Toonami's back forreals this time

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
Oh whoops let me edit that... THANKS

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
They decide to do this after I move to a house that does not have cable/satellite TV.

:sadpanda:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
th_yah.gif

This is so fucking awesome.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
No it is not.

If they show Pokemon, DBZ and Reboot I will die of happiness.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I want "Gundam Wing" back more than anything.

But, hellz yeah, this is awesome. Anyone else remember staying up late to watch the Adult Swim Toonami block with DBZ and the unedited "Gundam Wing" episodes and drifting peacefully off to sleep during that really long montage of footage from various Toonami shows?

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I want "Gundam Wing" back more than anything.

But, hellz yeah, this is awesome. Anyone else remember staying up late to watch Adult Swim Toonami with the unedited DBZ/Gundam Wing episodes and drifting peacefully off to sleep during that really long montage of footage from various Toonami shows?

yes

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
OMG WAT BE DIS NEWZ!?!?!!

Is this for real, like really REALLY for real!?!?!?! I can't wait to see what they show :excited:! I hope they show more anime I sure loved them old days where they showed DBZ and such.

PLEAZ SHOW MOAR ANIMU!!!

~ Raz

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I wonder if they'll still have the rights to air Dragon Ball (Z, Kai or GT)? Because Nickelodeon is the one currently airing GT (and was airing Kai). If they do have the rights to use any version of the show I hope they use Dragon Ball Kai (and then revert to old series if they ever to the Buu Saga) because it has better pacing than the original and touched-up animation.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Well I like the original sound track better and they removed some of the good things. Plus, there's a certain charm about the original. I mean it's know for having drawn out battles, without that it's kinda missing something. xD
And also they made Mr. Popo blue because LOL racism issues - seriously?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sorry?:huh:
Did you really like the filler episodes and extremely long and drawn out fights of the old series more for some reason?

I like Kai better because it adapts the manga better.

Yes, because at least it had the same voice actors, original music that wasn't fucking plagarized, wasn't censored for violence/BS moral guardians and finally didn't abruptly end after the Cell games, thanks to people that apparently would rather watch Toriko..than DBZ Kai.

Kai failed hard, especially here in the states. I doesn't adapt the manga better in the least. It's chopped up, and just with shittier music.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I can't wait for this.

Also- I hope that somehow this is used as an opportunity to give Sym-Bionic Titan a proper run with an audience that'll appreciate it, since it'll have real Genndy Tartakovsky fans who would catch all the anime references. I've been gutted ever since Cartoon Network only axed it for not having a toy line in its first season, & I'd kill for a second season of that show.

X :neo:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Well I like the original sound track better and they removed some of the good things. Plus, there's a certain charm about the original. I mean it's know for having drawn out battles, without that it's kinda missing something. xD
And also they made Mr. Popo blue because LOL racism issues - seriously?

I believe the blue Mr. Popo and edited-out violence only occurred in the Nicktoons and The CW Toonzai versions, the uncut Funimation version (and original Japanese versions) don't have the changes I believe.

I don't that much about the music controversy deal but according to the Dragon Ball wiki all of Kenji Yamamoto's musical scores eventually got replaced by Shunsuke Kikuchi's original music.

Also I simply don't have nostalgia for any version of the dub since I never had access to Toonami (or any cable channels) in my childhood.

Last edited:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Also I simply don't have nostalgia for any version of the dub since I never had access to Toonami (or any cable channels) in my childhood.

Explains everything. You missed out on a part of childhood that most likely defined everybody else here :monster:

@topic, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees:aah:

Top Bottom