Why aren't you watching Redline yet?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Madhouse Studio's latest (to my knowledge) release is an insane two hour masterpiece.
From start to finish, it's full of over the top crazy action, with a few breaks so you can take a breather and they can move a plot along as well.

The plot of the movie- 'Sweet' JP, the most pompadour'd man in all creation races cars for a living. He's one race away from qualifying for the most epic race of all, the Redline race, held once every five years on a random planet.
He crashes. He's out. His chance is blown. But because the redline's being held on a military world- against that planet's wishes- two people drop out. He's the winner of a popular vote to replace one of them. He gets his chance. Our movie begins in earnest.
We meet all the racers, from long term champ Machine head Tetsujin, to Jpop idol pastiches 'Super Boin' to 'Cherry Boy Hunter' Sonoshee, a gal JP's had a crush on for ages, and his inspiration for getting into races in the first place.

It's insane. It's beautiful, and it's subbed, with an official release soon.

While the trailer is selling you a line as all trailers do, it is indicative of the level of insane action the film definitely delivers on.
Now go watch it, damn you all.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I showed this 3-4 months ago and all you guys could think was:

LOL FUCKING ANIME MADE WACKY RACES :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Incidentally, that was basically our reactions to Redline, too, since that basically was just fucking anime made wacky races, :awesome:

One of my old high school friends watched it and thought it was great, but could be better.

Ghost X

Looks okay-ish, reminds me a bit of Aeon Flux as far as style is concerned. Directed by Peter Chung by chance? His filmography suggests not :P. Surely an influence at least anyway. My only major critique of this little piece of footage is that it seems to be really fast and full on. Too much shit happening at the same time. I might enjoy this if I were on speed, or something.

Sesc

Audiophile
Hmm, I watched it last year at the cinemas along with Evangelion 2.0. It was not too bad from what I remember of it; the animation was smex.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Looks okay-ish, reminds me a bit of Aeon Flux as far as style is concerned. Directed by Peter Chung by chance? His filmography suggests not :P. Surely an influence at least anyway. My only major critique of this little piece of footage is that it seems to be really fast and full on. Too much shit happening at the same time. I might enjoy this if I were on speed, or something.

It's fully enjoyable without speed, and does give you breaks to process things. The trailer is amazingly disjointed- it's a trailer, natch.

Hmm, I watched it last year at the cinemas along with Evangelion 2.0. It was not too bad from what I remember of it; the animation was smex.

Oh, it's quite smex.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Yeah so much for the fucking hype. Remind me never to make another thread for a movie like this again.

Edit: Ryu, nice eye for it though!

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
I watched it about a month and a half ago. It's a movie you don't take seriously and I enjoyed it by just doing that. Frisbee is voiced by the Japanese actor from Thor xD

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I watched it about a month and a half ago. It's a movie you don't take seriously and I enjoyed it by just doing that. Frisbee is voiced by the Japanese actor from Thor xD

Hogan voices one of the characters in this film?? Tadanobu Asano?

Top Bottom