Twilight: One of the best books ever created. <3

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Good points Teva. But I seriously doubt you're gonna be pissing off anyone here. :monster:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Good points Teva. But I seriously doubt you're gonna be pissing off anyone here. :monster:

Awesome, I think I'll just remove the spoiler tags then. ^_^

Of course I have respect for the Twilighters and all, it's just I hate the book.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Awesome, Teva. Anti-Twilight rants are one of the best types of rants, IMO. Not to mention, you mean to start out small, but then you start thinking off all the things in the series that piss you off and just get ROLLING. It's like you can't stop. :lol:

Also Edward's a jerk for pulling that creepy stalker move on Bella and watching her sleep.

Sad thing is... SHE LIKED IT! :rage:

Oh and there's more . . . the fact that Bella seems to be so shallow that she falls for the "tall dark and mysterious" boy. So whatever happened to Jacob Black, you knew him from your childhood. You could'vew hooked up with him and made things a lot less complicated. But no, you just had to hook up with a pasty weird obsessive controlling vampire that insists on protecting you because let's face it--you can't do crap.

God, YES! She had three perfectly nice boys waiting on her hand and foot, and she treated them like crap! She complained when they talked to her and helped her find her classes. She complained in her thoughts, but still, unfortunately as the reader you get to know those thoughts. She kept making excuses to ditch them too, and acted like a stuck up snob when they were generally nice.

But Edward walks in, and is the most gorgeous guy EVAR so of course she must have him. =/ And force sex on him.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I think somebody's missing the point of this thread.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Awesome, Teva. Anti-Twilight rants are one of the best types of rants, IMO. Not to mention, you mean to start out small, but then you start thinking off all the things in the series that piss you off and just get ROLLING. It's like you can't stop. :lol:

Sad thing is... SHE LIKED IT! :rage:

God, YES! She had three perfectly nice boys waiting on her hand and foot, and she treated them like crap! She complained when they talked to her and helped her find her classes. She complained in her thoughts, but still, unfortunately as the reader you get to know those thoughts. She kept making excuses to ditch them too, and acted like a stuck up snob when they were generally nice.

But Edward walks in, and is the most gorgeous guy EVAR so of course she must have him. =/ And force sex on him.

Thank you hon.

I think I could ruffle a few hardcore Twilighter fans with my rant just because the book is so morally skewed. It completely goes against the feminist ideals (which I hold to pretty strongly) in favor of some submissive whiny ahem, for lack of a better word bitch as the main character. Don't get me wrong, I purchased this book knowing that it would be very sentimental but boy oh boy, I had no idea that it would be downright cheesy.

Besides the fact that Bella consistently makes it a point to ignore three perfectly good suitors in favor of "smexy!pasty vamp-boy" to have some sexy-time really annoyed me. Then she has the audacity, like you said, to just complain and whine and mope over Edward whenever he wasn't near.

Here's what gets me even more pissed off . . .

In one of the chapters that introduced Jacob Black (who is the only character that I can honestly say I like since he actually seems like he develops like a regular character should), Bella tricks the boy and flirts with him in order to solicit some information from him about Edward's whereabouts. She uses her own childhood friend to further her understanding of Edward. Now why the hell couldn't she have just waited for Edward to tell her about his origins himself? In fact, he told her pretty much the same thing that Jacob said but obviously in a much less biased way.

And despite the fact that she could get up off of her lazy ass and get a job to support herself, Bella doesn't do that. Oh no, she'd much rather stay home and play the role of 50's housewife. I'm sorry, but aren't we in the 20th Century? Aren't women working now? Don't we have female supreme court judges and secretary of states and prime ministers now? We do--right, so why the hell couldn't Bella just be a fraction of a bit more independent and get a goddamn job or at least try?

Why does she have to be the quintessential housewife? What message is that relaying to little kids? Am I the only one so deeply perturbed by that?

