• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Winner of Our Discontent — 2016 U.S. Election Results Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You don't want to know :monster:

Anyway, dunno the guy / gal, but obvious troll is obvious, clearly nothing worthwhile to add.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
You don't want to know :monster:
CS1996347-02A-BIG.jpg

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lmao. This crackerjack, leftist dump made me laugh my head off. Thanks for the read, folks ;)

Guess it must really hurt to have so much fail. Trump for 4 years and, when he fixes the broken voting system that allows illegals to vote, another 4 years to follow.

Sucks to be a Marxist freak like on here. :awesome:

This is literally the funniest thing I have ever read.

SUCK IT TRUMP WON

BUT THE ELECTION WAS STILL TOTALLY RIGGED AND TRUMP IS GOING TO FIX IT SO THAT THE NEXT ELECTION ISN'T RIGGED

THEN HE'LL WIN AGAIN BECAUSE THE ELECTION WON'T BE RIGGED ANYMORE

lol wat

Ghost X

I'm curious how Russia will react if US attacks Iran. That might test the above bromance. Although the next secretary of defence, James Mattis, is an Iran war hawk, as of April, he at least supports the Iran deal, so credit where it is due. Others in Trump's cabinet don't though. I'd still place my bets that Trump will do worse than Bush II for world stability. Numerous sources say he is turning down intelligence briefings. Going in blind always works when it comes to diplomacy, etc.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
1. You lack the experience to solve America's crippling education crisis, but you are totally qualified to solve it's crippling housing crisis.

Well... you also have to keep in mind that Trump is absolutely convinced that all African Americans live in the "inner city", and their lives are a nightmarish hell of poverty and violence. It wouldn't make sense to appoint a rich white guy, and Carson seems to be the only rich black guy licking his boots at the moment. Clearly the right person for the job.

Ghost X

Stephen Colbert joked that Trump selected Carson because he had experience in public housing as a child, but that was based on a report that has since been corrected. It was funny beforehand without the correction, but now funnier because Carson has zero experience. Well, not really funny at all for the likely suffering this could cause :P.

Ghost X

Imagine if those Hamilton electors manage to succeed in getting enough folks to not vote for Trump. While twelve days can be a long time in politics, is it enough to convince over 30 people? :P. I think it is rather unlikely. They also apparently want to vote for Kasich apparently, but Kasich doesn't want to be president :P. I think the USA has simply got to bite the bulllet now. If we become extinct because of it, we just weren't fit for survival :P.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
15356607_10211698110551322_6949323774697151040_n.jpg

Coincidental design, or did Time magazine intentionally give Trump horns on its cover. You be the judge.

Ghost X

CzGCyDZXUAE5-Ov.jpg

Going with SNL's depiction of Steve Bannon as
Saturday-Night-Live-Steve-Bannon-Grim-Reaper-Skit.jpg
:P.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

... someone help me out here... none of these ideas seem like bad ideas

Ghost X

What makes you think that:

a) He is speaking the truth?
b) Where he is speaking the truth, that those actions will actually be a good thing?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
What do you want help with, Dashell? Part of being intellectually honest is acknowledging good ideas no matter where they come from, not just from "your side". If you like his ideas, fine. Here are my takes on them:

Withdraw from the TPP - mixed. There's a lot to dislike about TPP, but there are some good parts to it as well, like environmental protections, which Trump is never going to sign up to voluntarily or bilaterally.

Cancel restrictions on American Energy - bad. Will lead to increased emissions and an acceleration of man-made climate change.

Reduce regulations - far too broad to judge. Some regulations are good, some aren't. Imposing an arbitrary "one in, one out" rule is purely political and not necessarily the best way of doing things.

Protect America's infrastructure - sure, why not.

Investigate abuses of visa programs - complicated. On the one hand, if you have laws, those laws should be enforced. On the other, the laws themselves aren't great. I could never blame anyone for wanting to seek a better life in another country - I've done it myself - and most people coming into America illegally are doing so because they feel it's their only option. I'd rather help them than declare them personae non gratae, but that's just me.

Impose a five-year ban on lobbying - definitely an issue that needs to be tackled, though Trump is filling his cabinet with Goldman Sachs executives (three have been announced so far) so far from "draining the swamp", I think it might be a bit of a smokescreen for the swamp.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
a) He is speaking the truth?
b) Where he is speaking the truth, that those actions will actually be a good thing?
Can't you say this for ANY politician?

What do you want help with, Dashell?

I admit I don't know a lot about politics and I don't know if I'm completely understanding the ideas he's putting forth or not. I should have made it more clear and asked if they were actually bad ideas, sorry.

Reduce regulations - far too broad to judge. Some regulations are good, some aren't. Imposing an arbitrary "one in, one out" rule is purely political and not necessarily the best way of doing things.

Yeah this is the only one where I didn't really understand what he meant.

Investigate abuses of visa programs - complicated. On the one hand, if you have laws, those laws should be enforced. On the other, the laws themselves aren't great. I could never blame anyone for wanting to seek a better life in another country - I've done it myself - and most people coming into America illegally are doing so because they feel it's their only option. I'd rather help them than declare them personae non gratae, but that's just me.

I know he's talked about gun laws and instead of making a bunch of new ones, we need to just enforce the ones we have. But I don't know how well that works for immigration. I think we have laws that just need to be enforced or maybe it is time we add some new ones. From what I've read it's harder to get into Canada or Mexico than it is the US.

Impose a five-year ban on lobbying - definitely an issue that needs to be tackled, though Trump is filling his cabinet with Goldman Sachs executives (three have been announced so far) so far from "draining the swamp", I think it might be a bit of a smokescreen for the swamp.

Yeah true, I haven't been super happy with his cabinet picks... most of the people I know that voted for him either don't care about that or are lying to themselves about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom