Who is your fav. character in AC?

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
The only thing wrong with Tifa's looks is the fact that she looks asian when she didn't in the original game. Nothing wrong with it but it doesn't make sense how she could have a change in appearance like that. She looks sort of like Rinoa and she looks very asian.

That's because the AC team modelled Tifa's face partly of off Ayumi Ito's who is her Japanese voice actress. But in comparison, Tifa still looks way more Western in terms of her face, body and nose shape.

Venice+Mostra+2B-m4sDc71Ql.jpg

~Ayumi Ito~

Tifa looks like a lot of mixed European-Japanese/Chinese kids I know - very, very beautiful!
Mixed marriages: the future of the human race.
Anywho, love Tifa, Cloud, Reno, Kadaj.... hell, love them all; the whole damn thing is perfect. I particularly enjoyed the new, expanded, improved Rufus, who actually makes sense in ACC. Loved Tseng's extra scenes, such as they were, too.

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
omg tifa is my fav by far, tht fight scene with Loz i must re-watched like 10 times before moving on to other parts of the movie..god i dont wanna pick a fight with tifa, then ill see her put on her gloves and kick me into a table -.-
but anywayz i think she loks the cutest when she looks over to cloud after she says that they arent a real family and cloud says he thinks they are, or when she watches him fly up to fight bahamut, tifa is so pretty ^^

paoo

♥
I think she looks really cute when she smiles at Cloud from Shera, after he had defeated Sephiroth. :3

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
From AC, and even more in ACC, Rufus is by far my favorite character.

One - he survived the attack from Diamond WEAPON, and is then suffering through Geostigma on a fairly significant scale, to the point where he's mostly confined to a wheelchair, but maintains his calm.
Two - he's smart enough to anticipate Sephiroth's / the Remnant's tactics before they make their moves, and determine what's causing everything.
Three - his counter wordplay with Kadaj on top of the tower is un-matched.
Four - he lies to Kadaj at point blank, even with Tseng & Elena at stake, and only barely twitches. He even holds out when Kadaj unleashes Bahamut SIN, because he knows that that's better than allowing him to have it. When he does reveal that he's had Jenova's head the whole time, he mocks Kadaj, throws it off a building, follows it off, and shoots it.

X :neo:

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Tifa. For one I love her all over and her role in this was just as fantastic as ever. She was more beautiful then I could ever imagine with a fabulous outfit to compliment. She plays the role of a gentle mother, caring friend/girlfriend, and the bad ass fighter we have always known. Aerith may have won if she had more scenes, but no Tifa has stolen my heart for AC. <3

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Thread title fixx'd because the characters are people, not things. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
That's because the AC team modelled Tifa's face partly of off Ayumi Ito's who is her Japanese voice actress. But in comparison, Tifa still looks way more Western in terms of her face, body and nose shape.

I don't recall them saying that anywhere.

Tbh a lot of them look asian like Reno, Sephiroth, Cloud, hell even Rufus looks a little asian.

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
That's because the AC team modelled Tifa's face partly of off Ayumi Ito's who is her Japanese voice actress.

I don't recall them saying that anywhere.

That's probably because it's in the Reunion Files. :geek:

After establishing the essence of Tifa's 3D model quite quickly, we had a hard time agreeing on the fine details. At times we wanted her to look stricter, while at other times we wanted a bit more compassion in her eyes. But then we thought she wouldn't balance well with Cloud's character. This sort of thing went on and on, but when Ms. Ito was selected as a voice actor for Tifa, we took a lot of traits from her and blended them into Tifa's final appearance.(Nomura)

That's located on the second paragraph on this page:
http://gallery.digik.net/view/25729

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
That doesn't mean she was based off her at all.

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Doesn't it mean that they modeled Tifa's face partly off of Ayumi Ito's? That's what I thought they meant by "taking a lot of her traits and blending them into Tifa's final appearance".

:/ Ok though.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
No, it says they had her 3d model roughed out, and they took features from Ito and merged them with what they already had.

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Well, yeah. I didn't think that they designed her after Ito from the beginning. Just that her looks had some influence on the final product that we see in AC/ACC.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
That's what the other one seemed to be implying is what I meant.

Mako_Insanity

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Crazed Advent Children... thing.
Naw... Gotta be Kadaj for me. Obviously. >8D & his brothers. ^^
But, I'd probably choose Tifa as well. & Cloud. & the Turks >.>
All of them. xD
I can't stand Aerith though. Whineyassbeeatch.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I can't stand Aerith though. Whineyassbeeatch.
You thought Aerith was whiny in the movie specifically, or you played some FFVII game and felt she was whiny? I never go the impression she was whiny, so I'd love to know how you came up with that interpretation.

Mako_Insanity

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Crazed Advent Children... thing.
I just thought she was whiney in the movie.

-shrugs-

No biggie; I just don't like her much.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Aerith had a handful of lines in the movie, and I can't see how any of them could possible be seen as whiny. wtf?

She was the victim of bad voice-acting in the English version, though.

Top Bottom