TLS and boobs

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'd probably be willing to help out with server costs somewhat if it would help keep this place free of annoying ads.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
If we wanted to keep google around, we'd probably have to reinstate that rule about posting NSFW stuff. Or at least say it's not allowed outside of the General Discussion/Donator's sections.

Honestly I can't imagine there would be any NSFW stuff outside of the General section. I mean the fanclubs are under General and that would be the target area of where that stuff might be. I seriously doubt there's anything in the FF sections.

Although I am in favor of keeping the site ad-free. :monster: Plus boobs.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
The right to post boobies must be preserved at all costs, imo. If Google doesn't go with the appeal then fuck 'em.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
There are some booby fanart pics in the fanclubs sections though I cant be exact about which and where, and off the top of my head there was that 'corn cob' pic in the ruins thread a while back iirc :lol:

Im guessing things being spoiler tagged makes no difference to google right?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Is Creativity private? People may have poasted boobs in some of their artwork.

edit: Apparently, yes.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
The fanclubs are in the General section tho which is private now. So we're ok on that.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
If I was Google, I'd completely ignore the spoiler tag, so no, that wouldn't make a difference, alas :monster:. It's a visibility thing, and well, Google doesn't index pages by sight.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Google doesn't really care about swearing, iirc. I'm guessing the best way to determine if something is ok or not by google's standards is to look it up in image search with safe search on, :monster:

Also remember that Google didn't have any issues with us up until I turned indexing back on (I had it turned off accidentally), and I'm pretty sure we've been swearing quite a bit in here, :monster:.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Couldn't you just put certain 'Google-offensive' threads into a password-protected section of the forum? That way people would just have to click a few times and they can view the threads they enjoy again. That also would mean you wouldn't have to abandon the revenue of Google, though I'm sure if you checked you could get people to supplement the site.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That would also be an option. Atm, we've hidden the offending section behind a login wall, basically, log in before you can see it; that should stop google from indexing it already.

Top Bottom