What makes you enjoy FFX?

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Lulu's boobs. Those balloons hit my teenage self like lightning. It was hard to play the game though, when the other hand escaped far too easily to my crotch.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I forgot all other titles after lacked Nabou Uematsu. He's definitely a defining feature in an FF Game, not chocobos or moogles. He is as much an auteur of the games as the scenario writer or director.

Well that clears something up for me. Until there is a reunion between the creative powers which made the earlier titles. Every game past X isn't a canon part of the FF collection.

Seriously?

Novus

Pro Adventurer
Seriously?

For me, yes.

I've been disappointed with every title after, I've tricked myself into thinking at times the quality has been acceptable but I'm getting more enjoyment watching streams of the older games than playing the newer ones. I'm watching one of IX as we speak (type). The latter titles are if Newline Cinema fired Peter Jackson and allowed Michael Bay to take over; somewhere along the line they abandoned ship.
If you mean serious, as in the composer being as much an auteur as the screenwriter, well yes, for me its about how the game is executed as much as the world building that takes place. It isn't as if he was a one time composer, he was around from the beginning and his music heavily assisted the development of the series.

Perhaps the percentage of involvement isn't so high as to consider it another series, but Uematsu's resignation allows me to draw a line in the dirt in regards to my personal canon.

Last edited:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I loved X-2, its entire point was to be light hearted and I'm clueless to why people would want that boring X yuna back.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Weirdly, FFX lacked some of the magic of other installments for me. Maybe it's just that I played it much later than 7, 8, 9, 12, and 13, but it just didn't seem to hit me as hard. I got spoiled on a few things, like Auron's true nature, but mostly went into it cold. Of course, by then I'd played quite a few other things and knew automatically not

to trust major religious figures, as 9 times in 10 they're the villains where they feature heavily.

Tidus I have no strong feelings about, the only annoying thing was the constant 'this is my story' when it's Yuna's pilgrimage, Yuna's decisions, Yuna's opposition that make the game. Most of the twists I figured out well in advance, again, that could be because I played other, similar plots so it wasn't as fresh as it might otherwise have been. The whole
Sin is Jecht
reveal was underwhelming, because it didn't seem to have much impact on the story. If it had been someone else, the protagonists would not really act much differently, they'd still want to destroy Sin, right? Tidus might have a few less internal monologues, but what else would change? It didn't seem to have as much impact as the game was hanging on it. Nor did
the true nature of the pilgrimage
because I had figured that out about three hours before the game told me.

I don't know, maybe it would have been better if I played it sooner, but FFX just didn't sparkle for me they way some other games did.

Jiggle Tifa

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I have not read a single post here yet because I just started playing Final Fantasy X for the first time. I'm about 10 hours into the game, beat the chocobo boss a little bit ago.

I'm playing FFX-X-2 HD Remaster (PS3).

First impressions of Final Fantasy X:

1) I'm not really enjoying the storyline so far. I think Sin is a mundane antagonist that doesn't inspire me to defeat it.

2) The voice acting really, really sucks. Especially anything Tidus and Yuna say.

3) My favorite character so far is Wakka.

4) The music is beautiful, especially the music on Beseid Island.

5) Very pretty graphics!

6) The grid system really sucks.

7) No world map?!

I will check back on this thread after I beat X. I don't want to come across any spoilers! :)

Lord Kesharq

Late night user(coffee!)
AKA
Lostlord, Lewisito
Hmm .. the music is beautiful, hell amazing all though the game? The very pretty graphics which were the best in a FF to date when it came out? The cool bad guys? Yuna is cute? lol yeah

Top Bottom