And yeah, the beautiful thing about this is that it's like a chain reaction. Once you get fired up, you start linking other points together. And it's sadly so easy to make a counterattacking argument for this cheap little fandom. It's sad.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I think I could ruffle a few hardcore Twilighter fans with my rant just because the book is so morally skewed. It completely goes against the feminist ideals (which I hold to pretty strongly) in favor of some submissive whiny ahem, for lack of a better word bitch as the main character. Don't get me wrong, I purchased this book knowing that it would be very sentimental but boy oh boy, I had no idea that it would be downright cheesy.

Oh, you definitely could. Hardcore Twilight fans will be ready to feast on your soul if you even mention that you simply disliked the book. I like how the opening of the entire book is Bella complaining about EVERYTHING. Some things she had a right to complain about, like perhaps, her family. But then she complained how GREEN the scenery was! Then her Dad gives her a free truck to drive, and she complains because it looks crappy. Her Dad's really nice to her and he's trying, and he was SO sweet when he gave it to her. :( I felt bad just reading it. . . and it made me hate Bella even more. D< I knew the book was crap, since I stopped reading very shortly into the first chapter. It was shit. Then, I read it again 'for the lulz' as the TS Forums convinced me to do. It was painful to read.

In one of the chapters that introduced Jacob Black (who is the only character that I can honestly say I like since he actually seems like he develops like a regular character should), Bella tricks the boy and flirts with him in order to solicit some information from him about Edward's whereabouts. She uses her own childhood friend to further her understanding of Edward. Now why the hell couldn't she have just waited for Edward to tell her about his origins himself? In fact, he told her pretty much the same thing that Jacob said but obviously in a much less biased way.

Oh, awesome! You liked Jacob too? XD I thought he was the only worthwhile character in the entire series until the end when SMeyer made him a fucking pedophile. It's like she knew I liked him and said,
"Since you actually found one thing you like in my book, I think I'll ruin it. HA!"
And yeah, toying with a guys feelings for information was pretty damn low of her. She never apologized for it, or felt regret for doing it either.

Am I the only one so deeply perturbed by that?

Believe me, you're not! This book supposedly teaches abstinence and is a GOOD thing for teen girls to read, but that's complete nonsense and I can't believe the media spreads such a shitty lie. I want some talk show out there to call it out for what it really is, seriously. Maybe like Oprah or something. xD Seriously, how the hell does the book teach abstinence when Bella is all over Edward and obsessed with him the entire time?

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Oh, you definitely could. Hardcore Twilight fans will be ready to feast on your soul if you even mention that you simply disliked the book. I like how the opening of the entire book is Bella complaining about EVERYTHING. Some things she had a right to complain about, like perhaps, her family. But then she complained how GREEN the scenery was! Then her Dad gives her a free truck to drive, and she complains because it looks crappy. Her Dad's really nice to her and he's trying, and he was SO sweet when he gave it to her. :( I felt bad just reading it. . . and it made me hate Bella even more. D< I knew the book was crap, since I stopped reading very shortly into the first chapter. It was shit. Then, I read it again 'for the lulz' as the TS Forums convinced me to do. It was painful to read.

Oh, awesome! You liked Jacob too? XD I thought he was the only worthwhile character in the entire series until the end when SMeyer made him a fucking pedophile. It's like she knew I liked him and said,
"Since you actually found one thing you like in my book, I think I'll ruin it. HA!"
And yeah, toying with a guys feelings for information was pretty damn low of her. She never apologized for it, or felt regret for doing it either.

Believe me, you're not! This book supposedly teaches abstinence and is a GOOD thing for teen girls to read, but that's complete nonsense and I can't believe the media spreads such a shitty lie. I want some talk show out there to call it out for what it really is, seriously. Maybe like Oprah or something. xD Seriously, how the hell does the book teach abstinence when Bella is all over Edward and obsessed with him the entire time?

Totally, we should join forces and make an Anti-Twilight Social Group. I'd definitely admin it. :monster:

Actually I'm dead serious about that.

