• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Surprisingly, there are some KH references here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Any time after I upgraded his sword and got a limit break. You may have heard of it. It's called Blasting Zone.
Not that his KH 'blasting zone' is like his Dissidia blasting zone in anything save scale.

There's no such limit break in FFVIII. He only has Renzoukuken, Rough Divide, Revolver Drive, Fated Circle, and Lionheart in FFVIII. Blasting Zone was KH exclusive. And it looks the same to me.

Where did Shadow Flare come from?
I know I have four e.Skill materia with it handy.

That's Dark Flare actually.

Disc 2 and 3.

That wasn't Sephiroth actually casting the spell. It was the planet, and I'm pretty sure it was called "Meteo" and not "Meteor" because of the character limit.

He never uses 'Sin Harvest' in KH either.
A hilarious note "Almost all of Sephiroth's attacks, such as Super Nova, Heartless Angel and Shadow Flare, are named for attacks he uses in the Final Fantasy series. The few attacks he does not know in the Final Fantasy series, such as Meteor and Flash, are still named for attacks in the series."

Now you're dead wrong here. It's "Sin Harvest" you can hear Lance Bass say it clearly. And where does that quote come from...?

AC and FF7, and ACC.

KH came before AC and ACC. And I don't ever remember him having a wing and flying around in FFVII either. Ergo, that's not Omnislash. CoM clearly shows the attack "Omnislash" is when Cloud grows his black wing and flies around to cut you.

Troll harder, Mako.

...Wha?

And a similar situation had occurred with an overbalance of light 1000 years prior. I know you're in ondore mode, but your lie is too easily seen through. I too, played the original game. The Dark Warriors are in it too.

Was that in some Ultimania or something? I don't ever remember that being in the original, and if it wasn't in the original, it's not canon.

And KH is Disney. It was a joint venture, and Square was the one who put the FF7 characters in Ehrgeiz.

I can see your point re- Sephy's animations, but beyond that, it's a stretch.

I'm pretty sure all SE did was give Namco and Dream Factory the designs and let them do their own thing. They didn't really do anything else or design it. So it's really not canon or relevant to the point. Its hardly FF at all.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
There's no such limit break in FFVIII. He only has Renzoukuken, Rough Divide, Revolver Drive, Fated Circle, and Lionheart in FFVIII. Blasting Zone was KH exclusive. And it looks the same to me.

You are SUCH A SPESHUL SNOEFLAEK, Ondore!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRxJm_C21IM
One minute mark.

That's Dark Flare actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4CtDFyzyYk

That wasn't Sephiroth actually casting the spell. It was the planet, and I'm pretty sure it was called "Meteo" and not "Meteor" because of the character limit.

SPESHUL SNOEFLAEK!

Now you're dead wrong here. It's "Sin Harvest" you can hear Lance Bass say it clearly. And where does that quote come from...?

You can't hear jack shit clearly in that battle, ondore.
And the monkeys at KHwiki think you're wrong. Take it up with them. http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Sephiroth

KH came before AC and ACC. And I don't ever remember him having a wing and flying around in FFVII either. Ergo, that's not Omnislash. CoM clearly shows the attack "Omnislash" is when Cloud grows his black wing and flies around to cut you.

SPESHUL SNOEFLAEK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jun8-ZDk4
And the Dissidia version doesn't show him with a wing or flying either.

Sorry, I misspoke. TROLL HARDER, ONDORE.

Was that in some Ultimania or something? I don't ever remember that being in the original, and if it wasn't in the original, it's not canon.

Your memory failing doesn't mean it's not there.
From FF compendium
Dark Warriors
Legend tells that these warriors will appear when the power of light threatens to overwhelm dark. They reportedly restored balance in the past when the light threatened the world. If you defeat all four optional bosses (Cerberus, Two-Headed Dragon, Echidna, and Ahriman), the Dark Warriors will help you in your final battle against the Cloud of Darkness.
3darkwarriors-o.gif
3darkwarriors-o2.gif

I'm pretty sure all SE did was give Namco and Dream Factory the designs and let them do their own thing. They didn't really do anything else or design it. So it's really not canon or relevant to the point. Its hardly FF at all.

