What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'll make track suggestions wicba :monster:

Iskra - Antisect

Blackened crust group from Canada again. This isn't my first time listening to them. The last time I tried their stuff I didn't really like it much; the vocals are rough even for black metal, the production is poor quality and there's not a lot of breathing room in the songs. However, this time around I'm enjoying it quite a lot more, because they pummel the listener with killer riff after killer riff to the point where it's worth listening for the guitar work alone. I do wish the recording had more breathing room, but ehh. Maybe I'll be arsed to download the vinyl rip from Waffles; something tells me that probably sounds better.

The sixth track on this album appears to be a cover of Bob Dylan's "Masters of War," since no lyrics are included, but the song is virtually unrecognisable.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
I'll make track suggestions wicba :monster:

Iskra - Antisect

Blackened crust group from Canada again. This isn't my first time listening to them. The last time I tried their stuff I didn't really like it much; the vocals are rough even for black metal, the production is poor quality and there's not a lot of breathing room in the songs. However, this time around I'm enjoying it quite a lot more, because they pummel the listener with killer riff after killer riff to the point where it's worth listening for the guitar work alone. I do wish the recording had more breathing room, but ehh. Maybe I'll be arsed to download the vinyl rip from Waffles; something tells me that probably sounds better.

The sixth track on this album appears to be a cover of Bob Dylan's "Masters of War," since no lyrics are included, but the song is virtually unrecognisable.

Aww thanks. You're too sweet.

Everlong -- Foo Fighters

It's easily one of my favorite songs from their older material. We've got a typical grungy style here: gritty guitar riffs gives this song a beautifully raw sort of quality. Grohl's vocals are admirable at best. It's soft enough towards the beginning but during the progressive build-ups, it becomes raspier so it's tinged with frustration almost. All in all the sound quality is amazing even on my shitty old speakers . It's a great song from a pretty old album and it's aged very well over the past decade or so.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Monkey Wrench -- Foo Fighters

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Electric Funeral -- Black Sabbath

Pretty badass song, if I do say so myself. :awesome:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Generator -- Foo Fighters

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Sweet Leaf -- Black Sabbath

omgz! Heavy metal~! :desu:

:headbang:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Black Kronstadt - N.A.S.T.A.

Reminds me of Crass with black metal influence.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Embryo -- Black Sabbath

. . . and moar freaking lovely thunderstorms in the middle of freaking summer when it's like 80-something degrees out. Jesus. H. Freaking. Christ. :@

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Vomit the Soul - Prototypes of Values Incarnation

Whoa not bad at all. Saw them live once and was terribly unimpressed.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
ColdWorld - Winterreise

excellent ambient/black metal stuff. This guy could do an album full of ambient stuff and I'd listen to it, which is pretty rare amongst black metal musicians. The only other one I can think of where I'd say that is Paysage d'Hiver/Darkspace but I might even like this better.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Someday One Day -- BoA

Cutesy K-pop for the obssessive crazy fangirl in every 16-year-old female Japanophile's heart. Note that I'm so not one of them *cough cough*. Er yeah BoA sounds cool here, as in, she could totally do K-Urban music and stuff. :desu:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Insidious Decrepancy - Contemptuous Inceptions

Sounds solid. Whitaker's an awesome dude as well. Great guy to party along with. Should tour the Netherlands again.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Embryo -- Black Sabbath

It's nice to listen to when you're just kicking back without a care in the world. It's amazing how it sounds close to the Blues, though I suppose that some of that leaked in due to their earlier origins as an almost-Blues rock band.

Last edited:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
More cutesy K-pop girliness. :desu:

Milky Way -- BoA

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
Not Sure - guess the movie.
Yeha Noha, by Scared Spirit. (pronounced, I do believe, like Yena-Nona.)

Great song. It was sung to the ones (their tribe) that encountered ghosts or evil spirits. Its a war song.
:geek:

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial][SIZE=-1]
AH-UH NAYAH OH-WA OH-WA
SHON-DAY OH-WA OH-WA
SHON-DAY CAN-NON NON NOHA (NOHA)

AH-UH NAYAH OH-WA OH-WA
SHON-DAY OH-WA OH-WA
SHON-DAY YEHA-NOHA (NOHA)

AH-UH NAYAY TOR-SHNA NENA-NAY-YAYAH
NENA-NAY-YAY YEHA-NOHA (NOHA)
YEHA-NOHA (NOHA)

NEE-YOH-WAH NEE-YOH
NEE-YOH-WAH NEE-YOH

AH-UH NAYAH OH-WA OH-WA
SHON-DAY OH-WA OH-WA
SHON-DAY CAN-NON NON NOHA (NOHA)

AH-UH NAYAH OH-WA OH-WA
SHON-DAY OH-WA OH-WA
SHON-DAY YEHA-NOHA (NOHA)

NENA-NAY-YAY YEHA-NOHA (NOHA)
YEHA-NOHA (NOHA) [/SIZE][/FONT]

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
I Am A Robot -- 65days ofstatic

I think it's going to be going into my soundtrack for my zombie!apocalypse story on Fictionpress. :awesome:

It totally fits . . .

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
I just bought Tool's Lateralus, and have been listening to the whole record for a few days now. Relistening to certain songs, and I still haven't finished yet. I'm really trying to let it soak in.

I also special ordered Mad Season's album Above, which should be coming in a few days. Plan to pick that up soon.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Retreat!Retreat! -- 65daysofstatic

Moar suitable songs for my zombie!apocalypse FP story, yay! :D

Top Bottom