• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS 2018 AWARDS: REGRETS!!! (Was Pre-Show, but now I want to talk about something else lmfao).

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
This thread isn't new, I was just feeling sleepy and sappy. With the year and thus the awards coming close to a close, I thought it would be nice to reflect on our...

TLS AWARDS REGRETS
No, I ain't asking you lot to tell me about members you regret recognising LOL, but to take a moment to name some members that you've realised you missed or members that you think deserved a nomination only after the fact.

I want to start by saying that, having listened to his voice for the better part of the day for Movie Night and reflecting on others, I'm quite fond of @Interslicery's soft, bass tones and so I regret that I didn't nominate him in time for 'Best Voice'. My one fantasy is to have him read my a bedtime story with a bittersweet ending. On the topic of 'Best Voice', talking with @Channy again and especially listening to her laugh reminded me why of the many reasons I'd look forward to bullshitting with her and others in a DnD session. If I could go back in time, I'd nominate you as well.

Anyone else with similar woes? <3

Oi! And we ain't writing these things out to invite criticisms ("Yeah, you jerk, why didn't you nominate me??"). Again, I just wanted to give folks another opportunity to reflect on their fellow members, recognise them, and mayhaps share a kind word or so, as I believe that's what the TLS Awards are all about anyway. ^^

Go nuts! :megusta:

Hello all! Flarancy here.

It’s that time of year again! We’ve just wrapped up our TLS Ranks FF Songs event and we’re super excited to dive right into The TLS Awards 2018. Who will get nominated? Who will win? Will there be repeat winners? Will someone new stand out as a top contender? Let’s find out!

Below are a list of categories from last year that we will be carrying over to this year’s Awards event.

Aesthetics
  • The Vincent Award (Hottest Male)
  • The Lucrecia Award (Hottest Female)
  • The Megaphone Award (Best Voice)
  • The Tifa Award (Best Chest)
  • The Mukki Award (Best Ass)
  • The Honeybee Award (Member You’d Like To Bone/Bang)

Personality
  • The Don Corneo Award (Horniest Member)
  • The Cid Award (Most Profane)
  • The Barret Award (Best Drunk)
  • The Zangan Award (Most Sage/Knowledgeable)
  • The Hojo Award (Most Pedantic)
  • The What The Hell - Finger? Award (Most Helpful)
  • The Zack Award (Most Friendly)
  • The Angeal Award (The Peacekeeper)
  • The Palmer Award (Most Entertaining)
  • The Reno Award (Cheekiest Bastard)
  • The Nanaki Award (Member You’d Most Like To Meet)

Membership and Posting
  • The Holy Award (Lifetime Achievement)
  • The Lifestream Award (Best Overall Poster)
  • The Reeve Award (Best Site Contributor)
  • The Highwind Award (Best TLS Ship)
  • The Tiny Bronco Award (Crack TLS Ship)
  • The Tseng Award (Best Forum Staffer)
  • The Cloud Award (Best Newcomer)
  • The Aeris Award (Wish You Were Here)
  • The Johnny Award (Ultimate FF Fan)
  • The Yuffie Award (Most Improved)
  • The Phoenix Down Award (Best Comeback)
  • The Marlene Award (Most Creative)
  • The Red Shirt Award (Least Likely To Win An Award)

Nominations begin on the 14th. There will be (at least) 3 threads and each of these threads will have a designated category with a list of awards that you can nominate for. These threads will be open for a fortnight (until the 28th), then begins the voting itself in December!

Now is your chance to let us know your thoughts. Are there any awards you’d like to contest? Any you’d like to see added? Concerns about the time allotted for nominations and such? Let us know in the thread below. Thank you!

Last edited:

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
So excited!!!!!!!!!! To see some ass from you folks!!!!!!!!!!!

Awards that could probably be done without imo:
The Honeybee Award (Member You’d Like To Bone/Bang) - just seems like a reiteration of the hottest blahblah awards based on the answers.
The Yuffie Award (Most Improved) - backhanded compliment imo.
The Red Shirt Award (Least Likely To Win An Award) - seems unnecessary and also backhanded.

