• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Surprisingly, there are some KH references here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I can't make a serious reply to such an insincere post.

But light and dark = FFIII and FFIV (and that Tom Sawyer game)
One-winged angel = FFVII's penultimate battle
Sephiroth summoning a meteor = was a minor plot point in the original game, but you might have missed it since they didn't make a big deal about it

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I can't make a serious reply to such an insincere post.

But light and dark = FFIII and FFIV (and that Tom Sawyer game)
One-winged angel = FFVII's penultimate battle
Sephiroth summoning a meteor = was a minor plot point in the original game, but you might have missed it since they didn't make a big deal about it

Light and darkness were of course in FFIII, just like all the others, but as usual, in FFIII, it was about keeping the power of Light dominant and using it to destroy darkness. It was never about them being equally important, and finding balance between light and darkness. That's KH, not FF.

One-Winged Angel was only a song. It never actually appeared in the plot of FFVII, nor was Sephiroth shown as the One-Winged Angel. That was again, only in KH and KH2. He actually HAD one wing in KH and KH2. AND you got a keyblade from Sephiroth that was named that and had the one wing as the keychain. That's where he actually was called that title and shown to be one.

I said it was only in KH that Sephiroth summoned a Meteor. In FFVII, he used the spirit energy of the planet to do it. Not himself. He was too weak, and injured to do it on his own, so he basically had the planet cast it while he held it. Not the same thing.

I know what I'm talking about, guys. I'm not stupid.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Light and darkness were of course in FFIII, just like all the others, but as usual, in FFIII, it was about keeping the power of Light dominant and using it to destroy darkness. It was never about them being equally important, and finding balance between light and darkness. That's KH, not FF.
Don't ignore my Tom Sawyer reference. That game predates any FF or KH game. It was a story about light and dark finding balance, shown through the metaphor of a white kid and a black kid on a raft trying to stay afloat.

One-Winged Angel was only a song. It never actually appeared in the plot of FFVII, nor was Sephiroth shown as the One-Winged Angel.
You got me there. I don't think he was ever shown with a wing in the original game. I only played Crisis Core, so I thought the guy in red was Sephiroth.

I said it was only in KH that Sephiroth summoned a Meteor. In FFVII, he used the spirit energy of the planet to do it. Not himself. He was too weak, and injured to do it on his own, so he basically had the planet cast it while he held it. Not the same thing.
In KH he uses the spirit energy of Auron from KHII to summon meteors, just like FFVII. In FFVII, Auron was the great^9 ancestor of the planet's inhabitants, so Sephiroth was using Auron's spirit energy to stop that witch from Galbadia. The moomba with the fiery tails mentions it.

I know not what I'm talking about, guys. I'm stupid.
I believe you made an error there, so I took the liberty of correcting it for you.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Don't ignore my Tom Sawyer reference. That game predates any FF or KH game. It was a story about light and dark finding balance, shown through the metaphor of a white kid and a black kid on a raft trying to stay afloat.

....Fuck, you may have me with that Tom Sawyer game. Damn you :wacky:

But seriously, FFIII wasn't like KH in terms of its treatment of Light and Dark, silly.

You got me there. I don't think he was ever shown with a wing in the original game. I only played Crisis Core, so I thought the guy in red was Sephiroth.

LOL, you're a riot hitobito. But yeah, in FFVII, Sephiroth had more than one wing, and it wasn't even black, or just one on his back. So he wasn't the One-Winged Angel in FFVII.

In KH he uses the spirit energy of Auron from KHII to summon meteors, just like FFVII. In FFVII, Auron was the great^9 ancestor of the planet's inhabitants, so Sephiroth was using Auron's spirit energy to stop that witch from Galbadia. The moomba with the fiery tails mentions it.

LOL what?! XD

But yeah, only in KH could Sephiroth summon Meteor on his own. In FFVII that wasn't even Sephiroth's own power. The planet cast Meteor, not Sephiroth. He was too weak and legless.

I believe you made an error there, so I took the liberty of correcting it for you.

Hey, I see what you did there. You know I'm right. Stop giving me a hard time. XD

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
....Fuck, you may have me with that Tom Sawyer game. Damn you :wacky:

But seriously, FFIII wasn't like KH in terms of its treatment of Light and Dark, silly.
Sorry, I was talking about FFVI. I don't get this Japanese numbering. There was a guy called Shadow and this little white fluffy thing. I thought that was the light and darkness stuff.

LOL, you're a riot hitobito. But yeah, in FFVII, Sephiroth had more than one wing, and it wasn't even black, or just one on his back. So he wasn't the One-Winged Angel in FFVII.
So was he the guy with the white wing in CC? Or that duck that follows Sora around? He had two wings that weren't black or on his back.

