Trying to explain the magninitude of this Remake to people who don't get FF

I'm like "it's called STRATEGY...like checkers or something".
Thank you Howl. The next time somebody complains about the "standing-around-and-waiting-to-be-hit-because-it-is-not-your-turn" element of J-RPGs, I will just bring up how stupid of a game chess is because why would the pieces just stand there and wait to be killed?!?!?! CHECK MATE, J-RPG HATERS!

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I'm like "it's called STRATEGY...like checkers or something".
Thank you Howl. The next time somebody complains about the "standing-around-and-waiting-to-be-hit-because-it-is-not-your-turn" element of J-RPGs, I will just bring up how stupid of a game chess is because why would the pieces just stand there and wait to be killed?!?!?! CHECK MATE, J-RPG HATERS!

Seriously, and moving in predefined patterns, unbreakable and shiz? If the pawns just talked around the knights and the rooks, and refused to move as demanded, that whole board would be a republic by the second turn :awesome:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Trying to explain the remake to someone who doesn't get FF...

Well, I've done that with my husband on a near daily basis since word of the remake broke in June. He knows it's important to me, but doesn't understand how anyone can get so emotionally invested in a video game, tv show, or movie for that matter.

I've tried my best to explain all of the things they would be doing differently, like with an updated battle system, HD graphics, changes to the story to suit the compilation, and just other general badassery. Hopefully the remake can turn him into an RPG fan.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I forced one of my colleagues to watch the remake trailer and showed her a clip of the OG for comparison. She kept asking me which character I was in love with (no idea what she meant) and telling me it was wrong to kill things.

Not sure she understood somehow. :monster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Well, if I play any other game that's NOT FFVII-related, my husband always asks me where Barrett and Cloud are. Those are literally the only characters he knows, and somehow he always forgets it when I tell him that all the numbered games are separate stories.

:wallbanger:

Top Bottom