What are you listening to?

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju

too dang short :(

HOLY COW I HAD NO IDEA HANS ZIMMERMAN MADE THIS!

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah. Their previous collab was pretty cool as I remember it. I also liked Sunn O)))'s collab with Merzbow.

I need more Krautrock. What are the essential Faust albums besides this one? Also what are other essential bands besides Can, Amon Düül II, Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk?

Still same track as above.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
I haven't been digging that much into Faust discography tbh. I should do that. Some essential Krautrock bands to me would include Ash Ra Tempel, Popol Vuh, Agitation Free, Guru Guru, Neu!/La Dusseldorf/Harmonia. I find kluster/Cluster somewhat overrated. Neu! too, but I dig their third album and their side projects.

Tribulation - Vagina Dentata

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Cheers, will give most/all of those a listen soon. Should I just go by Progarchives consensus for best albums or do you have specific album recommendations?

Can - [Tago Mago #01] Paperhouse [7:31]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Well in case of Popol Vuh yuou could watch some classic Werner Herzog films and see how you like the soundtrack. But indeed you could go to progarchives to see what their classics are.

Tribulation - Wanderer In the Outer Darkness

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Oh, had no idea Popul Vuh did some Herzog soundtracks. I definitely need to watch some of his films.

Can - [Tago Mago #02] Mushroom [4:02]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Some? They are famous for those. But In Der Garten Des Pharaos and Hosianna Mantra are AMAZING non soundtrack albums, if you like the relaxing, psychedelic side of Krautrock. Speaking of Krautrock soundtracks, Can did an awesome soundtrack for the fantastic British coming of age film Deep End. I highly recommend the film.

Defeated Sanity - Naraka

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Will definitely look into all of those, cheers

Robert Wyatt - [Rock Bottom #01] Sea Song [6:31]

Can't get this song out of my head. Love the lyrics in particular but the whole thing is marvellous.

Last edited:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Shame I havn't even heard any Robert Wyatt's stuff, even though I love early Soft Machine.

Premiata Forneria Marconi - L'isola Di Nienti

This tune has such an eerie, weird and otherworldish atmosphere I haven't felt in any other of their songs.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Shame I havn't even heard any Robert Wyatt's stuff, even though I love early Soft Machine.

Premiata Forneria Marconi - L'isola Di Nienti

This tune has such an eerie, weird and otherworldish atmosphere I haven't felt in any other of their songs.

I haven't heard any of his albums but Rock Bottom but that album is a masterpiece.

高円寺百景 - [Angherr Shisspa #08] Wammilica Iffirom [8:39]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Inquisition - [Obscure Verses for the Multiverse #01] Force of the Floating Tomb [4:38]

holy shit, a modern black metal album that isn't brickwalled to death on CD? Awesome.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Ehh, I don´t agree but I like the album well enough. Not one of their strongest works.

Suffocation - Inversion

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Omen - Deathrider

So great. There's a huge difference beteen the ballsy, raw US Power Metal and the cheesy clean Euro Power Metal scenes.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Ehh, I don´t agree but I like the album well enough. Not one of their strongest works.

Suffocation - Inversion

In terms of quality it's pretty middling by Inquisition's standards (solid album, but not their best), but the production is jaw-dropping. Then again Inquisition have never brickwalled their albums so it's not a huge surprise.

And yeah, I agree from what I've heard: USPM > EPM.

Soft Machine - [Third #01] Facelift [18:45]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Carcass - Mount Of Execution

I like it, Don't get all the hate, seems more like of a it's uncool to like the comeback album of an important classic band thing. It's solid as fuck.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Frank Zappa - [Läther CD2 #04] Punky's Whips [11:07]

In today's rapidly changing world, musical groups appear almost every day with some new promotional device. Some of these devices have been known to leave irreparable scars on the minds of foolish young consumers. One such case is seated before you, live on stage. Yes, Terry Bozzio, that cute little drummer... Terry recently felt in love with a publicity photo of a boy named Punky Meadows, lead guitar player from a group called ANGEL. In the photo, Punky was seen with a beautiful shiny hairdo in a semi-profile which emphasized the pooched out succulence of his insolent pouting rictus, the sight of which drove the helpless drummer mad with desire!

Top Bottom