Now just the official "Fuck Konami in general" thread #fuckonami

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well, fortunately there are some companies that work in the mobile games industry that haven't completely abandoned console games.

So there's that silver lining to think about.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Embed of reporting YouTube video for ease of access.

It all sounds really rumor-mill heavy, but that there're bits of potential truth to a WIP for a deal (whether or not it actually pans out), but the whole 80% done doesn't quite seem fully in line with the way that Norman Reedus & Guillermo Del Toro have talked about it. Also, I'm assuming billions of Yen & not dollars because that's ridiculous. Additionally, as a PS4-exclusive demo, I wanna know how this platform flip-flop would've gone down (i.e. did Sony drop the ball on keeping the game as an exclusive?) Because given how social network savy they've been in the past, I can't assume they'd've fucked this one up.

I've no doubt Microsoft is making eager grabby hands at Silent Hills now that it's in the aether, but I'm curious about a lot of how this all went down and what's up with Sony if any of this is the case.

X :neo:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
If people actually believed that... man idk. Thats dumb lol.

I read that the rumor was that MS bought the ip for billions. Lol what.
I dont think Silent Hill including the movies and merch has ever even come close to 500 mill. Who would actually believe MS would drop that much cash on an IP that doesn't have the potential to make it back lol.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, "billions", lol.

I mean. Billions is what Disney spent on Lucasfilm/Star Wars.

...I don't think Silent Hill ever reached quite that amount of success and profit. :awesome:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
It's not impossible that the Xbox brand are grabbing for an IP exclusive, perhaps even a horror-related one, but it won't be Silent Hills in any shape or form.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The fact that it makes a normal house setting terrifying is really what makes it the best/worst.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Plus, the Unreal SDK is free, iirc

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
X I am sending you the drycleaning bill for my pants. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I bet they do!! I'm glad that this is still a conversation that's being had, and I can't wait for circumstances to allow them to do so.

Top Bottom