CK, 2D, wanker
Arms
Genghis Tron

RAAAR RAAR *beep boop* RAAAR RAAAAAAR

That's all i'm hearing atm. :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Amy MacDonald - "This Pretty Face"

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
"SHIBUYA" - Takeharu Ishimoto, It's A Wonderful World OST

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
@Jochim that’s true, I hadn’t noticed the download finished but it has. I’ll put it on my iPod for listening tomorrow :monster:

Mirrorthrone - Une existence dont plus personne ne jouit

why the fuck do artists do these shitty compressed-to-eleven brickwall mixes. This album has almost everything I like in music but listening to mixes with this much volume compression gives me headaches lately. Seriously if you look at the wave form of his albums zoomed out in Audacity it’s a complete brick wall with the exceptions of the beginning and ending of each song; no dynamic range whatsoever. Which is stupid because as much as he’s obviously studied classical composition he should realise how much effect dynamics have on a song.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Petrychor - Dryad (I Make My Home)

one advantage of clipped mixes over mixes that are brickwalled with other forms of volume compression is that you can use Audacity's Clip Fix to make them sound credibly less compressed. Mixes that are just brickwalled don't recover much dynamic range from Clip Fix (although typically they still recover a little), but clipped mixes recover considerably more.

Which I need to do with this EP now. It's still awesome. I need to pay this guy to contribute to him getting a better mix for the album.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Corrupted & Asunder - Corrupted Asunder KFJC Nov 7 2008

95-minute eargasm

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Van Der Graaf generator - Undercover Man

I need to get the original pressing someday, the remastered Godbluff is godawful. (dont complain that much about clipping in general but it's bothering the fuck out me here)

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
if you want I can attempt to use Audacity's Clip Fix and see if it sounds better

Fauna - Feathainne

new song/album, pretty impressed. I'm not sure if the spelling discrepancy from their neofolk project is correct though; the neofolk project is Fearthainne.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
I know someone who confirmed the original sounds better. I'm not a fan of remasters anyhow. Maybe I've heard too many fucked up remasters, but I havent heard many which were an actual improvement.

Autopsy - Service For A Vacant Coffin

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
There are some good remasters. Both sets of Yes remasters I've heard (the mid-'90s and the 2003 ones) were good, as were the Genesis "Definitive Edition Remasters" (the more recent Genesis remasters were shit though).

Skagos - ...With a Warm Recollection

finally got a copy of the CD audio so I'm listening to it, though what I really want to hear is the forthcoming vinyl. also finish An-archic gods damn it

Top Bottom