So moving on, Bella's attitude throughout the book was pessimistic, materialistic (look i rhymed :monster:), and just downright intolerable to me. I mean, she was so convinced that edward was perfect that our stupid narrator felt the need to remark how "Adonis-like" Edward was. And another thing didn't this woman ever freaking hear of using adjectives? Thesauruses were created to ensure that brainless authors like her wouldn't be able to pen fifty sentences with the same freaking adverb in a row. Unfortunately her editor missed out on that.

Also the editing was shitty for the book. I think I counted like five typos in the book alone already. People need to use MS Word Spellcheck. I mean is it so hard to flipping press Ctrl+A and then press the Spellcheck option? It's not wasting your time, surely.

About Black . . .

Jacob was the only character that I could actually relate to on some level. He was just trying to ensure that his childhood friend was safe and he was too helpless (or at least felt that he was) to act upon his feelings for her. When Jacob actually got the chance to sort of act upon that Bella again ('cause we must remember that Edward is like her sooooul. She was apparently missing out on her other half from before she ever even heard of vampires) ignores him, like she does with everyone that isn't Edward.

Oh yeah and I heard from a few Twilighters that Jacob becomes really different in the last few installments. That's really cheap. Rowling never did that and I feel the need to compare her to Meyers because I'm sure they're constantly compared. They're the two most influential female fantasy book writers probably in the world so . . .

I mean it's terrible to scrap a perfectly good persona for a likeable character in favor of allowing your pasty boytoy from your middle-age wetdreams to be on top. Eew. That's like Rowling suddenly having Malfoy grab Ginny ('cause we all know he wanted that smexy redhead :monster:) and having some random change-of-heart about his allegiance to the Slytherin household.

Last edited:

Tiefenrausch

Solitary Dancer
WELL, CLOUD ISN'T AN ADONIS AND DOESN'T SPARKLE, LOL!
If he would sparkle like a christmas tree, I'd burn my FFVII stuff and haunt Nomura for the rest of his life.

When I first heard about this fact I was completely baffled. Not in joy, actually. It's one thing to recreate the typical image of a vampire, but must it be this embarassing direction? Then the over-rhapsodizing Bella. She doesn't even know this pale bloodsucking caricature of a vampire and is sooooo :joy: about him? Powered by extreme sexual abstinence.
Yeah, that's the Mormon way to go.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Totally, we should join forces and make an Anti-Twilight Social Group. I'd definitely admin it.

Actually I'm dead serious about that.

Go for it! I'd totally join. :awesome:

So moving on, Bella's attitude throughout the book was pessimistic, materialistic (look i rhymed ), and just downright intolerable to me. I mean, she was so convinced that edward was perfect that our stupid narrator felt the need to remark how "Adonis-like" Edward was. And another thing didn't this woman ever freaking hear of using adjectives? Thesauruses were created to ensure that brainless authors like her wouldn't be able to pen fifty sentences with the same freaking adverb in a row. Unfortunately her editor missed out on that.

Lol, I wish I were paid for every word that SMeyer abused. Perfectly fine words too, like chagrin, sigh, and perfect. And then everyone is like,
"AMAGAD CHAGRIN IS SUCH A BIG WORD OMG!"
I would really like a Twilight fan to explain to me how Twilight holds writing that exceeds all other works of literature and makes it the best thing they've ever read. The only thing that is original about SMeyer's story, is all the BULLSHIT that happens inside of it. Such as vampires sparkling, or creating children. YEP THAT'S A NEW ONE.

Also the editing was shitty for the book. I think I counted like five typos in the book alone already. People need to use MS Word Spellcheck. I mean is it so hard to flipping press Ctrl+A and then press the Spellcheck option? It's not wasting your time, surely.

Yeah, the one I can never get over is when Bella made her Dad pancakes, and then it says he's staring down into his cereal bowl, lol.

ignores him, like she does with everyone that isn't Edward.

Yeah, I always felt so bad for Jacob. :no: Of course it's the good character that gets treated like shit in this book's world. D< And, is that what true love means to SMeyer? To ignore everyone else in the world, disregard their feelings, and most of all, treat them like crap? Force yourself on the one you love and let them abuse you? :awesome:

Oh yeah and I heard from a few Twilighters that Jacob becomes really different in the last few installments.

Yeah, you should know your book is crap when your own fans start calling you out on your crap, lol.
And, I know nothing about HP. I don't like that series either, but I wouldn't say it's poorly written. It's well-done for it's intended audience.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Go for it! I'd totally join. :awesome:

Lol, I wish I were paid for every word that SMeyer abused. Perfectly fine words too, like chagrin, sigh, and perfect. And then everyone is like,
"AMAGAD CHAGRIN IS SUCH A BIG WORD OMG!"
I would really like a Twilight fan to explain to me how Twilight holds writing that exceeds all other works of literature and makes it the best thing they've ever read. The only thing that is original about SMeyer's story, is all the BULLSHIT that happens inside of it. Such as vampires sparkling, or creating children. YEP THAT'S A NEW ONE.

Yeah, the one I can never get over is when Bella made her Dad pancakes, and then it says he's staring down into his cereal bowl, lol.

Yeah, I always felt so bad for Jacob. :no: Of course it's the good character that gets treated like shit in this book's world. D< And, is that what true love means to SMeyer? To ignore everyone else in the world, disregard their feelings, and most of all, treat them like crap? Force yourself on the one you love and let them abuse you? :awesome:

Yeah, you should know your book is crap when your own fans start calling you out on your crap, lol.
And, I know nothing about HP. I don't like that series either, but I wouldn't say it's poorly written. It's well-done for it's intended audience.

See, how the hell do you associate pancakes with cereal bowls? At least in literature unless your characters has some well known idiosyncrasy (c wut i did thar) that enables him to eat pancakes out of cereal bowls . . .

That's just so stupid.

I also love how Twilighters insist that the book is like the Bible and yet they have no valid arguments to back up their claims other than, "Omgz! edward's liek so hawt omgz!" or my personal favorite, "Omgz! Stfu twilight iz liek the best book evar!" How is that an argument? That's just you retiterating your personal opinion in a more vehement way. How is that an insightful input? But then again, considering that there are hardly any upsides to the book I guess that all they can do is reiterate.

Also I created the social group. Check it out nao plz.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
See if you're gonna troll, you gotta make the people actually BELIEVE YOU..

See our discussion about how Barret is a stereotype for example :monster:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Are we allowed to have anti-groups? :awesome:

Either way, I'm joining. :monster:

I'm just wondering... will Twilight fangirls ever join TLS?

Lelouch

--Tamashi no Rufuran
AKA
Emiya Shirou, Oz Vessalius, LPod, Belldandy, L-Phone
bella's a bitch, and so is edward

:fail:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Are we allowed to have anti-groups? :awesome:

Either way, I'm joining. :monster:

I'm just wondering... will Twilight fangirls ever join TLS?

I really hope they will. I'd just loooooooove to have some heated discussions with them. :awesome:

'Cause I'm a total geek like that.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
My friend took the time to read the book the other day and actually took back everything she said. It can't be that bad.

See if you're gonna troll, you gotta make the people actually BELIEVE YOU.

I'll give Quexinos credit though for actually fooling the fuckers who actually believed she fell for Anastar though. That was lulz.

Better safe than sorry. :@

He's so manly! :D

ewcover_twilight.jpg

I just went UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Seriously, that is not hot or manly. Yuck.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
My friend took the time to read the book the other day and actually took back everything she said. It can't be that bad.

Trust me, it's bad. Normally I don't make Anti-anything groups. If I dislike something then I dislike it. However, it's the fact that I have friends who have been pigeonholed into this obsessive fangirling movement known as the Twilighters, that enabled me to make one for this fandom.

