• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Tried of FFVII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I wouldn't have minded if FFVIII had been primarily about the love story. If it had actually been told well.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
So find another goddamn fandom. There are plenty of boards with little focus on FFVII and more emphasis on other games in the series.

Lol. You're basically telling me to screw off because I don't like FF VII. I can still like the other Final Fantasies. I don't have to stop liking Final Fantasy because I don't think FF VII is 'teh best'.

I'm just tried of everything being about FF VII and it would be nice for IX and others to get some attention. That so wrong ?

@ Kyrie: I agree with you that SE have been disproportionate with their focus on FFVII characters in Dissidia and KH, personally I am not interested in these titles but I do think that SE should focus more on characters from other titles as there is a lot to explore there. From an economic standpoint though, the characters from popular titles are going to sell more.

I can understand the frustration if you don't think FFVII that good, and how it is annoying if it keeps cropping up on 'best of' lists etc when titles you liked better get overlooked.... but really, you like what you like for its own sake. You don't need to seek some justification for that from the internet.

I can quite honestly say that even if FFVII hadn't been as popular as it was I would still love it as much. I don't think there are many FFVII fans that would say otherwise.

There's Tifa, Sephiroth, Cloud and Aerith as a bonus character in FF VII and IX only gets Zidane and Kuja, it's a a little unfair, and for those IX fans who were hoping for Freya or Vivi to appear, they're extremely disappointed and feel like their favourite Final Fantasy is ignored by the company. Yes, true. But alot of westerners do like FF VI, and that got ignored by SE as well. FF VI got no extra characters in 012.

The original game WAS alright and WAS pretty good, But now because of Advent Children and Crisis Core everything has changed and has spoiled what was decent and special about the original. Are we meant to believe that Tseng who had Cloud working for him in Crisis Core, won't remember him in five years time ? It's stupid.

Yes, but wanted to see if any other Final Fantasy fans here, were feeling the same frustrations. Guess not.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Why is Final Fantasy VII's romance getting flake? Two girls were interested i the main character in the first half of the game, one dies, he ends up with the other. The end. And even the compilation, for all it's faults (so many faults), doesn't pretend otherwise. What's the problem?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why is Final Fantasy VII's romance getting flake? Two girls were interested i the main character in the first half of the game, one dies, he ends up with the other. The end. And even the compilation, for all it's faults (so many faults), doesn't pretend otherwise. What's the problem?

16iv5sk.jpg

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Idk, the same thing basically happened in FFVI too... Except that Rachel was never in love with a guy that was similar to Locke in her past. Because let's face it, Locke is too sexy to be copied. BD

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
If I may seriously address the original post... (as much as I love dicking around with you guys)

Kyrie. You're a senior member of these forums. You are not a newbie so you have no excuse. Why do you think this hasn't been already done to death? For those of us who agree with you, you're preaching to the choir. We've already expressed our problems with the Compilation and it's bullshit. We've expressed it dozens of times.

For those of us who disagree with you, we're not going to be convinced by your typo-ridden tirade. This fandom war has been going on for ten years. We already know what side we're on. This thread seems to me like nothing more than fishing for Thanks and trying to get us in a tizzy over something we fight about all the time anyway.

I for one am not tried of FFVII. It's been fourteen years. And until it holds no more interest to me I will continue to dissect it. To study it. To analyze and appreciate it. THAT is what this section of the forums is about, not fanboy wanking nor this whining frivolity. Cool story bro, but take it to YouTube comments or your Livejournal.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Lol. You're basically telling me to screw off because I don't like FF VII. I can still like the other Final Fantasies. I don't have to stop liking Final Fantasy because I don't think FF VII is 'teh best'.

No, I'm not and if you choose to interpret it as such then I have nothing left to say to you.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

I'm just tried of everything being about FF VII and it would be nice for IX and others to get some attention. That so wrong ?

Yes? Look at your addressbar. It says LIFESTREAM.net. This isn't a general Final Fantasy website that just happens to have a lot of Final Fantasy VII fans who decided to make a whole bunch of seperate boards for FFVII. This is a Final Fantasy VII fansite that you came to complain to about the disproportionate attention given to FFVII. People telling you to go somewhere else isn't that surprising. You don't have to like FFVII, but complaining about so many people talking about FFVII is well, I just don't see why you want to be here then.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
We've already expressed our problems with the Compilation and it's bullshit. We've expressed it dozens of times.

