What are your favorite moves, visually, in the game?

furOrange

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Some of the moves are so gorgeous slowing down, mine are definitely Tifa's Starshower because it's so badass. Second favorite is perhaps Aerith's Lucious Shield, probably not the first thing that comes to mind, but the falling petals remind me of Final Fantasy 8 opening sequence some how.

Captured here together:
Would love to hear your thoughts.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I think these moves are pretty sick

But really though, I think Tifa's star shower is pretty cool, Barrett's maximum anger is gratifying in a very primal sort of way (he shoot real good) and if I can include limit breaks, ascension makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Every limit break is a work of CGI beauty and I can't believe I'm still getting wow'd at them in 2020.

I'm impressed, didn't think seeing Cross-Slash, Somersault, Dolphin Blow, etc would still look so fucking good.

Sephiroth when he performs Octoslash is so fucking badass it hurts. The wind chime sound effect when he takes his stance, the close up, his dialogue, and then just... The carnage. The move is appropriately dramatic in reference to it's lethality. Loved it.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Rufus' moves were rad enough that I think there should be a Rufus Mode in the game

e56405f388e791d8d1bd487e5c6bef404100d522.gifv

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Great topic! Combat is the thing in this game I love without any controversy, hesitation, or cynicism. Love love love.

Cloud: My favorite moves of Cloud's are just his basic attacks, particularly the penultimate swing of his full Operator Mode combo (the one where the heavy sword makes him 180 before throwing his whole weight into it).

Barret: Nothing beats Overcharge for me. Boom-boom-boom-boom----BOOOM!

Tifa: I love Rise and Fall. There's something so graceful about it. It actually took me a long time to realize that Tifa's triangle moves increase the Stagger %, because I was so focused on building them up and lettin' er rip. Omnistrike is also pretty.... striking :P As with overcharge, the play between pause and action, tableau and movement, is mesmerizing. Having Tifa shoulder-check an entire mob of enemies to death is lmao. The sound samples of Tifa's moves are also all great - I particularly love the machine-gun pop of Overpower.

Aeris: I honestly didn't really use Aeris that much. I didn't like her flower spells nor the tinkerbell, nor her triangle ability. I found them useful in Hard Mode, but I didn't use them once in Normal and am still not a fan. I mostly used her as a mage/thief, so I guess my favorite move of hers is Steal. The way she grabs objects out of the air is pretty cool. I like her basic attacks as well.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Starshower.
Ok, not a very original pick - overall I find Tifa's moveset to be the most spectacular, especially when being able to quickly combo between different moves (say Overpower - Rise&Fall - Starshower, for instance).
That being said, for visually appealing moves, I'd like to mention:
- Cloud's Blade Burst
- Barret's "Overrun" when using a melee weapon is getting comical-badass when you use it against a huge boss (say, Abzu or Type-0 Behemot) as you charge against them and topple them over!
- I really like Aerith's Sorcerous Storm. The explosion of sparks and lightning from it is amazing, there's so much energy unleashed.

Top Bottom