And KH isn't FF at all, so what's your point?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
We'll start with what you replied to me with the Blasting Zone subject. Mainly because it'll also give a clear view of my perspective when it comes to Japanese translation and gameplay.

Ryushikaze said:
You are SUCH A SPESHUL SNOEFLAEK, Ondore!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRxJm_C21IM
One minute mark.

That is one of the main problem. I'm pretty sure many people find it easy to believe your word for it. But in my experience, there have also been a number of people who believed that koibito can only be "lover" and nothing else, or Blasting Zone is in FFVIII and nowhere else. There's also some people who believed that it can taken in a different way. It went on for several months, until some new information came up and suddenly, everything had change. I'm sure you're not one of these people, but can you really blame me, if I'm a lil bit careful now especially when you're making me choose between you and the official depiction of the game?

But you and I both know that Japanese translators goes beyond the literal translation am I right?

SPESHUL SNOEFLAEK!

I don't doubt that the official translatior can make mistakes, but that applies to everyone. I don't doubt that there's a possibility that I could be wrong on this particular translation, but then again, so can you.

You can't hear jack shit clearly in that battle, ondore.
And the monkeys at KHwiki think you're wrong. Take it up with them. http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Sephiroth

Wikis are notorious for being wrong. I wouldn't count them a credible source, especially when I can hear Lance Bass clearly on my tv.

SPESHUL SNOEFLAEK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jun8-ZDk4
And the Dissidia version doesn't show him with a wing or flying either.

I thought the limit break Cloud had in FFVII was called Chōkyūbushinhazan or "Super-Ultimate War God Supreme Slash." I'm going to check back with my sources on this one, but if that's the case, those are two different moves. Cloud in FFVII used Super-Ultimate War God Supreme Slash, while Cloud in KH used Omnislash.

Sorry, I misspoke. TROLL HARDER, ONDORE.

;) Welcome to Aly's world Ryu. Let's take a break, cool off for awhile, maybe that'll help us understand each other. B'sides, I really need to work on this forum along with some RL stuff. But we can keep going that's fine.

Your memory failing doesn't mean it's not there.
From FF compendium
Dark Warriors
Legend tells that these warriors will appear when the power of light threatens to overwhelm dark. They reportedly restored balance in the past when the light threatened the world. If you defeat all four optional bosses (Cerberus, Two-Headed Dragon, Echidna, and Ahriman), the Dark Warriors will help you in your final battle against the Cloud of Darkness.

...and again, looking at it through my perspective. Your pitting your words against the official translators who probably took this very seriously since it's their job. Would you blame me if I believe them more than you in this situation?

Nomura did the designs for KH, and worked on the story. He didn't do any of that for Ehrgeiz.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I thought the limit break Cloud had in FFVII was called Chōkyūbushinhazan or "Super-Ultimate War God Supreme Slash." I'm going to check back with my sources on this one, but if that's the case, those are two different moves. Cloud in FFVII used Super-Ultimate War God Supreme Slash, while Cloud in KH used Omnislash.

If you could get off the trolling for a moment, is it really Omnislash in the Japanese version of KH?
Hito?

That is one of the main problem. I'm pretty sure many people find it easy to believe your word for it. But in my experience, there have also been a number of people who believed that koibito can only be "lover" and nothing else, or Blasting Zone is in FFVIII and nowhere else. There's also some people who believed that it can taken in a different way. It went on for several months, until some new information came up and suddenly, everything had change. I'm sure you're not one of these people, but can you really blame me, if I'm a lil bit careful now especially when you're making me choose between you and the official depiction of the game?

DLPB called, he wants his flunky back.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
If you could get off the trolling for a moment, is it really Omnislash in the Japanese version of KH?
Hito?

It's called Omnislash as explained in the KH, KH: CoM, and KH2 Ultimania. That's the attack where he powers up, flies through the air, and slashes you.

DLPB called, he wants his flunky back.

That hurts. If anyone's being mean and insulting, its you.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Dammit, Ondore, don't you Shroudy at me!

Between you and the official materials is pure Shroudy, hell, it's a restructured copypasta attack.
And for that matter, the official materials and I are in agreement, actually.

In any case, YOU said there were no such attacks as Shadow Flare or Blasting Zone in FFVII or FFVIII. I proved you wrong. Completely ignoring the fucked up semantics nonsense, visuals alone, my good man.
Oh, and I just recalled, Heartless Angel first appears in FF6. Kefka rented it out to Sephypoo.
I may respond later in actuality, I may not. But first I gotta stop laughing at your Shroudying at me.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
I always saw KH as a hybrid between FF and Disney which is awesome imo I love both, but not really the same. It's more the cast which is the mix between the two, but other than that the story, style, and gameplay is much different really.~

I'd like to see Sora as part of the cast as Dissidia he is just as worthy as a hero as the others, plus we are all accustomed to playing with him in real time battle so it would be cool to play like that in other situations.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It's called Omnislash as explained in the KH, KH: CoM, and KH2 Ultimania. That's the attack where he powers up, flies through the air, and slashes you.

Like the katakana is "Omunisurashi?" If so that's pretty interesting, something from the western version transferring back to the Japanese.
However, this doesn't help your argument because Cloud's limit break in Dissidia is Super-Ultimate War God Supreme Slash.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I always saw KH as a hybrid between FF and Disney which is awesome imo I love both, but not really the same. It's more the cast which is the mix between the two, but other than that the story, style, and gameplay is much different really.~

KTR, please note what the statement was. Ondore here said Ehrgeiz 'wasn't really FF' despite having several FF7 characters in it, and because it was developed with another company in association with Square.
By that argument, KH also is not at all FF. But then again, this is an Ondore thread.

I'd like to see Sora as part of the cast as Dissidia he is just as worthy as a hero as the others, plus we are all accustomed to playing with him in real time battle so it would be cool to play like that in other situations.

It might be nifty, but I get the feeling he might end up either too overpowered or too like OK.

Addendum: Oh good. Forcestealer is fighting troll with troll.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Between you and the official materials is pure Shroudy, hell, it's a restructured copypasta attack.
And for that matter, the official materials and I are in agreement, actually.

Wrong. The only side I have seen try to argue that their interpretation is in agreement the rabids of the FF fandom who are afraid of KH.

In any case, YOU said there were no such attacks as Shadow Flare or Blasting Zone in FFVII or FFVIII. I proved you wrong. Completely ignoring the fucked up semantics nonsense, visuals alone, my good man.
Oh, and I just recalled, Heartless Angel first appears in FF6. Kefka rented it out to Sephypoo.
I may respond later in actuality, I may not. But first I gotta stop laughing at your Shroudying at me.

Actually, the game doesn't say a thing about them being in FFVII or FFVIII. The game is talking about the premise behind Shadow Flare and Blasting Zone, which is the fact that neither of them have ever apppeared in Final Fantasy. What are these attacks? Mostly limit breaks, IMO. The translations simply don't communicate well and this leads to disagreements and incompatibility issues. Why in the world would the creators speak about Shadow Flare and Blasting Zone as FF attacks in a game where they basically break down how utterly incompatible they are for the setting?

Deluded FF fan is deluded.

Ugh... I really cannot stomach anymore.

@KissthaRain

I'm glad we agree. You can see reason, thankfully. ^_^

Like the katakana is "Omnisurashi?" If so that's pretty interesting, something from the western version transferring back to the Japanese.
However, this doesn't help your argument because Cloud's limit break in Dissidia is Super-Ultimate War God Supreme Slash.

No its not, its not "Super-Ultimate War God Supreme Slash" in KH/KH:ReCoM/KH2. Chōkyūbushinhazan. That's what I've been saying.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No, its "Super-Ultimate War God Supreme Slash" in KH/KH:ReCoM/KH2. Chōkyūbushinhazan. That's what I've been saying.

wut?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I'm not even sure what's being argued here. Except I feel like DLPB is here.

Aeris, flunkies and all that.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
We'll start with what you replied to me with the Blasting Zone subject. Mainly because it'll also give a clear view of my perspective when it comes to Japanese translation and gameplay..