I haven't seen it. All I've seen is the thread about the LTD, Easter Eggs within the game, what CD part you have enjoyed the most, sound effects, and has Tifa's outfit has improved. And in the other sections there hasn't been a post made in ages. :/

And lol, no. I'm not "fishing for a thankyou " It's called 'frustration' and 'anger'. You can't be within a fanbase and be happy and pleased with everything 24/ 7.

I for one am not tried of FFVII. It's been fourteen years. And until it holds no more interest to me I will continue to dissect it. To study it. To analyze and appreciate it.

Good for you. Suppose you want a medal or something ?

:congorats:

I just don't see why you want to be here then.

Because I have two really great online friends here. <: And I wasn't frustrated with FF VII from the very beginning of joining here. Lol.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Well you could just, you know, NOT come to FFVII sections of the site, instead of complaining.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
These days FF VII is just fanboys on youtube liking Sephiroth because he's badass. It's just annoying.

Let me ask you something: why are you even paying attention to fanboys on youtube comments?

Just enjoy the game(s?). :P If you REALLY like the original game then neither the fandom nor the compilation (and the milking) should be that much of a problem, with or without them FFVII will always be a masterpiece.

Again, just enjoy the game.

EDIT:

Oh and

The original game WAS alright and WAS pretty good, But now because of Advent Children and Crisis Core everything has changed and has spoiled what was decent and special about the original.

Sequels/prequels/remakes don't replace original games, the compilation may suck but that doesn't change the quality of the original game. I know I said it like 20 minutes ago but still. The merits of the game are still there and nothing will change that.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Good for you. Suppose you want a medal or something ?

So is this thread not about whether or not we're tried of FFVII? Sorry for misunderstanding.

You're adding pic-spam and flame-baiting to your list of accomplishments in this thread. This was fun, but I have nothing more to say to you.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Kyrie said:
Yes, but wanted to see if any other Final Fantasy fans here, were feeling the same frustrations. Guess not.
A lot of people share these frustrations actually. Myself especially.

But I doubt you're going to get anyone to share your sympathies you expect if you keep jumping down people's throats and generally being a bit of scumbag.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Sorry. I was a stupid idiot and didn't think before acting and let emotions be more controlling than common sense.

I just wanted to express feelings about it, and when got pointed out for the spelling mistake and how people were telling me to GTFO because didn't like FF VII, I felt a little offended, so got angry and made things doubly worse.

But I wasn't really liked here or welcomed here, so the people who wanted me to go away, I will and maybe get more into Devil may Cry, Assassin's creed and things.

People dislike me, but they don't have the balls to say it. Thanks for being honest.
If could turn back time, wouldn't of made this thread.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Its probably less 'people don't like you' and much more 'people don't like the way you've been treating people in this thread'.

The thread itself has a good point, FFVII is over-represented and portions of its substantial fanbase are howling idiots. This is allowed to annoy you! But there's no need to get snarky with the people who disagree and then shout down the people that are actually agreeing with you. You just need to chill out, guy :oscar:

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
I really don't understand what happened in this thread.

Kyrie, you made a thread in an FFVII forum about how you dislike the game. Of course there's going to be people who disagree with you. That doesn't mean that everyone hates you. You said you have some good friends on this forum--I don't think their feelings for you are going to change over one thread.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
One thing about Dissidia. I was calling for Beatrix at every turn, but VII only got one more character. You're making it sound like they stuck the whole cast in there. IV, V, VII, VIII, X, and XII all got an extra character. It's a shame VI or IX didn't but they're not favoring VII to the exclusion of all others.

maybe get more into Devil may Cry

lol. If you don't like what the Compilation did to characters, you're REALLY gonna be pissed by Devil May Cry.

texico11

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I was calling for Garnet (I'm actually a big fan of Garnet's character, I know she's not the most popular heroine in the series) or Vivi, but I was also calling for Zack, rather than this Aerith support character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom