Wolverines [Marvel]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, this is just about the only thing that I'm interested in that's coming out of AXIS. Seriously, if you know the basic premise of AXIS, just go read #9, because it's a set up for this:
Sabretooth having been a good guy gets to look back at himself as a monster, and then after he gets flipped back to his old self, he's still left with the memory of what he was like working for good, and he's now of the mindset to try to find the "spirit of a Wolverine" in himself.
Of all the vacuums left by Logan's departure, this wasn't one that I was expecting, and it's one that I'm exceptionally excited about if it's anything at all like the bits of him from the end of AXIS.

Changing the status quo of a character seems to be a good hook for me apparently, since Cyclops got this with AvX and built up a lot from it, and now Death of Wolverine + AXIS seems to have set Sabretooth on an interesting path. None of the other Death of Logan spinoff comics really got me hooked, so it'll be interesting to see if this sticks.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Slight clarification: Creed wasn't reverted back to his old self. He's still a magically altered bad guy, same as Tony Stark and Havok are still magically altered good guys (now mostly bad). Tony protected himself from the reversion spell with some tech bubble, and Alex and Creed were within range of the bubble when it closed around Stark.

Anyway, "AXIS" was complete garbage. A repentant Sabretooth is a great idea, of course, and the heroic Sabretooth from "Age of Apocalypse" was one of the better aspects of what probably remains Marvel's best crossover event in its entire history. I'm not thrilled about how we got him, though.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Slight clarification: Creed wasn't reverted back to his old self. He's still a magically altered bad guy, same as Tony Stark and Havok are still magically altered good guys (now mostly bad). Tony protected himself from the reversion spell with some tech bubble, and Alex and Creed were within range of the bubble when it closed around Stark.

Anyway, "AXIS" was complete garbage. A repentant Sabretooth is a great idea, of course, and the heroic Sabretooth from "Age of Apocalypse" was one of the better aspects of what probably remains Marvel's best crossover event in its entire history. I'm not thrilled about how we got him, though.

Oh, so THAT'S how that worked.

I totally agree that AXIS was totally garbage, but I've got my finger crossed that this'll be something good to have come from it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, aside from Alisson Borges' art (showing up because of...?) on Pages 17 & 18, this issue was visually... really off. I really wish they'd had her do the whole thing, because it's the only time that anything in the issue visually matched the dark tone of the subject matter.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Thank fuck for having a new artist. I hate to bitch about that sort of thing, but the art actually matches the tone of the issue the way that #1 should have but COMPLETELY missed. The story seems interesting, and I'm still trying to be able to keep track of who's who with the new Weapon-X mutants (or Paradise folk or whatever they're called).

Top Bottom