Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Machina Maw

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Full Throttle

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Lex

Administrator
I remember liking Samurai but it's been too long since the last time I played it to give a proper reason :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
I still haven't gotten the whole way through the game, and it's been a while since I played, so I think I'll refrain from actually casting a vote, although I do remember liking Warrior and Black Mage. This thread reminds me that I ought to finish this game though, so perhaps in a bit I'll have a better opinion :monster:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
5sfhl.jpg

I rest my case.

Ghost X

Hard for me to pick between thief and warrior, so I just chose warrior. Haven't played the game, simply going on aesthetics here :P.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Haven't played the game but my favorite is Psychic and Festival Goer which is not in the original release :P

Z

Zealkin

Dark knight was the shiz
and i loved gunner when you could get the 9999 triggerhappy combo with catnip

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
But... favourite in what context? Aesthetics, battle use, concept? :huh:

Aesthetically, I think the Lady Luck dressphere looks classy, although I love the tribal Berserker, too (although, it'd've been more awesome with some Nanaki and Galian inspired costumes).

In battle, I prefer to make Rikku the Alchemist (quick item use), Paine the Dark Knight (Arcana skills), and Yuna the Gun Mage (scan).

Conceptually... well, Blue Magic is my favourite discipline, so I'd say the Gun Mage. :awesome:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I like thief both aesthetically and in battle use. I like it aesthetically cause it's hawt, and I like it in battle use 'cause it enables you to steal stuff. And I love being able to steal stuff. Steal/Mug is one of my favorite commands in FF.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Once I got it leveled up a decent way, Dark Knight was always my go-to dressphere in combat. It's a very flexible role, and deals out a lot of damage.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Since this all got necro'd I can talk about what I consider an unfairly bashed game.

Oh the story and voice acting was absolutely dreadful but I thought the gameplay was fun as hell. And no not just because of the dress-up and hot springs scene. those didn't hurt though

I Chose Gunner, Dark Knight, Lady Luck, Mascot and the 3 limit break spheres because I can't choose between them. honorable mention to Alchemist, Samurai and Warrior

First off in the early game there is nothing more satisfying than wandering through the lands as a part of three gunners, Charlie's Angeling your way through the monsters, even if the rapid fire option does piss damage, the chaining is wonderful.

Lady Luck has all the "fun" abilities like boosts to stats, gil and EXP. I like it just for that reason alone.

Mascot, while tough to get and kind of maligned, is awesome. If you have a party of Mascots you have a team ready for anything.

The LBs speak for themselves in terms of over-powered badassery.

Though my standard end-game party was two Dark Knights and an Alchemist. This was who I fought Angra Mainyu with and who I got part of the way into the Via Infinito with (which I never finished because reasons of it's not fair, and cheap, and lag, and sucky map, yadda yadda)

Nothing compares to having two sister badasses dealing massive damage while for the cost of a few potions and phoenix downs your alchemist is offering healing comparable to a White Mage while also serving as a worthwhile attacker.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Mascot may not look the part (and it really looks out of place during the battles that have a little more depth to them [such as the fight against Dark Bahamut]), but it is by far the most useful of the dresspheres

Dark Knights are good as well - and some of the things you learn as a Gun Mage for 'Blue Bullet' are very strong, but the stats on YRP just aren't up to scratch with that particular dressphere.
And Psychic (International/HD Remaster) is very handy when used well - invincibility buffs!

Top Bottom