Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Noel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serah

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Lightning and Sazh were the only two that kept me at all invested in the story.
It's a shame her character [Fang] was wasted in a terrible game.
Sazh. In the 10 hours I managed to endure the game, he was the only character I didn't want to punch.
EDIT: I know that I didn't really get to meet Fang, so maybe I'm missing a decent character, but truthfully, I cannot stand the game enough to get her.
He [Sazh] was boring and pointless. And boring and pointless. Take him and his son out of the story... you've got the same story.
Come on, you left out all the fascinating side-characters like... ummm...
...Wait! .....No.

I really want to play this game now.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
XIII wasn't a bad game. It was mediocre. I enjoyed it, I just wouldn't say it was a "great" game.

AvecAloes

Donator
I enjoyed it too. The battle system was definitely a lot of fun, and while it did have a veritable plethora of characters I wasn't crazy about (Snow, Hope, and Vanille), they didn't ruin the game for me and I genuinely cared about the characters who weren't complete morons (imho).

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
The "sugar and rainbows" scene is the best in the game...and what's wrong with that line? Never struck me as out of place at all. The delivery was basically perfect.

I wasn't saying I don't respect your opinion or anything...I'm just baffled by it.

Tiff's opinion, on the other hand...

:monster:

I didn't like the VA's delivery of the phrase at all. I'm not trying to say the meaning behind it didn't suit the scene, I think it was very well placed. It just felt like a completely stupid thing to say at the end of that sentence. Again, I understand why it was used (I actually think it reflects quite nicely the naviety and optimism of Vanille's character) I just think in the intensity of that moment it was a terrible phrase to use.

Nathan Drake said:
I didn't say I didn't like it. It just made me laugh in what was supposed to be a serious moment. That's all.

It didn't even make me laugh. It made me roll my eyes.

I get that people do like him, and I even understand why. I just really don't. I could hate on Sazh all day, he pissed me off in that game so much.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The fact that Sazh would piss you off in a game containing these three people,
images
images
images

all of which seemed specifically designed to piss people off, is unfathomable to me is all, I guess. But whatever, to each his own an' shit

Last edited:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
WHY IS NOEL ON THIS? It's making everything so much more difficult. Well, no. Actually. I just can't pick between Fang and Noel. :T I might go with Fang though because 13-2 isn't out yet and technically, I know little of his character. but still, Noel...

Lightning would be after Fang. I didn't mind Sazh, and Vanille got better as the game went on. Hope and Snow...............

Snow.

Snow just.

He's the worst.

No one is worse than Snow in this entire cast. I DID applaud when Lightning punched him. I knew in that moment, that I liked Lightning. Because someone needed to punch him and she did. Nice and hard. Yes.

ANYWAYS. Fang was awesome. Her VA was incredible and her accent dripped sex. Not to mention, she was fun to use in battle, she's gorgeous and she's a lesbian. :D She's a total BAMF. So my vote goes to Fang.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I think it's kinda funny we all seem to hate a certain group of different characters and then love the other group.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
idk man, I don't really hate any of them.

maybe vanille.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Fixed the Lightning option, but to put that after Lightning and to then say how much you love Hope but have to give it to Vanille...?

You and I are VERY different people.

I don't like Lightning. Opinion, I thought that she was a bit of a bitch and she acted like a child at her birthday party when Serah and Snow told her the news.

And hey, we both like Sonic the Hedgehog games, so we can't be THAT different.

Also people insult Hope and Vanille all the time, epsically Hope. Saying horrible things that he should be shot, that he should just commit suicide and get it over with, that he's a annoying emo kid, that's he's annoying, pointless, dumb etc.

I don't think one Lightning hater saying "ugh whatever ''towards her character is as negative and mean as *some * not all Hope haters have said towards his character. I have apologized and it was rude, (and thanks to for Tiff pointing it out... ) but some of the shit that Hope gets is just disgusting sometimes and sometimes it gets a bit stressful if you're a fan of him.

Just saying xD

The fact that Sazh would piss you off in a game containing these three people
images

all of which seemed specifically designed to piss people off, is unfathomable to me is all, I guess. But whatever, to each his own an' shit

Fucking hell. Stop the Hope hate. It's beginning to feel really unfair when somebody can't rant her dislike towards Lightning but then everybody goes " DERP, HOPE SUCKS HE'S A RETARD " .

I think I'm going to go psycho....

Last edited:

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Most of the XIII cast is bad. Including Lightining and Hope.

Feel better now? :monster:

Better than saying horrible/ nasty things to Hope. If you don't like Hope, okay. But saying that he's annoying, a moron, should shoot himself or Lightning should shoot him ... not cool.

I apologized for the negative comment towards Light. Though it's unfair when all this " Hope is stupid " hate goes on, and nobody thinks it's wrong. :/ Just saying.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

You thought wrong. ):

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I don't like Lightning. Opinion, I thought that she was a bit of a bitch and she acted like a child at her birthday party when Serah and Snow told her the news.

I just want to say that "WORST BIRTHDAY EVER" was probably my most favourite line from the entire game.

Fangu

Great Old One
I just want to say that "WORST BIRTHDAY EVER" was probably my most favourite line from the entire game.
For me it was "......right."

XIII was the first 'modern' game I played, being an old school SNES gamer and all. I love it.

I can't vote in this poll. Lightning is by far one of my favorite heroines, but I love a lot of the others too, especially Fang AND Sazh (yes!) I chose my nickname because it was short and Japanese-referred and someone else was named Claire Farron (I only noticed later someone used to go under the un 'Oerba Yun Fang'). Otherwise it might have been Raitoningu. (I feel blashphemic. But I have learned to love my nickname. The pilot Fang I'm working on is gonna be awesome.)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Akise said:

To be fair if my little sister told me on my birthday that she was getting married to an idiot like Snow I would be pissed off too.

I think it's ok to rant about a character as long if it's not stupid and doesn't crosses the line. I mean I hate Hope but I would never say that I want him shot or that he should commit suicide.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
I loved Lightning before the game ever came out, but after XIII-2, and becoming one of the most "OMGOSH" characters I stopped liking her. Call me weird but I just don't like her a lot. Still I voted for Hope. After Lightning he was my second favorite and well after XIII-2 , unlike Lightning, he had to become a favorite.

Though I really love all characters, each one of them has their own amazing personality. I love them all.

And well I can't blame Light for being a bitch, since I am also a bitch and I honestly don't even care. It's my own way of protecting myself from others. So I understand her... and with merryland Snow showing at my birthday... I honestly would've reacted the same way.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I'm gonna have to be one of a rare breed who didn't hate Snow with the fire of a thousand suns. I don't know, he just never bothered me all that much. I mean, yeeeaah, I suppose he's a bit of a dumbshit at times and the 'hero' nonsense was awkward and should have been ditched in translation, but overall, I found little to dislike about the character. He was affable, headstrong, and protective. Yeah, to a fault with some of those qualities but I can't say it grated on me. Plus, he got the flak for a lot of stuff that wasn't his fault. And he had one of the best voices in the game, to boot AND a bitchin' theme tune.

Lex

Administrator
Snow didn't really bother me either. Though I really wished he'd stop saying "Serah...." over and over again. That got slightly tiring.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

And hey, we both like Sonic the Hedgehog games, so we can't be THAT different.

Also people insult Hope and Vanille all the time, epsically Hope. Saying horrible things that he should be shot, that he should just commit suicide and get it over with, that he's a annoying emo kid, that's he's annoying, pointless, dumb etc.

I don't think one Lightning hater saying "ugh whatever ''towards her character is as negative and mean as *some * not all Hope haters have said towards his character. I have apologized and it was rude, (and thanks to for Tiff pointing it out... ) but some of the shit that Hope gets is just disgusting sometimes and sometimes it gets a bit stressful if you're a fan of him.

Just saying xD

Fucking hell. Stop the Hope hate. It's beginning to feel really unfair when somebody can't rant her dislike towards Lightning but then everybody goes " DERP, HOPE SUCKS HE'S A RETARD " .

I think I'm going to go psycho....

Enough with the persecution complex. Who the hell said you couldn't rant about Lightning? Tiff just said you probably shouldn't rip on a charatcer IN the poll options. That's it, lighten up.

And it's not my fault Hope can't put together that the Sanctum and his mom's own actions were far more responsible about her death than Snow was. I've never said he should shoot himself, I said he should pay attention.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
And it's not my fault Hope can't put together that the Sanctum and his mom's own actions were far more responsible about her death than Snow was. I've never said he should shoot himself, I said he should pay attention.

I think he eventually did realize it though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yes, after trying to MURDER him for it! Although I don't know if it was ever really made clear if he actually realized he was erong or if he just "forgave" Snow

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yes, after trying to MURDER him for it!

Why are you so hung up on that minor detail? :awesome:

Although I don't know if it was ever really made clear if he actually realized he was erong or if he just "forgave" Snow

oh. hmmm. I only played it once, so I don't remember.

idk, I guess I give him more of a pass since he's 14. And remember, even though she didn't know it, Lightning sort of encouraged him.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, especially that part about "Snow didn't kill your mother."

But I;ve said before, I don't think Lightning really would have minded if Hope killed him. :monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yeah, especially that part about "Snow didn't kill your mother."

Well I meant before that, with the whole Operation Nora. Then when she realized what he was up to, she discouraged him.
*is trying to recall the sequence of events*

I think he focused on his anger because it was easier than wallowing in guilt.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I never understood the logic of Hope having a knife to kill Snow when his boomerang can take down mechs and he can shoot fire from his eyes and lightning from his ass? That never made sense to me.

Top Bottom