Nomura did the designs for KH, and worked on the story. He didn't do any of that for Ehrgeiz.
I see what you did there :awesome:.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

You need to learn how to read my posts. That's not what I said at all.

@Luna

If people would stop misquoting and trolling me, we wouldn't have this problem. I've backed up all my statements and assertions with videos and evidence.

As I've said before, we've already responded to most of this. I honestly find it absolutely ludicrous that he's saying Nojima has confirmed Blasting Zone and Shadow Flare.

@Que

Thanks, I'm trying to have these people see reason, hopefully it'll work.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Wrong. The only side I have seen try to argue that their interpretation is in agreement the rabids of the FF fandom who are afraid of KH.

Setting aside that that sentence's horrendous grammar and incomplete nature,
Shroudy
You

Quot
Erat
Demonstratum

Ondore is playing Shroudy, presently.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Alrite, first let's straighten up some few loose ends:

Shroudy
You

Quot
Erat
Demonstratum

wee bit off Ryu, where did you even get this argument? Our forum? Mind if you get me the exact quote?

Why are rabid FF fans and Ryu claiming that Nojima confirmed anything when he did not give his views on Shadow Flare, Blasting Zone, and Sin Harvest?!? If you ask me, the context of that statement makes me think that Nojima was ready to say thattheir inclusion in FF would not work out between them.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Shroudy
You

Quot
Erat
Demonstratum

a-aha...HAHAHAH OH GOD. That made me snort-giggle, thank you Ryu.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
As for why Nojima would bring it up if they're just limit breaks, I think he's bringing it up because he thinks that they should NOT be limit breaks because it would be a big mistake due to all the problems he just talked about. That certainly fits the context of the paragraph much better than what you're suggesting.

yeah I'm not doing it right :(

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
As for why Nojima would bring it up if they're just limit breaks, I think he's bringing it up because he thinks that they should NOT be limit breaks because it would be a big mistake due to all the problems he just talked about. That certainly fits the context of the paragraph much better than what you're suggesting.

No you were making sense there. That's my point. Whatever statement they made about those two attacks in the game, isn't them being included. It's them showing that they COULDN'T be included, and how much problems there would be if they were there.

Which is why they're in KH, and not FF. Because they showed us how they couldn't be in FF by showing us there.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Alrite, first let's straighten up some few loose ends:

wee bit off Ryu, where did you even get this argument? Our forum? Mind if you get me the exact quote?

Why are rabid FF fans and Ryu claiming that Nojima confirmed anything when he did not give his views on Shadow Flare, Blasting Zone, and Sin Harvest?!? If you ask me, the context of that statement makes me think that Nojima was ready to say thattheir inclusion in FF would not work out between them.

http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Northern_Crater/index.php?showtopic=793&view=findpost&p=5526366

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
There are a lot better quotes that disprove their inclusion, IMO. That one was just sort of dull, and way too easy to counter.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Me said:

Is there a reason why that statement was ignored/skipped? I actually thought that statement of mine addressed the issue we're currently having right now. Was that not sufficient for you? What exactly do you want me to do? Were you actually expecting me to keep on looking until I find that one thing that'll prove your point in this debate?

It's pretty dang funny that the FF fans like to act like KH and Itadaki Street never existed or don't mean something.
The creators still made the game, and the creators still decided to show Shadow Flare, Omnislash, Blasting Zone, and Sin Harvest walking side by side together.... without FF. Don't they understand that they did that for a reason? Even if it's not a part of Final Fantasy, it still means something that we were -once again- shown as their attacks.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Although, wouldn't you agree that a site reference would have helped doubtful readers believe your objective analysis more, Mako? It makes it more credible imo. How come you didn't do that?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Although, wouldn't you agree that a site reference would have helped doubtful readers believe your objective analysis more? It makes it more credible imo. How come you didn't do that?

Because it doesn't make it more credible. It'd look like a politician's website providing you links to their supporters' websites.

Providing a site to tell people to go to for further investigation into something they don't understand doesn't sound like a way to appease their concerns if they have them. To a concerned mind, that's going to sound like guiding them in a biased direction.

I'm getting a little frustrated at having to defend myself on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom