What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
That's why I went for the 7LP box with the 60-page psalter :monster:

Anyway, did you enjoy the music at least? Would be nice to have a FLAC rip too; it doesn't appear anyone has supplied one yet :(

Audioslave - Getaway Car

shut up it's a guilty pleasure :monster:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
That 7LP box set is such a fail after first releasing a 5LP box set. God underground metal can be so commercial for the idiot 'record collector'. In the end it will always end up on Ebay for insane prices later on when OOP.

yeah I liked it on first listen, and yeah my CD sounds just fine. Could possibly rip... but 10 bucks for an excellent EP isn't really THAT much expensive, ya know.

Hellhammer - Eurynomos

Fuck yeah Hellhammer

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It may be a shameless cash grab but at $111 it's a pretty inexpensive one considering it's a 7LP box. They could easily have charged twice as much for it and still sold out of them. :monster: In fact it was cheaper than the maudlin of the Well box set, which was only a 4LP + 7". In my case it was a pretty logical purchase considering I only had one of the albums on vinyl and acquiring them this way was actually cheaper than purchasing the others separately would have been :monster:

But yeah I'd probably order the CD if I weren't so into LPs these days. I almost sprung for the LP version as soon as it was announced but I'm glad I waited because I'd rather have the box. If that makes me a shameless consumer whore then whatever :monster: I'm not really planning on hawking any of my collection on eBay either. I like having the physical copies. Especially with LPs, where the artwork is generally beautiful.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Sonic Youth - Incinerate

Lex

Administrator
Sonic Generations - Chemical Plant Zone <3

EDIT: And now, Crisis City (Classic). I love this soundtrack.

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Braid - The New Nathan Detroits

Spend all evening chilling with 4 cans of cider, languishing in the dying sunlight and listening to mid-90s emo? Check. This is happening.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Joan of Arc - The Title Track of This Album

This is before Tim Kinsella went totally nuts. The latest Joan of Arc album was the result of two weeks isolated meditation on top of a pinecone.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Joan of Arc - Dinosaur Constellations

More enjoyable and less esoteric. In Rape Fantasy and Terror Sex We Trust might be Joan of Arc's most accessible record.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Pink Floyd - [The Dark Side of the Moon (Immersion Box Set) CD2 #02] Breathe (Live at Wembley 1974) [2:51]

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Joan of Arc - Questioning Benjamin Franklin's Ghost

In about an hour's time I reckon I'll have gotten tired of this band's sprawling experimentation and utter contempt for song structure. Catchy tho.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Red Hot Chili Peppers - [Californication (unmastered) #14] Scar Tissue [3:44]

Out of curiosity I tried clip fixing the original CD mix to see if I could make it worth listening to. It was unsalvageable. Thank gods the unmastered version exists.

Seriously, I think the only CD I have ever heard that sounds worse is Iggy Pop's Raw Power "remaster". At least the record company eventually released a good sounding vinyl version of that though. The only way to appreciate this album is via piracy.

Top Bottom