Top 5 final fantasy soundtracks

LivingLegacy

Pro Adventurer
Who doesn’t love a good top 5? Here are mine (disclosure - I’ve only played FF 1-10, except 3):

5) IV
4) VII Remake
3) VIII
2) VI
1) VII

I almost put 8 as #2. For all the flack it gets, it had a phenomenal soundtrack. Fishermans horizon is one of my favorite songs period.

All in all, thought 7 has the most memorable tunes - both standalone songs (Listening without playing the game), but also in-game and how they elevate the story and atmosphere.

I’ve only heard a few songs from 11-15, so if I’m missing some good ones, please recommend them to me!

What are your top 5? Why is your #1 your favorite?

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
1) VII
2) Crisis Core
3) Advent Children
4) Remake
5) VIII

Starting to think I have a VII bias...

The Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII is always a trip for me. The original version that is, later versions just don't speak to me at all really. True to its name, it's a track that captures the essence of FFVII. More than that. I feel like it captures the entire JRPG genre at the time. It's at times wonderous and at times mysterious. That feeling of adventure as you explore a new world. A bit of magic really.

LivingLegacy

Pro Adventurer
1) VII
2) Crisis Core
3) Advent Children
4) Remake
5) VIII

Starting to think I have a VII bias...

The Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII is always a trip for me. The original version that is, later versions just don't speak to me at all really. True to its name, it's a track that captures the essence of FFVII. More than that. I feel like it captures the entire JRPG genre at the time. It's at times wonderous and at times mysterious. That feeling of adventure as you explore a new world. A bit of magic really.

It’s funny you mention that...before Remake came out, me and a childhood friend that I played FF7 with in 1997 were talking our favorite FF music, and I ended up making a list of my top 20 favorite FF songs. I admittedly spent waaay too much time and thought into this list, but I can’t help myself when it comes to FF music :monster: Can you tell where I’m going with this?

1. Main theme FF7
  2. Phantom forest ff6
  3. Via Purifico FF10
  4. Boss theme ff8
  5. Bombing mission FF7
  6. Fishermans horizon FF8
  7. Boss theme - FF7
  8. Julia ff8
  9. One winged angel ff7
  10. Aeris theme ff7
  11. To Zanarkand FF10
  12. anxious heart FF7
  13. Blue Fields FF8
  14. Overworld theme FF4
  15. Clash on the big bridge FF5
  16. Boss Theme - FF12
  17. Terra - FF6
  18. Interrupted by fireworks FF7
  19. Battle Theme FF13
  20. Village Dali FF9
Honorable mention

Vincent’s theme FF7
The place I’ll return to someday FF9
Crazy motorcycle chase FF7
Besaid theme FF10
Terra FF9
Boss theme - Mystic Quest :lol:

LivingLegacy

Pro Adventurer
@cold_spirit if you have a bias towards VII at least you're on the right site ?

Mind I haven't played all the FFs, I've yet to play I - III, V, XI and XIV. Dis my list tho:

5) XII
4) VII R
3) VI
2) VII
1) XIII

(Yes I didn't put XII first in an FF list, shock gasp)

I’ve only heard a small handful of songs from XIII and XII. The only ones that come to mind are the battle/ boss theme and opening piano bit from XIII and the boss theme from XII. Are there any other notable songs from these that you’d recommend? Would like to check these out sometime.

Verena

Pro Adventurer
Best compilations
1. Ff7
2. Ff8
3. Ffx
4. Ff9
5. Ac

Best songs
1. Aeris song
2. Suteki da ne
3. Eyes on me