• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Were Iflana and Aerith kept in a different part of Shinra from Sephiroth?

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
It's interesting that Sephiroth and Aerith and her mother were both under Shinra's care, but never encountered each other. Again it makes me wonder if Iflana ever heard of Sephiroth from Gast. I think he would have told her a bit about the boy, since he was studying the ancients and probably now feel even more foolish about giving up his morals when it came to Shinra.

Mod player 28

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Dark horse
Sephiroth was originally meant to be Aeriths brother. That's why the characters share a lot of similarities I'm guessing that hojo was meant to fall in love with ifalna and have 2 children and using an ancient to host jenova cells implanted into a child to create the ultimate being but it would have never got into the story very well so it was scrapped but the whole sephiroth aerith would have originally been brought up together I'm guessing rather than replacing any dialog it would have been scrapped all together it is a good point to mention that sephiroth was a follower of professor Gast and knew nothing of ifalna or aerith yet jojo being sephiroph father owned all the evidence of this yet sephiroth never managed to get hold of or see any of the work but within the grand scheme of things it was probably deemed unimportant by the time the full game was released

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sephiroth was originally meant to be Aeriths brother. That's why the characters share a lot of similarities I'm guessing that hojo was meant to fall in love with ifalna and have 2 children and using an ancient to host jenova cells implanted into a child to create the ultimate being but it would have never got into the story very well so it was scrapped but the whole sephiroth aerith would have originally been brought up together I'm guessing rather than replacing any dialog it would have been scrapped all together it is a good point to mention that sephiroth was a follower of professor Gast and knew nothing of ifalna or aerith yet jojo being sephiroph father owned all the evidence of this yet sephiroth never managed to get hold of or see any of the work but within the grand scheme of things it was probably deemed unimportant by the time the full game was released

I kind of wish if they would confirm if that was the original set up. And again it would of made a world of difference, if he found Iflana and Aerith because it would give him all the reason to rebel against Hojo. He took away Gast-the only person who cared for him, while also imprisoning his wife and daughter. I know some good AU's with the premise of him finding them.

Mod player 28

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Dark horse
Maybe if they had made sephiroph a younger brother who matured quicker due to implantation of jenova cells making professor gast sephirophs father over hojo but again with that it wouldn't have worked within the game but... one of the developer did confirm that they were originally supposed to be brother and sister and that is why their hair is so similar but no matter how you think about it, it would have never worked in the game if you make hojo their father or professor gast I assume that sephiroph would have been on the soldier floor most of the time kept away from outside world until he learned to control his immense power that being said he probably wouldn't have been allowed near subject as critical as ifalna and aerith encase he lost control of that immense power by the time he matured he had no interest in hojo or his work perhaps because he has been tested on all his life and he sees hojo as a copycat scientist working off the coat tails of somebody else's work

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maybe if they had made sephiroph a younger brother who matured quicker due to implantation of jenova cells making professor gast sephirophs father over hojo but again with that it wouldn't have worked within the game but... one of the developer did confirm that they were originally supposed to be brother and sister and that is why their hair is so similar but no matter how you think about it, it would have never worked in the game if you make hojo their father or professor gast I assume that sephiroph would have been on the soldier floor most of the time kept away from outside world until he learned to control his immense power that being said he probably wouldn't have been allowed near subject as critical as ifalna and aerith encase he lost control of that immense power by the time he matured he had no interest in hojo or his work perhaps because he has been tested on all his life and he sees hojo as a copycat scientist working off the coat tails of somebody else's work

Yeah, again Sephiorth has nothing but contempt for the scientist-who is also his father. And again I don't think they would tell Sephiroth anything about them, because again if Sephiroth would start asking questions to Ifalna and Aerith about who they are then that will make him find out what truly happen to Gast.

Flutflut

Rookie Adventurer
I'm guessing this stuff is referring to cut content from the development of the original game, but if sephy and aerith were brother and sister and grew up together, sephy would have grown up to be a very different man. Ifalna is a kind person who would never approve of Hojo's experimentation on humans, so unless Hojo ..."breeded" Ifalna, she would never consent to have a baby with him. If Professor Gast, who was researching jenova by interviewing Ifalna and recording it, was made to be sephy's father, Hojo would have no reason to "help his son" unless it was for research. Ifalna would have tried to escape with her son too if she had one. If Sephy was an ancient, I'm sure the planet would tell him some truths about jenova or his mother when she died. But sephy only seems to speak with his "mother" (jenova) instead of the planet. so unless jenova can not only block holy, but the words of the planet, that probably wouldn't have worked... There's just too many things they would need to change to make it work...

Now, if the question is not referring to possible alternate scenarios that could have existed, then aerith and Ifalna obviously did encounter each other (for the first years of aerith's life), but i'm pretty sure sephy was taken away from his mother at birth. He was told his mother was Jenova and we have no idea what they told him about his father. As far as I know, Aerith doesn't know her father is Gast either. Sephy was being raised by Shinra, but aerith and her mother were on the run from them and in hiding. eventually, they were discovered. but instead of saying they were under shinra's care, I'd say they were more under shinra's observation. Sorry if i'm going off topic. I guess i don't quite understand the question...

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
From the time Aerith was an infant to when she was 7, she and her brother were in Shinra's custody but it's odd they never ran into Sephiroth during that time.

Top Bottom