Thoughts on the game so far...

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I guess it's down to personal preference (isn't it always? :monster: )
Because personally, I wouldn't like a more down-to-earth fighting game approach such as Tekken or DoA for FF. Not if there's fantasy and magic and limit breaks involved.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Nah, I'm not saying they should drop the fantasy, limit breaks, and magic. I just prefer the more down to earth method of portraying it.

Remember Xenogears? Like that.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I still haven't finished Xenogears :monster:

This is all well and good, but what are your thoughts on yaoi songs?

http://www.4gamer.net/games/075/G007530/20081201024/

This is a site about some ring tone service, which will be releasing some FF and Dissidia tracks on the 18th, before the release of Dissidia's OST. When talking about Dissidia's music, it mentions that it "includes insert song" (is that even proper English? It means a song that plays during something rather than just at the opening or ending).

The Dissidia songs are:
"DISSIDIA - opening -"
"Mamoru beki Chitsujo (Harmony Worth Protecting)"
"Cosmos"

I think the second one sounds like the song, meself :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So, assuming this comes out in english, do you think the characters will have their original names or their english ones? Terra, Bartz, Firion, etc. Personally, I always preferred Terra given the double meaning of 'Earth' and 'Monster'. And then of course Bartz simply avoids a lot of snickering among english gamers.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I would assume that they'd stick with the English names. Localizations usually change the spelling to fit what they were in the original game.

X :neo:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=spirit_chaser link=topic=35.msg2698#msg2698 date=1229635259]
Only one female character... ??? :neo:
[/quote]

Actually, there's four of them (Terra, Shantotto, Cloud of Darkness and Ultimecia).

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Dark and Divine link=topic=35.msg2700#msg2700 date=1229635615]
[quote author=spirit_chaser link=topic=35.msg2698#msg2698 date=1229635259]
Only one female character... ??? :neo:
[/quote]

Actually, there's four of them (Terra, Shantotto, Cloud of Darkness and Ultimecia).
[/quote]

I was talking about protagonists ;)
And Shantotto is a guest character? She isnt playable at the start of the game. Besides I think she`s no fun.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=spirit_chaser link=topic=35.msg2702#msg2702 date=1229636118]
I was talking about protagonists ;)[/quote]

Oh, ok then! :)

And Shantotto is a guest character? She isnt playable at the start of the game. Besides I think she`s no fun.

Yes, she's an unlockable character, but in a different way than the others. While you get the villains by buying them using PP, in order to get Shantotto, i think you'll have to finish the game with all the characters and only then she's availabe to buy. Or something like that.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So does anyone have any thoughts they'd like to share, now that they actually have the game in their hands? :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Aww, that ad really is adorable! I can see some of my friends acting that way.

I only wish I knew what it said. :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
My new thoughts are, it's pretty fun :monster:

Though unless they're going to come up with something else after you finish all the character's stories, it seems a bit short considering its script was meant to be 3 times the size of CC.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
What about Shade Impulse? Is their dialogue and stuff there? Or is it just text?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL oh okay. I hear Shade Impulse has some stuff too.

And there's lots of text only dialogue that's pretty interesting as well, so I'm hoping there's a lot more to it than meets the eye.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I heard SI didn't have anything, so I'm glad to hear it actually might :monster:

Took a while, but I think I've gotten used to the whole Battle Rise stuff. I still tend to overlook it, though :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
My work can go to hell/I have really bad impluse control :monster:

SI (I was mistaken about what kind of mode this was) does have voiced and text scenes. In fact, it's pretty much required if you want to actually see the second, major half of the story :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Isn't he hard to use? he just conjures traps and doesn't even have attacks.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
He is more difficult to use than others, but that's what's fun about it :monster:

As long as you keep to the ground, anyway. I don't know if he learns more aerial attacks later, but he seems better on the ground so far. You can use that blue seal (Seal of Light?) move to trap the other guy, then plant mines around them while they can't move. He also doesn't have an air HP attack, but the ground attack/Flare will (slowly) follow the enemy around and lasts for a long time.

krystabegnalie

Lv. 25 Adventurer
its great that each character has its own individual skills to master their moves, like gabranth, his move sucks but when he is in exmode, critical attack galore!

Top Bottom