TMNT Ongoing [IDW]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
God damn dude. My poor emotions got wrecked in this issue. Poor Slash & the Mutanimals. :(

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The most recent issue summing up the Trial of Krang was intense and well-executed. Now they're up to a second Ghostbusters crossover, and another Batman crossover as well (timed with the Injustice 2 DLC it would seem). Still one of my favourite ongoing comics.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
God damn dude. My poor emotions got wrecked in this issue. Poor Slash & the Mutanimals. :(

This was post was about TMNT #67 back on Feb 15, 2017.

TMNT #88 came out yesterday, and finally wrapped up what happened in that arc. Suffice to say, it is the most emotionally compromised I've been since TMNT #44 – back on March 18, 2015, and draws on a lot of those same emotions for what it did.

That particular milestone also means that TMNT #100 will drop in a year, and I cannot even imagine where things are gonna be by then.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

They are mega ramping things up headed towards issue #100, and I am just beyond excited about where things have been moving. It's nuts how this has never failed to be my favourite comic any week that it comes out for literal years (one really bad artist's work notwithstanding).

For context: Jennika is Splinter's Chunin when he took over the Foot Clan and Leo chose to join his brothers as Clan Hamato. When an attempted peaceful transition of leadership of the Foot Clan from Splinter to Karai failed, they tried to negotiate on their own, and Jennika got mortally wounded. They couldn't get to a hospital and all other places where they were trying to get medical attention got blocked, so Leo ended up needing to be the donor for a blood transfusion to keep her alive in the end of #95, and as a result she underwent a mutation and looks to be a proper new addition to the TMNT for good now.

Additionally: Shredder in Hell is beyond amazing, and I really REALLY want to invest in the TMNT IDW Collection volumes when I have some time / stability / cash to be able to.

X:neo:

Last edited:
Top Bottom