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth

This particular argument comes up most years :D all I want to say is a previous winner of this award, I didn't feel insulted at all. Everybody can always improve, and since that year I was making an active effort to be a nicer, more sociable TLS-er, I appreciated the award a lot! I think it for sure can be seen as being backhanded, but that's up to the person receiving it, imo.

But that's me.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
So excited!!!!!!!!!! To see some ass from you folks!!!!!!!!!!!

Awards that could probably be done without imo:
The Honeybee Award (Member You’d Like To Bone/Bang) - just seems like a reiteration of the hottest blahblah awards based on the answers.
The Red Shirt Award (Least Likely To Win An Award) - seems unnecessary and also backhanded.

Omgggg whats funny is that I swear these same awards were contested just last year. Hahahahaha. What’s been said about Honeybee seems a fair point. Unless one looks at it like “the most bangable of the bangable.” Or sommat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can we have a Mog Award for best pet? Cause I have a puppy now and will fight u

This sounds excellent! ? Ex pets count I reckon :okay:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Vote for removing these three
The Honeybee Award (Member You’d Like To Bone/Bang) - We already got that with hottest
The Cid Award (Most Profane) - No one is ever going to beat Mage.
The Hojo Award (Most Pedantic) - Don't really find it all that entertaining

Needs improvement
The Megaphone Award (Best Voice) - I vote everyone nominated has to record themselves quoting a passage from a really shitty book or something, like Fifty Shades of Grey.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
The Honeybee Award (Member You’d Like To Bone/Bang) - We already got that with hottest

Needs improvement
The Megaphone Award (Best Voice) - I vote everyone nominated has to record themselves quoting a passage from a really shitty book or something, like Fifty Shades of Grey.
I reckon I could give mage a run for her money :P

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I actually really like this idea, a lot of people here have pets so it could be a fun way of just sharing pet pics in general. :D
In my experience it hasn't been unneccesary. It get people nominated that otherwise wouldn't be nominated for anything, and those people certainly exist and want to be included.

I do feel it could get a new name, something FFVII themed like all the other awards.
FFVII themed.... what about... The Tissue Award? :wacky: Or the 1/35 Soldier Award?

Post of the Year
Thread of the Year
Best GIF Use/User
Best Sig/Avatar
Most Unnecessary Conversation about Star Wars

I rather like the Thread of the Year idea! Like Fancy said I think it'd be hard to pick just a Post of the Year, but Thread? Why not? :reptar:
I always felt best GIF was a bit too silly and only focused on a few people using gifs in the forum, but if a lot of people want it back, I suppose it could happen :wacky: Best Sig/Avatar is also a bit outdated imo, but I don't have much feeling for it either way.

Needs improvement

I'd agree with removing the Most Profane, imo a fair bit of people are profane here off and on but it does seem to just be the same ones getting nommed/winning all the time so maybe tossing it this year would be cool. :monster:
I actually want to keep 'Most Bangable' because not everyone I think is hot are people I'd actually bang, though maybe I'm just weird like that. :thinkmonster: And banging is nice. Idk I thought it was an entertaining award but I can see what people mean when they think it's similar enough.
Most Pedantic I could take it or leave it. I think it partly falls under Most Knowledgeable anyways?

I like that idea for Best Voice :monster: LET'S DO IT

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

I have three cats who could beat the shit out of you and Remy

This particular argument comes up most years :D all I want to say is a previous winner of this award, I didn't feel insulted at all. Everybody can always improve, and since that year I was making an active effort to be a nicer, more sociable TLS-er, I appreciated the award a lot! I think it for sure can be seen as being backhanded, but that's up to the person receiving it, imo.

But that's me.

Also as a winner of most improved when I came back, I appreciated it - so I also don't find it a backhand comment

The Honeybee Award is fun for two reasons 1) folks who do not identify as male nor female get an opportunity for physical praise and b) Mog can defeat both men and women and be HOTTEST HOT HOT HOT.

I dunno, I mean, you give 'em a run for their money :monster:
Yassss. Second this. :monster:
Thirdeded :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
It probably doesn't have to be said, but of course if you're nominated for best voice, there's no requirement saying you have to post an audio clip or you're booted out of being a nominee :monster: It'd just be a sort of thing where if you wanna do it, or want a better chance of winning, then why not post a clip? :awesome:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Same with the chest/arse nominations. No one should feel under pressure to share anything they don't want to. Those particular awards personally make me pretty uncomfortable but I'm not stupid enough to try to fight for them to be taken out entirely. I will kick up a fuss if I see anyone trying to get people to post nudes though :tearsofjoy:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
No-one is ever under pressure to post pictures, people do appreciate them because who doesn't like looking at an attractive person?
I concur with the ditching the Hojo award, it's a bit lame without Flint. I like Carlie's ideas, the reading Fifty Shades idea is superb (I can't wait for @Cthulhu to submit something for this). :awesome:
I would also like to back the 'best post' and 'best thread' awards because this year has seen some awesome contenders for those accolades.

I reckon I could give mage a run for her money :P
Sit the fuck down bitch. :monster:

Also since the awards are a thing now, can we archive all the FF Song contest threads? Coming into this section and seeing so many threads about one topic makes my eyes bleed. Also also it'd make Lith's Secret Santa thread a little more prominent without the clutter.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
No-one is ever under pressure to post pictures, people do appreciate them because who doesn't like looking at an attractive person?
I concur with the ditching the Hojo award, it's a bit lame without Flint. I like Carlie's ideas, the reading Fifty Shades idea is superb (I can't wait for @Cthulhu to submit something for this). :awesome:
I would also like to back the 'best post' and 'best thread' awards because this year has seen some awesome contenders for those accolades.

Also since the awards are a thing now, can we archive all the FF Song contest threads? Coming into this section and seeing so many threads about one topic makes my eyes bleed. Also also it'd make Lith's Secret Santa thread a little more prominent without the clutter.

Can someone get Kimble to read 50 Shades of Shite? It'd be slightly bearable if he were reading it...

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
So as a review.

Aesthetics
  • The Vincent Award (Hottest Male)
  • The Lucrecia Award (Hottest Female)
  • The Megaphone Award (Best Voice)
  • The Tifa Award (Best Chest)
  • The Mukki Award (Best Ass)
  • The Honeybee Award (Member You’d Like To Bone/Bang)

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes
  1. None most likely. Will probably keep 'Honeybee'

Personality
  • The Don Corneo Award (Horniest Member)
  • The Cid Award (Most Profane)
  • The Barret Award (Best Drunk)
  • The Zangan Award (Most Sage/Knowledgeable)
  • The Hojo Award (Most Pedantic)
  • The What The Hell - Finger? Award (Most Helpful)
  • The Zack Award (Most Friendly)
  • The Angeal Award (The Peacekeeper)
  • The Palmer Award (Most Entertaining)
  • The Reno Award (Cheekiest Bastard)
  • The Nanaki Award (Member You’d Most Like To Meet)

1. Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes
    Potentially ridding of the Cid Award and permanently conceding the title to Mage. :wacky:
  2. Ridding of the Hojo Award since it's a joke and the butt of it isn't here.

Membership and Posting
  • The Holy Award (Lifetime Achievement)
  • The Lifestream Award (Best Overall Poster)
  • The Reeve Award (Best Site Contributor)
  • The Highwind Award (Best TLS Ship)
  • The Tiny Bronco Award (Crack TLS Ship)
  • The Tseng Award (Best Forum Staffer)
  • The Cloud Award (Best Newcomer)
  • The Aeris Award (Wish You Were Here)
  • The Johnny Award (Ultimate FF Fan)
  • The Yuffie Award (Most Improved)
  • The Phoenix Down Award (Best Comeback)
  • The Marlene Award (Most Creative)
  • The Mog Award (Best Pet of a Member)
  • ????? Award (Thread of the Year)
  • ????? Award (Post of the Year)
  • The Red Shirt Award (Least Likely To Win An Award)

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes
  1. Rewording 'The Red Shirt Award' to 1/35 Soldier Award LMFAO
  2. Probs keeping 'Yuffie' and '1/35' since previous winners/nominees assure they didn't feel any type of way/enjoyed winning the award.
  3. Addition of 'The Mog Award (Best Pet of a Member)'
  4. Addition of 'Thread of the Year' and 'Post of the Year'
  5. Potentially addition of 'GIF use' and 'Best Sig/Avatar'

Also, pls be thinking of names for the new awards lmfao.

Last edited:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V

Oh it's on like mother fucking donkey Kong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom