What'd I miss?

e.suna

little nerdling
So, yesterday I bought a PS3. I recognize I am very late to the party, but until recently I've been a destitute college student who didn't have the time for video games. As a result, I'm way out of the loop. :(

This is the first time I'm not getting a game system just to play the newest FF game...from what people have said about it, I'm not sure I want FFXIII. There are some other games I've heard of that sound kind of cool, like Assassin's Creed, and I definitely want to check out the Batman titles. But other than that, I'm at a loss and don't really know what I'm talking about.

What I want to know is, what do you recommend? What are some really great games you have played on this system?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Infamous are all good choices. Dragon Age is fun too if you're into that. Ninja Gaiden Sigmas. Heavy Rain is fun, but it's less of a video game and more like an interactive movie.

Ghost X

Depends what you like. I think Metal Gear Solid 4 (especially its online counterpart) is the best thing since sliced bread. Little Big Planet kept me entertained for a while, though I'm not buying the sequel, but I'm guessing its probably of the same quality.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. Definitely one of the more underappreciated game, excellent voice acting/characters, solid story, beautiful graphics, and the combat is fun if you're okay with just smashing your way through hordes of enemies.

And for whatever it's worth I really enjoyed FFXIII, even if it's not nearly the best game in the series. The characters and the combat system made up for its flaws. Plus, lesbians.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Depends what you like. I think Metal Gear Solid 4 (especially its online counterpart) is the best thing since sliced bread.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

MGS4 is awful and the online mode which could have been fantastic is hampered by terrible handle on part of Konami.

Dues Ex is awesome though, check it out. What games do you like?

Sesc

Audiophile
And for whatever it's worth I really enjoyed FFXIII, even if it's not nearly the best game in the series. The characters and the combat system made up for its flaws. Plus, lesbians.

I couldn't have worded it any better.

I don't have many PS3 games, but the games I've enjoyed are: Assassins Creed, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Dues Ex, Mortal Kombat, FIFA...

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I think a lot of people these days mistake "mediocre" for "bad, crap, shit," etc.

To me both Metal Gear Solid 4 and FFXIII were definitely worth at least the one playthrough, :monster: I wouldn't say they were definite keepers on the PS3, but I don't think you're going to feel as bad after playing through them, unlike what some people on these forums would have you believe.

There is a lot of garbage out there, though, the same for all consoles. I suppose you'd have to ask around like you are now lol. A good deal of multiplatformers would be fairly safe, too, as a rule of thumb :monster:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
The Yakuza series is probably the only other exclusive worth playing oh and Killzone 2 and 3. :monster:. But if you don't have a 360 there's a shitload of other games you need to play. :P

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
To me both Metal Gear Solid 4 and FFXIII were definitely worth at least the one playthrough, :monster: I wouldn't say they were definite keepers on the PS3, but I don't think you're going to feel as bad after playing through them, unlike what some people on these forums would have you believe.

Who are you to say how anyone will feel after playing anything.

The best for any title you're unsure of is a rent.

Ghost X

^Its perfectly okay to call a game awful, after wanton laughter, but if another person says they reckon OP won't feel bad for playing these games, that's a big OH HELL NO to you? Interesting.

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
Uncharted is a title pretty much any PS3 owner should play at least once. Fantastic art in that game. The gameplay itself is usually fun, with the exception of the hordes of soldiers.
I liked the second Uncharted far more (despite still having a fuck ton of enemies.)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Who are you to say how anyone will feel after playing anything.

The best for any title you're unsure of is a rent.

It was a bit of a projection, I admit it, but my general point is that it isn't as bad as people make it out to be :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
^Its perfectly okay to call a game awful, after wanton laughter, but if another person says they reckon OP won't feel bad for playing these games, that's a big OH HELL NO to you? Interesting.

Calling the game awful is my opinion durr.

Never said anyone couldn't hold another opinion, or that mine was the "right" one. Hell, I didn't even hate ALL of MGS, just most of it.

Go fishing elsewhere plz.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Well what genre of games are you into ? Are you into RPGS, JRPGS, Fighting, war, sports ?

If you like racing, Grand Turismo 5 is good, Infamous 1 & 2 are good if you like sandbox games, Catherine is great if you like puzzle games. Portal 2, Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2 , Castlevania, Little big Planet. Those titles are pretty poplaur and have alot of fans. (:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
If you're looking for good RPGS, then you won't go wrong with the Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and Demon's Souls.

Even *I* bought FFXIII, but for no more than a fiver.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
oh, and FFXIV comes out early next year.

c'mon, don't hate! :awesomonster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
If you like fighters, get Tekken 6, SF vs Tekken, SF VI (whatever the fuck edition's out there currently), BlazBlue: continuum shift 2 and MvC3.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
oh also

ico/shadow of the colossus hd pack

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
And the new game by Project Ico about a boy and his giant bird...dinosaur thing?

Top Bottom