Thoughts on the game so far...

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
the man can be blown off with Jecht no doubt.

I'm worried about range fighters if I'm using Jecht. Other than that, it'll be smooth sailing.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm definitely going to wait because there's seriously too much to the game and story that you'd not get without actually reading it. You'd get a handle on gameplay but I want to be able to fully immerse myself.

CC was different since it was short, and all. This is gonna be something you'll be playing awhile.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, but then you also have Shade Impulse, Inward Chaos, reading all the reports, getting all the quiz answers right and needing to read the answers, the equipment, the in battle dialogue and messages, and all the other stuff that appears and pops up.

LMAO, it's just too much. I wanna read it. All I can do is hope and PRAY this game gets a good english localization and voice actor cast.

I'm not worried about the characters who already HAVE voices. Cloud, Gabranth, Tidus, Jecht, Sephiroth, and Squall all have great voices.

It's the other characters who've gone between 5 and 10 years without speaking a word that I'm worried about.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
CC has missions.

Hundreds and hundreds of copypasta missions :monster:

Cecil and Golbeza should have voices. DS remake voices :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fuck, forgot that FFIV's DS remake had voices.

Probably because I haven't played it yet :monster:

Well the missions were something I really wanted to read and was greatly vexed no one translated them back when I was playing the Japanese version, cause they do have interesting stories behind them.

So again, another reason for me to wait. That, and my budget, LOL.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I just wish the content of the missions had more to do with the stories than just "oh yeah, some stuff happened but you probably didn't see it while going through all those suspiciously similar looking environments beating up colour-swapped monsters with a bunch of cheap attacks."

My budget is the reason I'll be sticking with the Japanese one, but I'm happy with it :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
LMAO well the missions happen outside of the main storyline and during those huge ass gaps of time that crop up between chapters.

They're basically there to give you more to do outside the main storyline and see what SOLDIER usually does outside of Crisis Core's plot.

I found the story behind Mission Set 9 in the Northern Crater to be awesome. Oh, and Yuffie's materia hunting too. Hojo's research lab was epic lulz too. I love how snarky and bitter he is.

Well see, you can read the Japanese enough to understand it. Me...well...now that I have the US Crisis Core version, my Japanese version has never been touched. I suppose I could play it again if I want to hear my favorite parts in Japanese and play it but...:monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I just wanted to see more cutscenes for them. Like Zack finding whatever he was looking for, or finding the accessories that guy has made and left behind in those missions. I don't know if the last few have that, I'm about 2-3 missions away from 100% before Dissidia distracted me :monster:

But there was still 200+ that didn't.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fucking tiny ass UMDs not having enough space for epic content :monster:

I like the PSP but I'm seriously getting annoyed at them not going all out on their PSP games like they could, to make it epic enough. Dissidia and Crisis Core are both games that are awesome and love to play, but there's just so much MORE they could've added had there been enough space.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I have a question, I've heard mention of the little battles when you're on the chess board thing, what do you fight? Are like Final Fantasy enemies, ghosts of game characters, summons, or what? Thanks

Bonaventura

Carpe Diem
AKA
G's Apple
From what I've seen and heard, they seem to be crystallized and distorted Cosmos and Chaos characters :P

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
They're copy golems created by Chaos to be his army to fight you.

They're the grunt force, while the villains are the leaders.

And oddly enough, Shantotto makes a comment about wanting to study them and the golems resembling far more superior Automatons used by the Puppetmaster job class :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
"Imitations" are what they're called ingame.

They're just crystal-looking versions of the regular playable characters, except they can't use EX-Bursts. (At least I've never seen one do so :monster: )

They usually (at least during the first half of the game) have equipment which make them weaker than the base stats, lower HP or Attack, etc.

If you look at the board you can see they've got different shapes and colours, which tells you how strong they are (small grey for weak enemies, swords on the back for slightly stronger ones, bronze for even stronger ones, twisted yellow ones for 'irregular' enemies [1 HP, massive Brave boost, etc]).

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I was kinda hoping it wouldn't go the SSB route and have you play main characters that aren't really, but its not a huge deal. I recognize the memory issue, would be kinda fun to fight a cactuar though ^_^

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wait, what do you mean about the SSB route and have you play main characters? Huh?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
IN the single player of SSB, you essentially fight the main characters in different combinations (or even in wire frame). Melee and Brawl have done more that now I know. But I was mostly citing that you essentially fight people you'll always be fighting, no other kind of enemy.

As I said, not a huge deal, I was just curious.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh I see what you mean. Clones. :monster:

Yeah, Dissidia does that too, but they give it an in-universe reason.

They're copies made by Chaos for his army. Lawl. :duhard:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I'm surprised by how easy this leveling up with Exdeath is :monster:

I just wish I could get right for going all the way to level 1000 (lvl.100 'strongest' Exdeath, 9999 attack, play plan x5 EXP bonus, special day x2 bonus, all three chocobo accessories). So far, he keeps killing me for I land a hit :monster:

krystabegnalie

Lv. 25 Adventurer
[quote author=Emperor Joker link=topic=35.msg15222#msg15222 date=1233942583]
what about Jecht? anyone tried on Jecht yet?
[/quote]

i do also tried jecht but he's weakness is he have no long range attack , well i think thats because he has some smaller level in my player list, lol

SOLDIERis1337

Pro Adventurer
It's looking great so far, but I wish that instead of the crystal clones you fight as regular enemies they would have included FF monsters such as behemoths, dragons, and the like.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
[quote author=krystabegnalie link=topic=35.msg16516#msg16516 date=1234252380]
[quote author=Emperor Joker link=topic=35.msg15222#msg15222 date=1233942583]
what about Jecht? anyone tried on Jecht yet?
[/quote]

i do also tried jecht but he's weakness is he have no long range attack , well i think thats because he has some smaller level in my player list, lol
[/quote]

I'm sure he has some, I've seen some videos of him beating ranged players.

Top Bottom