Valkyrie Profile Series

Cereal for Dinner

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Sorcerologist
There's already a smartphone game called Valkyrie Anatomia. I don't know if that's what this is referring to.

There was a crossover event for Brave Exvius and Anatomia recently. Lenneth, Freya, Arngrim, Lucian, and Jelanda are playable in Brave Exvius.

Cereal for Dinner

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Sorcerologist
Lenneth, Freya, Alicia, Norn, and Sennah (I think the last two are from Anatomia) are playable in Final Fantasy Dimensions II.

Lenneth, Freya, Arngrim, Mystina, Shiho, and Brahms are playable in Bravely Archive: D's Report.

Edit: Lezard is also in Bravely Archive.

Lenneth, Freya, Silmeria, Hrist, Arngrim, and Lezard (and maybe some others; I can't be bothered to look it up) appeared in Star Ocean Anamnesis.

Lenneth also showed up in something called Fantasy Earth Zero.

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If they'd stop with the crossovers and give us an actual CONSOLE GAME that'd be nice.

Cereal for Dinner

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Sorcerologist
If they'd stop with the crossovers and give us an actual CONSOLE GAME that'd be nice.

I was thinking the same thing, but then I figured that I'll take what I can get, and I'm happy Valkyrie Profile hasn't been forgotten about altogether.

It might be kind of cool if Lenneth shows up in the FFVII Remake as a cameo during the Nibelheim flashback, in her Meryl civilian form, as a harbinger of what's to come. And also because the town is called Nibelheim; a Norse setting is fitting for her.

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Just a followup (spoilers) based on the first three chapters of the Purged Wizard:

Chapter 1 takes place immediately After VP1's events, from Lenneth's recollections and conversation with Loki, to what happened to Lezard during those events... apparently Lezard used the Philosopher's stone to be "reconfigured/reborn" elsewhere just as Lenneth tried to confront him...

Chapter 2 covers events that happened some time before and why "precisely" Hrist chose Arngrim as her servant during the Dipan events of VP2. Apparently the girl knight known as Aria had made a forbidden Soul pact with Hel the Queen of the underworld, and as a result her soul was tainted somehow (her hair turned from Silver to black)... and the implication is that Hrist (Ahly) is all that remains of Aria... basically she became a Valkyrie in order to save Arngrim from the Wizard Ganossa (Gandar) who had killed her earlier. Arngrim was seeking revenge against Gandar, because of what happened with Aria... but learned that she became Hrist.

Chapter 3 begins with Lezard and Mystina in the underground lab in Dipan (or what remains of it)... Lezard comes across Dipan's Time machine (from VP2), and a whole host of memories come flooding in to him (apparently he had sealed part of his memories near here so that Lenneth couldn't read his intentions).

Once Mystina found out about it, he attacked her, but then Lenneth confronted him.

He used the Philosopher's stone to survive Ragnarok, but used the Time Machine to head back to Alicia's time in the past before Lenneth could catch him (starting Valkyrie Profile 2's events).

No idea about Chapter 4 yet... but that's what I've gleaned so far.

Cereal for Dinner

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Sorcerologist
Here's something interesting I found elsewhere. All credit to duckroll:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/is-lightning-returns-actually-valkyrie-profile-3-hrist.505592/

Valkyrie Profile series:
- Developed by tri-Ace
- Published by Square Enix
- Stars a warrior goddess working for Odin to guide brave souls into Valhalla
- Usually features a villain who is creating chaos by affecting the timespace continuum
- Contains boob armor
- Usually features a sort of time system which influences available events
- Battle commands are mapped onto face buttons
- Enemy body parts can be broken off in combat

Other tri-Ace games:
- Often features Day/Night cycles
- Several current-gen games have looked mega-janky
- Often looks like crap in initial trailers when no one understands how they're played

vs

Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII:
- Could be developed by tri-Ace
- Published by Square Enix
- Stars a warrior goddess working for Etro who has to liberate lost souls trapped in time
- Chaos is spreading through the realm and affecting the timespace continuum
- Contains boob armor
- Features a sort of time system which influences available events/NPCs
- Battle commands are mapped onto face buttons
- Enemy body parts can be broken off in combat
- Features a Day/Night cycle
- Looks mega-janky
- Reveal trailer looks like crap and no one really understands how the game is played

Bonus:
Hrist's personality is that of a ruthless warrior. She takes no prisoners, and believes the ends justifies the means. No matter what the task, she will complete it if it is Odin's will. However, despite her cruel personality, she is fiercely loyal to her Einherjar and her sisters, and will defy even Odin to protect them.
Hrist relishes battle and destruction, and to that end, she enjoys making her opponents squirm. After her time with humans in Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, she softens, and eventually comes to respect them, and even begs for their aid.

