Vote on the next Community Playthrough :D

What do we play through next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'll hang around with you guys while you play on skype/IRC but I'm not joining this playthrough. I'm about to get flooded with Uni work, then finals and well I'm also not exactly a fan of VIII.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
So presuming we start this today, when around will it be? Also, you know I'm totally up for Skype and IRC if it comes to that. :monster:

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I can't start today, unfortunately. :( But I don't mind if you go ahead, I can always start playing next week after I'm finished with my exam on Wednesday.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So presuming we start this today, when around will it be? Also, you know I'm totally up for Skype and IRC if it comes to that. :monster:

I would have gotten things rolling early (based off Europe's time) if we had gotten a couple more people on board, but seeing as we've not -- and seeing as the day is halfway over even in the U.S. -- I'm going to go ahead and call it: We'll start next Friday night/Saturday morning at midnight, going off western Europe's time.

If I'm reading the time zones right, that will actually be 7:00 p.m. on the east coast of the U.S. and 4:00 p.m. on the west coast.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I must have been in some kind of mood tonight. I went ahead and typed up a whole plan (with questions) for the entire game. Suggestions for more questions are still welcome at any time, of course, but I just felt the itch and had to scratch it.

I've also sent a copy to Lex in case I become unable to continue leading at some point in the process, so we have a backup plan. [EDIT: I see our PM system sucks at maintaining the board's own bullet list formatting; sorry for the mess, dude.]

By the way, I ended up deciding on just ten chapters for the whole thing. That's two and a half months. I decided on this for a few reasons: 1) I think people will start losing interest after any longer than that, and that if the playthrough doesn't maintain momentum, we'll see the same thing happen here that happened with some folks in the last one; 2) FFVIII really isn't that long and doesn't require much leveling at all; 3) Lightning Returns will be coming out around the world in February; 4) the FFX|X-2 HD Remaster may be coming out by then too, so peeps will want to have this playthrough finished.

Lex

Administrator
Looks awesome Tres, images and all sorts. You should start the thread (if you haven't already, I can't remember).

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
That's awesome, Tres. So I'm presuming the playthrough will be starting this weekend?

AvecAloes

Donator
I vote yes, in case there are those who won't be able to join for the actual Skype call or whatever you end up doing :)

Lex

Administrator
Yeah make the thread now IMO, post the first chapter, set the deadline date for it etc. Then when the deadline has passed, post the next one. One chapter at a time :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Oh dear lord, Triple Triad will set me back so much. Must ... resist ...

Top Bottom