Why Seph needs jenova's boddy as his avatar? how does it help him in any way? and one more question

Clive

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Ff7fan
1. I mean, why? if all he wanted was the black materia, why even bother to take her form throught the game? what's the purpose of that? he could just use cloud to bring him the black materia...

2. also why cloud even wanted to take the black materia? if he hadn't solved the puzzle, the black materia wouldn't have fallen into seph hands...

thanks!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
1. I mean, why? if all he wanted was the black materia, why even bother to take her form throught the game? what's the purpose of that? he could just use cloud to bring him the black materia...
Well having an avatar with which to interact with Cloud certainly helps in his manipulation. Also he did need that main part of Jenova's body to get to the Northern Crater for the Reunion/rebuilding his body.

2. also why cloud even wanted to take the black materia? if he hadn't solved the puzzle, the black materia wouldn't have fallen into seph hands...
As Cloud observes, Sephiroth could have always had one of his flunkies (i.e. the clones) go in and solve the puzzles and then take it. Indeed this would have been the smarter play on Sephiroth's part, but he really wanted to dominate Cloud into doing it because he's petty like that over getting killed :monster:

Elkazor

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cinder Wing
1. My theory on this is that if Seph had gone to get it with the Jenova avatar or had gotten one of his other black cloaked goons to get it, then the collapse of the Temple would have likely injured/sacrificed either his avatar or said goons. His goons and his avatar were all on the path of the Jenova Reunion, and both Seph and Jenova needed as many reunited cells as they could get for the Reunion. Manipulating Cloud's party into getting it instead means they wouldn't have to sacrifice perfectly good Jenova cell carriers for the Reunion. Not confirmed, but that's my theory.

Top Bottom