An interesting note is that as the eldest sister, Hrist exhibits many traits that are distinctive of first born children - she is highly intelligent, ambitious and strives to please others. She is a perfectionist, and is highly driven to please Odin.

Lightning is determined, concentrated and independent. Initially she is cold and standoffish, distancing herself from her companions. Much of her motivation is fueled from what she perceives as failing to protect Serah and wanting to make things right, which leads her to lash out at those she believes are responsible for that and the subsequent Purge: namely, the Sanctum, its fal'Cie and, to a point, Snow Villiers, due to his relationship with Serah and his failure to protect her as he promised. Lightning's early solution to things that upset her is to distance herself from them, emotionally and physically. There are a few times she attempts to reach out to her companions for help, but refusing to show signs of weakness, she comes across to them as arrogant. Over time Lightning begins to show compassion and trust others, and sees the errors in her approach.

Later in the thread:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/13/nora-wont-return-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

"We also asked Kitase about tri-Ace who co-developed Final Fantasy XIII-2. They are involved with Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, but not as much so. "With this installment, staff members of Square Enix are the primary force, but we did get Tri-Ace to help on some parts of the graphic work, as they did in the past," Kitase explained."

Considering the financial problems Square-Enix had at the time of Lightning Returns, I think we should all thank Tri-Ace and the good Valkyrie for saving the company :mon:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
B3b6jEG.jpg

Official Page/News Page
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/soa/vp/
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/656/1656146/

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Just to put everything together:

Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin (takes place before VP1)
Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria (VP2 happens BEFORE and AFTER VP1's events, but mostly BEFORE)
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (main game of the series)
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (a side story that happens during VP1)
Valkyrie Profile: The Purged Wizard (happens mostly AFTER VP1, but has flashbacks from Anatomia's events and links to VP2)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Sorcerologist... just so you know, you can embed videos like this:

<youtube> video ID number </youtube> (replace <> with [])

It ends up like this:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
WTF - She looks like a Secretary now...

AND THIS.... wut

I did NOT expect the fanservice to GO this far!

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I get the reference... since the first VP game showed Lenneth (Platina) as a "Bride", so of course they'd eventually DO this as fanservice... but geez.

Cereal for Dinner

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Sorcerologist
Some more crossover stuff:

There's going to be a collaboration between Octopath Traveler and Valkyrie Anatomia. I don't know the details.

There was a collaboration with 12 Odins, which had Lenneth, Freya, Brahms, Aelia, and Odin. There was a later event with Alicia, Lezard, and Leone.

There was one with Imperial Saga, which featured Lenneth (sword and bow), Arngrim, Freya, Mystina, and Lezard.

Anyways, here's Lenneth the Pantsless Creator from Anatomia:

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I gotta wonder if these games are worth getting... and why isn't Square-Enix porting them?

I mean, okay there's fanservice (VP2 wasn't that bad fanservice-wise)... but so what? The game looks fun.

Cereal for Dinner

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Sorcerologist
Oh, don't mind me. I'd totally play it if it came out English.

I heard that Tri-Ace really regretted having two different names for Hrist (Ahly in the Japanese version), because Square-Enix wants a global title, which apparently prevented them from making a third VP. I'm not sure if that's true, but I sure as hell hope not!

A correction about a comment I made above: SE's financial problems were around 2011, which is when FFXIII-2 was released.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Finished VC1. Gameplay is outright great...story is mostly lifted directly out of WW2, apart from the idea that there's a secret weapon buried under Brussels that will allow them to dominate Europe, obviously that could never hap-

Wait.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I got Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for my PSP the other week, I quite liked the look of it but after browsing this thread I'm itching to play it. Must finish Crisis Core first!

Top Bottom