What anime do you think deserve a reboot?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I should've clarified I'm only referring to mainstream entertainment since they're the ones shoveling the most money into all this crap. And like it or not that's who we see most. Thankfully creativity isn't completely dead.

It ain't dead at all. Even big name game companies are investing in new IPs.

People get so blinded by this stuff they don't even bother looking for the original material. It is their own fault for allowing themselves to be dictated by popular media.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I like my 80's series in old-fashioned, handmade animation, thank you very much. No need for HD with me.

This said, about Sailor Moon and other series like Tekkaman Blade, they don't need a reboot, just the original cut being released and correctly dubbed, without censoring them.

Just my two cents.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I like my 80's series in old-fashioned, handmade animation, thank you very much. No need for HD with me.

This said, about Sailor Moon and other series like Tekkaman Blade, they don't need a reboot, just the original cut being released and correctly dubbed, without censoring them.

Just my two cents.

Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z don't need reboots.

They just need to be remade with the exact same plot and story, but with much, much better animation. It's not so much about HD, as it is the dearth of poorly animated episodes that just look incredibly shoddy, especially interspersed with the episodes that do have fantastic animation.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I'll second Dacon on this one, DBZ in particular is extremely hit and miss with its animation from one episode to the next. I personally can't see any harm in redoing the series animation with quality on par with the Kai intro sequence.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'll second Dacon on this one, DBZ in particular is extremely hit and miss with its animation from one episode to the next. I personally can't see any harm in redoing the series animation with quality on par with the Kai intro sequence.

Kai is a huge insult to DBZ fans imo.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z don't need reboots.

They just need to be remade with the exact same plot and story, but with much, much better animation. It's not so much about HD, as it is the dearth of poorly animated episodes that just look incredibly shoddy, especially interspersed with the episodes that do have fantastic animation.
yeah

like have you seen the bluray of cardcaptor sakura? that shit is fucking beautiful, makes me wanna cry almost

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I really don't want anything to get another damn reboot. The current generation of entertainment is nothing but recycling old shit from before and repackaging it for quick cash. We'll never get anything good again if we just keep looking backwards and "rebranding it for a new generation of fans."

Unless it was done just flat out badly, why the hell does it need to be done again?

Cowboy Bebop is a perfect example of something just needing to be left alone. It's fucking perfect as it is now. What the hell needs to be done?
Spike dying
was what made its ending so epic and badass in the first place. A remake where
he lives
or some shit would literally murder the artistic integrity that made it so iconic. Fuck that noise.

Hahah. I don't want to bust anyone's bubble here, but upon asked the specifics of
Spike's
fate, the creator of CB pretty much shrugged and went 'Maybe he did maybe he didn't'.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah, he did.

He pretty much said it could have went one way or the other. He got asked this a lot at conventions for a while.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I think his actual response was that he had never even thought about it and didn't know the answer.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
wiki said:
However, in an interview, Watanabe stated, "I've never officially said that he died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead."

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
DT: Have you received any negative feedback for
Spike's
death?
W: I've never officially said that he's died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead.
I think probably rather than being yelled at for killing
Spike
, I think ... people are more upset that I might
make a continuation.
http://mrsspooky.net/bebop/TheDailyTexan.pdf

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah I thought he said something like that. Also goddammit people that might be one of the best known anime plot twists in existence but please mark it, there may actually be one or two sad motherfuckers who still haven't seen the anime and might want to.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm not doing shit. Anyone on this site that loves anime has already seen Bebop.

You can spoiler shit if you want, I ain't.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
dude that is on par with Aerith's death and almost as old. Either you know it or you don't.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
My idea is that
Spike isn't dead, but he's not exactly alive, either. Sort of in an eternal living purgatory. The universe won't let him die.
That is, of course, based entirely on a sense of schadenfreude.

Also, while we're spoilerizing shit- Ed is
a girl.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
dude that is on par with Aerith's death and almost as old. Either you know it or you don't.

Yeah it's goddamn ridiculous.

Spike love Julia and was totally Tsundere for Faye

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
For a while I've been wanting more Birdy the Mighty after the OVA, but then the reboot Birdy Decode came out and I just couldn't get into it anymore when they changed a lot of things.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
For a while I've been wanting more Birdy the Mighty after the OVA, but then the reboot Birdy Decode came out and I just couldn't get into it anymore when they changed a lot of things.

You should read Birdy the Mighty II.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
THEY MADE MR. POPO BLUE. >8U

It's like a huge troll imo, for them to make the super well animated ova and opening, and we get the show which doesn't look half as good most of the time.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
YYH doesn't need a reboot, but fuck I'd love to see more.

Same with Outlaw Star, although I'd LOVE to see a new adventure with the crew after the events of the first.

also, I think that stuff like the Bebop movie would be okay, because it was an entirely new story that kept with the telling of the original, but looking "fresher" or whatever.

btw if you haven't seen Bebop gtfo

but I'd love to see a Samurai Deeper Kyo anime that doesn't...y'know, make me want to kill myself for ever watching it. Lots of anime don't follow the manga's plot to the letter, but what they did to SDK was just fucking atrocious.

tldr: adapt sdk manga to anime thanks

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Regardless of artistic integrity and all of that stuff, Bebop already had a pretty solid budget in its first run. If they were going to do this do it to shows that got gipped in that department.

That said, while I know Gundam Wing was relatively well funded, it would be cool to see it in the great animation that Gundam Seed got. Then we could look at eye candy without the shitty characters.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
would be cool to see it in the great animation that Gundam Seed got

lolwut

Gundam seed has some of the shittest looking characters, and if I remember correctly it abused 3d models often.

No thanks. Gundam 00 has some awesome animation however.

Top Bottom