AKA
The Man, V
Grateful Dead - [Dick's Picks, Volume 4 CD3 #04] Not Fade Away [13:56]

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Van Morrison - [Tupelo Honey #01] Wild Night [3:33]

I don't really get why Van doesn't like this album and His Band and the Street Choir much. Well, I guess I can kind of get it for Street Choir because apparently there was a lot of executive meddling with that album, and what was released doesn't necessarily reflect what he would have put out if he had been in full control of the final product, but I haven't been able to find many reports of such with this album. I guess in comparison to stuff like Astral Weeks, Moondance, and Saint Dominic's Preview, some of the material on this album seems a bit slight, but there are still a lot of unqualified masterpieces on it, particularly the title track and "Moonshine Whiskey". And, of course, this song.

On an unrelated note, I wish what people said about music influencing their mood was true for me. A lot of Morrison's music is absolutely joyous but I'm still as miserably depressed as I usually am, no matter how much I might enjoy the music. :sadpanda:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Moonsorrow - Muinaiset

Not their best or most prolific album, and it has its weirdness and whatnot (I'm sure someone that knows something about music can describe it better), but still enjoyable to listen to, :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
yeah, the whole album is great, as is the follow-up

The Allman Brothers Band - [The Allman Brothers Band #06] Dreams [7:21]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Botanist - [III: Doom in Bloom/Allies #05] Ocimum Sanctum [12:08]

There almost certainly isn't anything else in existence that sounds like Botanist. It must have taken a truly twisted mind to decide to make metal out of hammered dulcimer and drums, but after hearing it I can only wonder why it hadn't been done before. Better yet, his albums don't even sound particularly similar to each other - the his first release is savage black metal, this one is sombre doom metal. They're both excellent, although my initial reaction is that this one may be even better than the previous one. Can't wait for the next two albums.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Grateful Dead - [1977/05/08 Barton Hall, Cornell University Ithaca, NY #13] Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain [25:56]

oh god the soundboard is so much better than that crappy audience recording I had before. It sounds like you're right there in the audience. I can now see why this show gets so much praise.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It seems like it should be ridiculous but it works surprisingly well. At least for me it does.

Grateful Dead - [1970/02/13 Fillmore East - New York, NY #15] Smokestack Lightnin' [23:40]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Grateful Dead - [Workingman's Dead #06] Black Peter [5:42]

The pain in Jerry's voice on this recording is almost unbearable.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Ruins of Beverast - [Foulest Semen of a Sheltered Elite #07] The Restless Mills [12:00]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Stooges - [Raw Power #04] Penetration [3:43]

Whoa, the 2012 vinyl remaster of Iggy's mix is a revelation. Album should have sounded like this from the start.

Top Bottom