Yuri Hioki (Remake Level Designer) Reveals Tifa's Cut Chapter

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The fact that there is this much detail and it's being revealed now should all but solidify S-E's intention of releasing this as part of their extra content for the PS5 version of the game.

rkss

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Me
Conflict and resolution with Jessie

rkss said:
So I heard a theory that Jessie doesn't like Tifa because Jessie called Tifa "あの人" (that person) in chapter 3.
"あの人(ティファ)思想が揺れてるというか"
Tonally, the line has a bit negativity in both En JP, maybe that's just Jessie being herself? But this comes from native speakers so I'm not sure about this one.

https://thelifestream.net/forums/th...etween-english-and-japanese.22488/post-861982

They were right. When playing En dub, we don't notice such subtle detail.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I remember watching this in French and being "woah, Jessie is really a bitch I guess" lmao. Why would you say that about your friend? She clearly didn't trust her and was kind of pissed at her for not being as extreme as them. That was another bad point for Jesse, so if they can get that DLC where they make up, I think it'd be good. Jessie left a really long last negative impression on me, both on that and on being too much a flirt. At least I can understand the latter, but not wanting to understand why your friend is being unsure about the whole thing ( = blowing up reactors, making life harder for people, let's remember that) was like a big "nope" from me.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
If extra content is in the works I don't think it'll play at all like how this cut Tifa chapter is detailed in the Material Ultimania. I can't imagine SE would lay out their entire plan for it if it's something they want to develop and sell. We all know how secretive companies are these days. If they're talking about it publicly then to me that means they've moved on. The potential extra content might feature elements of this cut chapter, which could be related to the voice actor tweets we saw a while back, but I think overall it'd be something different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom