are hilarious

Akihiko looks like some dude cosplaying a spartan
with boxing gloves

Top Bottom