But yeah, if you take the time to actually read it and pick it apart, or even just go into it without any biases and read it straight through . . .

Trust me, you're going to start noticing things and even the Twilighters can attest to the fact (at least the ones I know personally) that Edward came off as being a little . . . creepy. They'll deny it afterwards of course but like I said, if YOU read it for yourself and without any biases then you'll start noticing what's so great :quote: about the book.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
18100272.gif
:awesome:

I always did like Pattinson before he became a Cullen. And Kristen too. :sadpanda:

But now I only see them as Edward and Bella... This is all Twilight's fault! :rage:

This rape of literature does this:
monalisa4p.gif

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
18100272.gif
:awesome:

I always did like Pattinson before he became a Cullen. And Kristen too. :sadpanda:

But now I only see them as Edward and Bella... This is all Twilight's fault! :rage:

This rape of literature does this:
monalisa4p.gif

So true. I actually respect Stewart's acting skills--well I did, until she was casted as Bella. Same for Pattinson though I find him to be too pretty for my liking.

I'll take Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, and Daniel Radcliffe kthnxbai. :awesome:

But yeah Stewart's work prior to Twilight wasn't very mainstream I mean she did work with Cera (whom I also <3, see a trend yet?) on Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist which I still want to see. I consider the movie to be very teen-indie!comedy oriented--or at least that's what I call it. I like stuff like that, it falls into the realm of Superbad and stuff. Cool, unique stuff. But Twilight's all mainstream and girly and glittery--it's like that Spice Girls movie but a billion times worse. *cringes*

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
I actually respect Stewart's acting skills

I didn't really. :awesome: I just thought she's really pretty. And she is. Really. But I don't really have any strong opinion towards her acting.

As for Pattinson... It was like "So that's it! Edward Cullen is actually Cedric Diggory vampire'd!" :awesome: He died in Harry Potter and becomes the leading actor for Twilight...

Harry Potter > Twilight, obviously, if the dead minor character in the former becomes the lead in the latter. :awesomonster:

Is it just me, though, or did Stewart and Pattinson acted like they hated their characters in the movie? :awesome:

I'll take Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, and Daniel Radcliffe kthnxbai. :awesome:

As Edward?! HELL NO. :@

Keep Rupert out of this! :rage: And Tom!

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
I didn't really. :awesome: I just thought she's really pretty. And she is. Really. But I don't really have any strong opinion towards her acting.

As for Pattinson... It was like "So that's it! Edward Cullen is actually Cedric Diggory vampire'd!" :awesome: He died in Harry Potter and becomes the leading actor for Twilight...

Harry Potter > Twilight, obviously, if the dead minor character in the former becomes the lead in the latter. :awesomonster:

Is it just me, though, or did Stewart and Pattinson acted like they hated their characters in the movie? :awesome:

As Edward?! HELL NO. :@

Keep Rupert out of this! :rage: And Tom!

Well I know, obviously not as Edward, just in terms of hot fangirlish popularity. Though Edward--er I mean Pattinson (damn it) ONLY took that over in recent times due tohis vampir'd role.

And yeah when I saw him I was like, "Cedric Diggory-dude!? What have they done to you, nooooooooo!" I wanted to cry piteously into my bedsheets right then and there. ^_^

I like nerds and hot sports guys with nice personalities, kthnx. NOT weird creepy downright obsessive vampires who have a BMI that's more suitable for a short 12 year old.

Stewart's decent, she can pull off roles well enough. She's no Amber Tamblyn or Ellen Page but she gets it done. And to me, if you put in some effort and make it somewhat believable then I'll give you a B for effort.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Pattinson's comments in interviews actually make it pretty apparent that he does really hate his character. Which makes him a pretty cool guy in my book, eh mocks Smeyer's sexual fantasies and doesnt afraid of anything.

Top Bottom