• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

X's "The Potential Of ___ in the FFVII Remake:" Series.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
You may have noticed that I've actually been posting editorials again, or maybe you haven't and this post will let you know that yes, I have been writing & posting editorials again! :awesomonster:

Each one started off as a thread here, and grew into something bigger:

• The Potential Of: Disorienting Game Techniques in the FFVII Remake (4/23/2018)
- Frontpage Article
- Inspired by Forum Thread

• The Potential Of: Shinra’s Non-SOLDIER Experiments in the FFVII Remake (4/30/2018)
- Frontpage Article

• The Potential Of: Jenova & Horror in the FFVII Remake (5/7/2018)
- Frontpage Article

• The Potential Of: "Wacky & Whimsical" Vs. "Epic & Dark" in the FFVII Remake (5/14/2018)
- Frontpage Article
- Inspired by Forum Post

Upcoming:

• The Potential Of: Unique Character Combat in the FFVII Remake (Post-E3)
- Frontpage Article (in concept)

• The Potential Of: Scale & Big Boss Fights in the FFVII Remake (Post-E3)
- Frontpage Article (in concept)
-

Feel free to discuss any of them here if you like (the individual threads might be better for in-depth specific discussion), lemme know what you think of them and the idea of this as a series, and if there're any other topics that strike your fancy or seem like they might fit my style / tone.

EDIT: 5/10/2018

Wrapped most of the work on the next one, and I have the plan for my final one before E3. It'll likely be a two week gap after this next one, depending, since I'll be in Texas for 4 days next week, so I'm not sure if that means I'll be spending more time out and about, or have extra time at my hotel room typing away like a madman on my laptop.

After things in Final Fantasy XV and God of War, I'm heavily tempted to do one about the Midgar Zolom and talking about presentation of big boss fights and important moments of a sense of scale in the Remake, but I'll almost certainly hold off on that one until post-E3.

I wanna give some space to let E3 build up in case we get any hints of anything we can report on then, and if not maybe I'll take some extra time to coordinate with Chip on potentially converting these into YouTube stuff, or start in on more articles. I'm still open to suggestions on any topics if you fine folk have ideas or other bits of feedback!

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Update: The newest one is posted.

It is much more tl;dr than previous ones and is split into 3 pages as a result. The next one is planned to flow the same way, so that both of them will feel somewhat similar in the way that the first two did.

Lemme know what ya think, and if there're other thoughts or whatnot on formatting, suggestions, length, etc. etc. etc.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
I was surprised by the suggestion that the pools in Cave of the Gi might actually be blood! So I checked the game's code to see what they named the animation and they called it "yougan" (溶岩 -- lava).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Woah!! Thanks for digging that information up!! I had no idea it'd be stashed away somewhere. I shall definitely add that and credit you.

EDIT: Done

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm good to go on the next one for Monday, depending on how proofreading goes. I'm likely gonna skip the Monday the week after that because of traveling for work, and also my birthday being the week after meaning I'll possibly be busier than normal.

Posted up my next two ideas in the OP.

InterfaceLeader

Pro Adventurer
These have all been really interesting to read (though they are not helping me maintain patience when it comes to waiting for the remake)

The disparity between the weird quirky bits and the full-on drama are one of the reasons I love FF7, really hope they do it justice.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Hey, thanks! I'm glad that you're enjoying them, even if (like me), they just add to impatience to see the thing. Fingers crossed we get a hint of something at E3.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
The subject of combat and materia's one i've pushed a lot of discussion on, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on that subject.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
(Minor update: Might try to work on this over the long weekend, but I'm a bit under the weather at the moment, so it might be a little slow moving).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Now that E3's under way, and it doesn't look like we'll be getting any Remake footage, I'll be seeing if I can hit these next two articles over the weekend. I'll try to get the first one out by Monday.

On the bright side, I don't need to rethink anything based off of new footage/info – SILVER LININGS TO EVERYTHING!!!

Top Bottom