Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)

Lex

Administrator
I agreed with the decision because of the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta. Then I learned that its only running for a week some time in December.

Don't get me wrong, these games are worth it on their own (especially 2 and 3) but I was really hoping they'd include the multi because we all had such a fun time with 3's multi.

Lex

Administrator
Unfortunately no. I'll totally skype with you while we're playing the games though :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
what languages does it include?

i was disappointed with what the copy of 3 i played (the download version from the ps+ freeplay) offered :sadpanda:

these are things i concern myself with :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
Well hello there mr. day before it comes out <3

I will be streaming all fucking day.

12088418_1175627495787471_3964695109059275934_n.jpg

This is why I love ordering my games from amazon. Always get them the day before actual release.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i did not realise this was already out so soon :sadpanda:

although i played the demo and tbh i really didn't see that big a difference? maybe my memory isn't good and you need to see them side by side or something

Lex

Administrator
The FPS is the biggest difference IMO, but I spotted some crazy-nice graphical upgrades when you get to some of the more visually pleasing parts of the game. I'll have Uncharted 2 finished today most likely.

Watch this in full screen at 60fps:

EDIT: BTW the part I've been most impressed with graphically so far when compared to PS3 is when you first get to the Ice Cave with Tenzin. It looks phenomenal.

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
My copy didn't fit through my door and my neighbour didn't open the door to take my delivery, so I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning at the post office.

Lex

Administrator
Know how we were saying they missed an opportunity by not calling it the "Master Thief Collection"?

There's a trophy with that exact name XD

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Well hello there mr. day before it comes out <3

I will be streaming all fucking day.

12088418_1175627495787471_3964695109059275934_n.jpg

This is why I love ordering my games from amazon. Always get them the day before actual release.

Challenge run- Play on crushing mode right off the bat. I must taste and hear agony.

Lex

Administrator
I've done that already XD. I started on Crushing yesterday and beat Lazarevic just under two hours ago. So I have all the difficulty trophies for Uncharted 2 already, huzzah! (Aside from the new difficulty called Brutal, which I just unlocked).

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
I've done that already XD. I started on Crushing yesterday and beat Lazarevic just under two hours ago. So I have all the difficulty trophies for Uncharted 2 already, huzzah! (Aside from the new difficulty called Brutal, which I just unlocked).

UC2's crushing mode isn't too bad compared to the first game. Brutal sounds like its going to send me to a hospital from rage.

I raged a ton on UC1 crushing mode.

Lex

Administrator
I did UC1's crushing mode a couple of years ago but it was well after UC3's release. I remember having absolute fear for what's known as "the blue room", because the first time I played through on normal I got stuck there for a really long time. I watched a YouTube vid and nailed it on the first try on crushing, couldn't believe my luck.

Proud of my run through UC2 on crushing there though, because I find UC3 easier so that was essentially the hump to get over since the controls and UI of UC1 have been refined, it shouldn't be as bad. The only real point of frustration I had was when streaming yesterday I kept dying on the train segment, which I've never had trouble with before. I think I had to repeat one segment around 15 times. Other than that I didn't have any problems.

Oh also, discovered a bug on the final boss which helped me immensely. I got stuck inside a random tree and Lazarevic was close enough that he was trying to melee, but the object was in the way. I was in a perfect middle between two of the blue things you have to shoot to damage him and I could hit both from my angle, so it was just a matter of shooting them then waiting for them to respawn. He was down within three minutes, I couldn't believe my luck.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
I did UC1's crushing mode a couple of years ago but it was well after UC3's release. I remember having absolute fear for what's known as "the blue room", because the first time I played through on normal I got stuck there for a really long time. I watched a YouTube vid and nailed it on the first try on crushing, couldn't believe my luck.

You can glitch past the blue room(which I did) otherwise its hell.

Lex

Administrator
How the fuck did I not know this ;-;

It might not be possible in this version though. Let me know? I'm doing a bad and playing UC1 last, I'm just mopping up some trophies on 2 today.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
How the fuck did I not know this ;-;

It might not be possible in this version though. Let me know? I'm doing a bad and playing UC1 last, I'm just mopping up some trophies on 2 today.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
oh god that fucking room

i finished at least one of the games on crushing, but then half way into struggling to through another one i was just like 'what am i doing with my life' and stopped

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I've just started playing the second one as my next Let's Play, currently two hours in. I really, really like it so far! Just come up to the hotel part, which was available as a demo months ago.

Having a ball and had to force myself to come off because it's still a weekday, but I think I'll be pretty much playing through this and the third one for the next two weeks. :awesome:

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
The collection came with my PS4. Sadly as a download and not a physical disk. I am (I think) about half way through the original. It is not a bad game, but from what I an tell a rather repetitive affair, "Jump on stuff, shoot some dudes". Kind of feels more like a PS2 game than a PS3 game, but then it may have started life as a PS2 game, and I am not sure how early in the life of the PS3 it originally came out.

Are the other 2 games the same as this, or do they mix things up a bit more?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The formula is kinda er, well, the same as the original Tomb Raider or other 3rd person games like it (and there were probably similar titles before TR, but eh). It's also by the same people that did Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter, all 3rd person jump-on-stuff kinda games. Can't argue the fact they've got the experience with that kind of genre.

The elementary gameplay will be the same (I've only played the 3rd), but the dressing up and shit gets a bit better (but someone that played all games please add to what I'm BSing about)

Lex

Administrator
The first game is nowhere near as good as 2 or 3, be sure not to base any of your judgments of the series on it. The first one I'd class as "pretty alright". The other two are fantastic.

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
My wife asked me to play some games that had good plots and lots of action. So I bought the Uncharted Collection and I am more than happy to replay all 3 games before the 4th gets released

Top Bottom