LOL what?! XD

But yeah, only in KH could Sephiroth summon Meteor on his own. In FFVII that wasn't even Sephiroth's own power. The planet cast Meteor, not Sephiroth. He was too weak and legless.
You can do a lot of damage when you're legless. My brother broke a table the other day when he was drunk. And he doesn't have any wings, so I can't imagine what you must be able to do when you're pissed and angelic.

Stop giving me a hard time. XD
Are you coming on to me? My English is not so good.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sorry, I was talking about FFVI. I don't get this Japanese numbering. There was a guy called Shadow and this little white fluffy thing. I thought that was the light and darkness stuff.

LOL now you're trolling hito. Wtf :monster: If you know I'm right, just say so.

So was he the guy with the white wing in CC? Or that duck that follows Sora around? He had two wings that weren't black or on his back.

LOL, you're cracked man. Anyways, Sephiroth is only a "One Winged Angel" in KH. He's not one in FFVII. Donald has two wings, ergo he's excluded. So does Angeal :monster:

You can do a lot of damage when you're legless. My brother broke a table the other day when he was drunk. And he doesn't have any wings, so I can't imagine what you must be able to do when you're pissed and angelic.

Be that as it may, Sephiroth was too weak to use Meteor and thus had to trick the planet into casting it for him XDDD

Are you coming on to me? My English is not so good.

Rofl. Me love long time?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
LOL now you're trolling hito. Wtf :monster: If you know I'm right, just say so.
If I knew you were right, I wouldn't be bringing up such compelling evidence against you.

LOL, you're cracked man. Anyways, Sephiroth is only a "One Winged Angel" in KH. He's not one in FFVII. Donald has two wings, ergo he's excluded. So does Angeal :monster:
But Angael's son was in FFVII, so the song was in the game but was about his dad.

Be that as it may, Sephiroth was too weak to use Meteor and thus had to trick the planet into casting it for him XDDD
Now you're just making up excuses. There's no one stronger than Sephiroth. Kojima said so.

Rofl. Me love long time?
You can't get your own way just by sucking cock every time.

But maybe sometimes :awesome:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
If I knew you were right, I wouldn't be bringing up such compelling evidence against you.

But Angael's son was in FFVII, so the song was in the game but was about his dad.

Now you're just making up excuses. There's no one stronger than Sephiroth. Kojima said so.

You can't get your own way just by sucking cock every time.

But maybe sometimes :awesome:

LOL hito, you're insane. :wackymonster:

You're just trolling me now!

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I know that Mako is obviously trolling, but it seems there are some people here who actually forgot the fact that the balance between Light and Darkness is an important plot point of FFIII.
An example, is the Dark Warriors joining the Warriors of Light to beat the CoD.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
And this is why I voted for Mako as best bullshitter.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I know that Mako is obviously trolling, but it seems there are some people here who actually forgot the fact that the balance between Light and Darkness is an important plot point of FFIII.
An example, is the Dark Warriors joining the Warriors of Light to beat the CoD.

Actually, that plot point wasn't added until the remake of FFIII for the DS :monster:

Originally it wasn't about keeping the world in balance. It was just about defeating the darkness. So again, KH did it first. KH had a lot of firsts apparently for SE. The attacks I mentioned for Squall, Cloud, and Sephiroth, this plot point, and everything else.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Actually, that plot point wasn't added until the remake of FFIII for the DS :monster:
You weren't added until the remake.

KH was just a rip-off of the Moonwalker game, which did everything KH tried and failed to do with less fruity Disney characters. That's where those attacks and Sephiroth/Squall/Cloud originated.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You weren't added until the remake.

KH was just a rip-off of the Moonwalker game, which did everything KH tried and failed to do with less fruity Disney characters. That's where those attacks and Sephiroth/Squall/Cloud originated.

LOL dude I'm serious. That shit about keeping the world in balance between light and dark, with the dark warriors and shit wasn't added until the DS remake. It's another one of those new cutscenes, such as Cid taking the orphans up to the floating continent when Xande enacted his whole goal of stopping time on the surface world and shit. None of that was in the original FFIII. They probably got inspiration from KH again.

lol Moonwalker. But no XD

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I played the original FFIII when it came out. It was exactly the same as the remake, except the graphics looked better than the DS.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I played the original FFIII when it came out. It was exactly the same as the remake, except the graphics looked better than the DS.

Now now, its not nice to troll. The DS added that in there, meaning KH did it first. :P

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Allow me a stupid question. Wasn't there an interview with Nomura on which he stated that Dissidia was basically what he intended to do inside Twilight Town in KH2? :huh: He also said that he wasn't allowed to do that, so he took his team from KH and made Dissidia.

If that's true, wouldn't be logical to take the attacks of Sephiroth, Cloud and Leon and include and/or improve them on Dissidia?

Just wondering.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Allow me a stupid question. Wasn't there an interview with Nomura on which he stated that Dissidia was basically what he intended to do inside Twilight Town in KH2? :huh: He also said that he wasn't allowed to do that, so he took his team from KH and made Dissidia.

If that's true, wouldn't be logical to take the attacks of Sephiroth, Cloud and Leon and include and/or improve them on Dissidia?

Just wondering.

Great, more ammunition for him.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Just wondering.

Yes, that was from the Dissisdia Ultimania. That's what I've been saying, I'm glad you see my point.

All those attacks:

Blasting Zone and Rough Divide for Squall

Heartless Angel (actually Sin Harvest), Meteor, Oblivion/Flash, and Shadow Flare for Sephiroth

Aerial Fang, and Omnislash for Cloud

...All those attacks originated from KH, and were incorporated into Final Fantasy, through Dissidia. They originally wanted to do this in KH2, but now he finally got the chance to do it in Dissidia, and basically give it to FF to use. Makes sense?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yes, that was from the Dissisdia Ultimania. That's what I've been saying, I'm glad you see my point.

All those attacks:

Blasting Zone and Rough Divide for Squall

Heartless Angel (actually Sin Harvest), Meteor, Oblivion/Flash, and Shadow Flare for Sephiroth

Aerial Fang, and Omnislash for Cloud

...All those attacks originated from KH, and were incorporated into Final Fantasy, through Dissidia. They originally wanted to do this in KH2, but now he finally got the chance to do it in Dissidia, and basically give it to FF to use. Makes sense?

I get what you're saying, but the phrasing totally needs reworking.
You're saying most of the Dissidia versions of these attacks come from KH, but you cannot say most of them come from KH, period.

And the existence of the DW and the overloading of the world with light was there in the original, though you can be forgiven for missing it.

Also, what of Ehrgeiz?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I get what you're saying, but the phrasing totally needs reworking.
You're saying most of the Dissidia versions of these attacks come from KH, but you cannot say most of them come from KH, period.

And the existence of the DW and the overloading of the world with light was there in the original, though you can be forgiven for missing it.

If you got what I was saying, you'd not say that. They did come from KH, period. Where in FFVIII did Squall's gunblade grow and turn golden and then smash into the opponent? Where did Sephiroth use Shadow Flare, Meteor, or Sin Harvest in FFVII? Where did Cloud use Aerial Fang and Omnislash?

Those all came from KH, man.

And it wasn't in the original at all. That was solely from the FFIII DS remake. Originally it was just the world of light stopping CoD and her powers of darkness from the dark world.

Ehrgeiz doesn't count cause that wasn't Square. That was Namco and Dream Factory.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
That was solely from the FFIII DS remake. Originally it was just the world of light stopping CoD and her powers of darkness from the dark world.
I'm going to be stopping your arse with my foot in a minute.

Then I'm going to take your home and make it into a toll bridge.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
If you got what I was saying, you'd not say that. They did come from KH, period. Where in FFVIII did Squall's gunblade grow and turn golden and then smash into the opponent?

Any time after I upgraded his sword and got a limit break. You may have heard of it. It's called Blasting Zone.
Not that his KH 'blasting zone' is like his Dissidia blasting zone in anything save scale.

Where did Sephiroth use Shadow Flare,

Where did Shadow Flare come from?
I know I have four e.Skill materia with it handy.

Disc 2 and 3.

or Sin Harvest in FFVII?

He never uses 'Sin Harvest' in KH either.
A hilarious note "Almost all of Sephiroth's attacks, such as Super Nova, Heartless Angel and Shadow Flare, are named for attacks he uses in the Final Fantasy series. The few attacks he does not know in the Final Fantasy series, such as Meteor and Flash, are still named for attacks in the series."

Where did Cloud use Aerial Fang and Omnislash?

AC and FF7, and ACC.

Those all came from KH, man.

Troll harder, Mako.

And it wasn't in the original at all. That was solely from the FFIII DS remake. Originally it was just the world of light stopping CoD and her powers of darkness from the dark world.

And a similar situation had occurred with an overbalance of light 1000 years prior. I know you're in ondore mode, but your lie is too easily seen through. I too, played the original game. The Dark Warriors are in it too.
I know you know you're talking out your ass, but just for anyone confused about this
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/563415/26910
This is a walkthrough, last revised in 05, regarding the NES FF3. It mentions the dark warriors and their sacrifice.

Ehrgeiz doesn't count cause that wasn't Square. That was Namco and Dream Factory.

And KH is Disney. It was a joint venture, and Square was the one who put the FF7 characters in Ehrgeiz.

I can see your point re- Sephy's animations, but beyond that, it's a stretch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom