Maiden of the Planet

What did you think of Maiden of the Planet?

• It's awesome

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • So so

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • It sucks

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Maiden of the who?

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
I'm confused as to how Zack is the "love of her life". She was sixteen.

She wasn't "not over the guy", she was just still mildly hurt and curious about the matter. At 16 I was so in love I couldn't see straight.

I'm only 18 now and I've long since moved on, even if the person in question has completely fallen out of my life. At twenty fucking two years old Aerith was not pining over her ex-boyfriend. You've misread her actions as a character, because none of this lines up AT ALL with the self sufficient and somewhat lonely life she's had.

Nobody here is arguing that Cloud was her "soul mate" (unless you're somehow reading that from Quex's posts?), idg where that is coming from.

What makes CC so heinously out of character and retcontastic isn't so much specific quotes or actions (which there are within it, I could supply examples if I weren't so fucklazy), it's how stupidly it altered the original story. That twisting of the story had a hand in the kind of character Aerith became and I think CC fucked it all up. Doesn't line up with other representations of her.

I mean no, it's not completely inaccurate, and neither Maiden. But it's really far from being SPOT ON. Given that it's probably the best (and hell, probably the only GOOD) game in the compilation it gets a lot of attention and people tend to just overlook the glaring, retarded plotholes in it.

edit:
to be fair, being head over heels crazy in love is kinda brainless. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I love how once again I'm being accused of saying something I never said. Granted I should have just let Winter and Zee stand up for themselves there.

Also gotta love this

Most Cleriths (and me basically)
CC - Aerith = Obsessive and OOC
FFVII - Aerith = in character and in love

Everyone else says:
CC - Aerith = in character and in love
FFVII - Aerith = Obsessive and OOC

am I the only one noticing double standards?

Winter, stop trolling already, geeze

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I don't actually think Aerith is EVER obsessive, lol. Nor is she brainless. =/

Simple - Zack and Aerith fell sincerely in love. They were described as destiny, and also, inseparable. After four years, Aerith is wearing the ribbon he gave her, wearing pink because she promised to wear it the next time they met, and finally, selling flowers in a basket because Zack never came back to fix her wagon. All of Aerith's actions, are tied to Zack. Crisis Core MADE this clear to us. Zack died because he went back for Aerith, and Aerith saw Zack in Cloud. If you haven't read the CC Ultimania quotes, I'd suggest that you do so. Many of them describe their relationship as everlasting.

CC did fuck some things up - lolgenesis - but I don't think Aerith was stupid, or a giggling school girl. =/ I love Aerith's character, all forms of her. I don't see how she's in any way a moron in ANY of her appearances, AU or otherwise.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
Aerith can make wagons.

She also likes pink and ribbons, especially considering she was fond of both before she met Zack.

I also recall an Ultimania quote regarding them being in something along the lines of "stupid teenage love" BUT I CAN'T BE ASSED TO FIND THE QUOTE.

but aerith was a big girl in a big dirty city with a hard life. she did not fall in inseparable, stupid love at 16. I will never buy this no matter how hard CC tried to force feed me it.

my favorite version of aeris is OGC and kingdom hearts

that bitch translated ansem's reports GOD I LOVE HER SO MUCH SHE'S BRILLIANT also she didn't fall apart like an idiot when Cloud left

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Nojima: The setting that “falling from the roof of the Church” repeats Aerith’s encounter with Cloud was decided in the beginning. Though we’re talking about love, they are still young back then and there’s no time to describe “how they become fond of each other” in the game. So I made it like “falling into a sudden crush".
~Crisis Core Ultimania, the interview, Page 579

-They attract to each other by mutual feelings similar to friendship, because they're both juvenile, if you call it love..."
~Crisis Core Ultimania

-Zack falls to the Church of the Slum during his mission and ends up meeting the girl Aerith, who's trimming flowers. They both feel contented simply with each other's company; it's a platonic love. They think these kinds of happy days will last forever, but....
~Crisis Core Ultimania (Zack's profile)

these?

And Celes, really I don't disagree with any of that. And the only reason I cling to this Aerith loves Cloud more than Zack thing is CoLW. If not for that I'd have given up ages ago.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I know Aerith can make wagons - that's not the point. The point is that she said she refused to sell her flowers in one until Zack came back so that they could make it together. So she started to sell her flowers in a basket until he came back.

She's not wearing a ribbon in CC... Owo Of course, she showed interest in these things- the point is that she wears the one ZACK bought for her. Then wears a pink dress - completely pink in contrast to her blue/white outfit - AFTER she promises Zack that she will.

Okay, so you admit to being in denial? XD I might be in denial of some things too, though. I'm such a Zerith fangirl. I know I could be being biased about a lot of things too. :P But I don't see how Aerith being shown in love makes her stupid, or makes her character any less of the great character she's always been.

I think Aerith had a lot of faith in Cloud. Now that I think about it, KH Aerith is really wise, lol.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
I recall her wearing a ribbon in her CC concept.

Honestly I understand that she really liked him and made a lot of promises to him but... those things really are null and void after a while. It's entirely possible that Aerith just outgrew this and outgrew her love for him. It happens. It's just not within logic to decide she was that stuck on him for that long, especially since men seemed to be so drawn to her.

I can think of a million promises I made to exes that don't mean anything to me now. Just because Aerith didn't explicitly say I LIKE PINK AND RIBBONS I AM NOT WAITING FOR ZACK doesn't mean it isn't true.

jesus it's been YEARRSSS.

Also I know, I love KH Aerith with every fiber of my being, she's so cute in the manga too. She really was exactly as I imagined her to be in OGC. IT'S GOOD STUFF.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I love how whenever I say something the majority disagrees with it's trolling.

YOU HAVE AN ADMITTED HISTORY OF TROLLING.
YOU DO NOT GET TO PLAY THE 'CALL IT TROLLING, LOL' DEFENSE.

Honestly you'd have to ask Zee and Winter I was just going off on what they said :monster:

Good.

If you honestly think 89 letters isn't an obsession, then good I'm glad. I've heard people say she was obsessed and I figured that was one of the reasons. To me it seems like a bit much... I mean she can be devastated and what not, that's fine, I just think that after the umteenth time he didn't write her back, she'd have stopped.

The only people I've heard call it obsessed have generally been C/A inclined.

No loving someone doesn't make you obsessed, but certain actions you take when you DO love someone can come off that way.

Also can we please stop accusing me of saying things I never said. I never said she didn't have a right to miss Zack or that loving Zack was what made her obsessive.

Quex, you're barely saying anything. It's no wonder your point is being absolutely misunderstood.

Hey Ryu said these kind of comments have long since worn out their welcome. Cease them or face his wrath. :awesome:

Quex, SHE hasn't fucking been trolling the fuckdamn board. YOU are being watched. She isn't.

She wasn't "not over the guy", she was just still mildly hurt and curious about the matter. At 16 I was so in love I couldn't see straight.

I'm only 18 now and I've long since moved on, even if the person in question has completely fallen out of my life. At twenty fucking two years old Aerith was not pining over her ex-boyfriend. You've misread her actions as a character, because none of this lines up AT ALL with the self sufficient and somewhat lonely life she's had.

She was 18 when he vanished. They'd been dating two years, and things were apparently going very seriously. This wasn't just a fling, from what we know, it was very serious. Even FF7 gives us that impression. Even when Aerith downplays him, she brings him up, unbidden, after five years of nothing. That's not 'he's nothing'
And we're not saying she was 'pining' for him. But she did love the boy, and his leaving hurt her. Her mother tells us as much.

Nobody here is arguing that Cloud was her "soul mate" (unless you're somehow reading that from Quex's posts?), idg where that is coming from.

What makes CC so heinously out of character and retcontastic isn't so much specific quotes or actions (which there are within it, I could supply examples if I weren't so fucklazy), it's how stupidly it altered the original story. That twisting of the story had a hand in the kind of character Aerith became and I think CC fucked it all up. Doesn't line up with other representations of her.

... HOW?
Just saying it did oesn't explain anything.

I mean no, it's not completely inaccurate, and neither Maiden. But it's really far from being SPOT ON. Given that it's probably the best (and hell, probably the only GOOD) game in the compilation it gets a lot of attention and people tend to just overlook the glaring, retarded plotholes in it.

... Again. Examples.

edit:
to be fair, being head over heels crazy in love is kinda brainless. :monster:

Then the majority of the population is brainless and it saves our species.

I love how once again I'm being accused of saying something I never said. Granted I should have just let Winter and Zee stand up for themselves there.

Also gotta love this

Most Cleriths (and me basically)
CC - Aerith = Obsessive and OOC
FFVII - Aerith = in character and in love

Everyone else says:
CC - Aerith = in character and in love
FFVII - Aerith = Obsessive and OOC

WHOA HOLY FUCK! Stop RIGHT there. WHO THE FUCK is saying FF7 Aerith is OOC and OBSESSIVE?

am I the only one noticing double standards?

...She said, while perpetuating some.

Winter, stop trolling already, geeze

You are not helping. I hope you know that.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I recall her wearing a ribbon in her CC concept.

Which doesn't change the fact that in the final story, a major thematic link was introduced between her ribbon and her pink attire, and her relationship with Zack.

Honestly I understand that she really liked him and made a lot of promises to him but... those things really are null and void after a while.

Only if SHE wants them to be.
Also, narratively, they really aren't.

It's entirely possible that Aerith just outgrew this and outgrew her love for him. It happens. It's just not within logic to decide she was that stuck on him for that long, especially since men seemed to be so drawn to her.

This rings entirely hollow for multiple reasons.
Not the least of which is Tifa, who kept her feelings for Cloud over longer a gap than Aerith was separated from Zack.
But also because we are told, flat out, that her feelings for Zack influence her actions towards Cloud.

I can think of a million promises I made to exes that don't mean anything to me now. Just because Aerith didn't explicitly say I LIKE PINK AND RIBBONS I AM NOT WAITING FOR ZACK doesn't mean it isn't true.

You are trying, Winter, to argue against narrative causality with personal experiences and 'well, she could have', both of which can be argued against simply with further personal experience and 'what-if' arguments.
Also, Zack really isn't an Ex. Well, he is, but the circumstances put him into an emotionally distinct situation.

jesus it's been YEARRSSS.

Also I know, I love KH Aerith with every fiber of my being, she's so cute in the manga too. She really was exactly as I imagined her to be in OGC. IT'S GOOD STUFF.

?
Now you've GOT to be fucking with me.
KH Manga Aerith was not firing on all cylinders. And she was absolutely unlike her portrayal in FF7. KH game Aerith was a bit better, but still 'off' in the same milquetoast way she felt in Maiden.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

Real life =/= fiction. So no u :monster:

I don't feel like retyping a reply as I'm just gonna repeat myself so...

Me said:
The problem is that you can't justify these character's motivations based on reality. Yeah, if Aeris were real I'd probably think it's natural for her to go for similar types of guys. But it doesn't work like that in the context of the story, where there are unexplained mysteries, unresolved tensions and hanging plot threads. THE WRITERS INCLUDED THE ZACK/AERIS RELATIONSHIP FOR A REASON. If they truly wanted to portray Aeris being fully in love with Cloud, they would not have even bothered to include her connection with Zack in the first place. It would literally be a pointless addition. I'm sure all of you know that when analyzing a story we must assume everything has a reason to it. Honestly, I would REALLY like to what that reason is from the opposing stance. Seriously. Because Zack/Aeris was definitlely not vital to any aspect of the story in that sense. If they truly wanted to show Aeris clearly loving Cloud for who he was, they would not ave included Zack as a mitigating factor. If Aeris was truly "over" him/never really took the relationship seriously, then there is NO justification for including it in the story in the first place!

The fact of the matter is, Zack was a ggiantic catalyst to Aeris' character. Maiden sort of shat over this fact with Aeris' callous attitude towards him. Not to say that this was really a huge deal breaker for the story, but it IS contradictory to OG Aeris. I would agree that CC did not really keep in line with OG Aeris, but I will say that her relationship with Zack is consistent with the writing of the OG.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Someone needs to put Quexinos back on her fucking meds. This shit's getting old and ridiculous.

When the fuck did this become the FFVII LTD Debate on youtube?

Either debate for realz, quit the trolling or...something. Please.

Ryu is about to kill someone and so am I.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
WHOA HOLY FUCK! Stop RIGHT there. WHO THE FUCK is saying FF7 Aerith is OOC and OBSESSIVE?
Well maybe not OOC, but FHS has said that she's obsessed, we were discussing that in... actually I think it was this thread.

...She said, while perpetuating some.
yes that's why I posted the "Most Cleriths (and me basically)"
Although I guess it wasn't fair to say "everyone else" but I've heard it before from some people so, but okay not "everyone else" but "others say"

Quex, you're barely saying anything. It's no wonder your point is being absolutely misunderstood.
Then let me try to clarify. I'm saying that I understand that Aerith and Zack were in love. I don't think their relationship was bad for them, or OOC, or stupid or anything. Zack truly Loved Aerith and Aerith truly loved Zack. I will never argue with this.

But I think she loves Cloud too. I mean CoLW is what really seals this for me. It was all about Cloud, not a mention of Zack.

The part we disagree on is which one she loves more... and honestly I think CC did go overboard with the letters. Yeah it's only one every two weeks or so but... it just seems like a lot for over 4 years.

YOU HAVE AN ADMITTED HISTORY OF TROLLING.
YOU DO NOT GET TO PLAY THE 'CALL IT TROLLING, LOL' DEFENSE.
Believe me, I understand this completely. I brought it on myself, I get that, but I did feel the need to at least say that I wasn't trolling in this case. And Duley-noted (is that how you spell that) on the being watched.

HOWEVER, as amusing as a simple troll can be from time to time, I didn't realize I was causing so much trouble. I apologize. I swear I was only trolling in the Geostigma topic and I only did it for a few posts. All this stuff about Aerith loving Cloud more I've said before. But, I can see that I've caused a stir so from one admin to another, I will be on my best behavior :salute: You have my word on that.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So you were trolling in this thread? Is that what you're saying?

I want to give you such a fucking spanking right now. With a belt. You're like the kid that draws on the walls with crayons just for attention, and the satisfaction of being yelled at angrily by everyone in the house.

Jesus, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you need a time out? A nap? Your favorite toy?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I want to give you such a fucking spanking right now. With a belt.

nosebleeder-1.jpg

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
no really I'm sorry, it's kinda my fault Zeris got brought into this and now it's like LTD 2 :sadpanda:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
So you were trolling in this thread? Is that what you're saying?

I want to give you such a fucking spanking right now. With a belt. You're like the kid that draws on the walls with crayons just for attention, and the satisfaction of being yelled at angrily by everyone in the house.

Jesus, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you need a time out? A nap? Your favorite toy?

No I said I was NOT trolling in here, I was debating with FHS and then Winter and Zee came in.
I swear I was only trolling in the Geostigma topic and I only did it for a few posts.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well maybe not OOC, but FHS has said that she's obsessed, we were discussing that in... actually I think it was this thread.

FHS has constantly expressed derision at Aerith being 'Obsessed,' Quex.

yes that's why I posted the "Most Cleriths (and me basically)"
Although I guess it wasn't fair to say "everyone else" but I've heard it before from some people so, but okay not "everyone else" but "others say"

WAS IT ANYONE IN THIS THREAD?
If no, it is then irrelevant.

Then let me try to clarify. I'm saying that I understand that Aerith and Zack were in love. I don't think their relationship was bad for them, or OOC, or stupid or anything. Zack truly Loved Aerith and Aerith truly loved Zack. I will never argue with this.

But I think she loves Cloud too. I mean CoLW is what really seals this for me. It was all about Cloud, not a mention of Zack.

Aerith was all about Cloud because Sephiroth was all about Cloud. Literally. She fixates on Cloud again because Sephytacular was doing it too.
I bet she wanted to tap Zack's ass because Sephy was aiming for it too.

The part we disagree on is which one she loves more... and honestly I think CC did go overboard with the letters. Yeah it's only one every two weeks or so but... it just seems like a lot for over 4 years.

Really? You just don't like the number of letters she sent?

Believe me, I understand this completely. I brought it on myself, I get that, but I did feel the need to at least say that I wasn't trolling in this case. And Duley-noted (is that how you spell that) on the being watched.

HOWEVER, as amusing as a simple troll can be from time to time, I didn't realize I was causing so much trouble. I apologize. I swear I was only trolling in the Geostigma topic and I only did it for a few posts. I can see that I've caused a stir so from one admin to another, I will be on my best behavior :salute: You have my word on that.

You will be held to it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
FHS has constantly expressed derision at Aerith being 'Obsessed,' Quex.
Really? I guess I didn't notice it was just her. Hasn't Vendel said this as well?

WAS IT ANYONE IN THIS THREAD?
If no, it is then irrelevant.
Well.. FHS XD

Aerith was all about Cloud because Sephiroth was all about Cloud. Literally. She fixates on Cloud again because Sephytacular was doing it too.
I bet she wanted to tap Zack's ass because Sephy was aiming for it too.
I understand the point here, but calling him her beloved should at LEAST prove she does love him and loves both him and Zack.

Really? You just don't like the number of letters she sent?
That's the one thing that always sticks out in my mind, yes.

Well, then I still want to spank you. Except with just a wooden paddle now.
Well then I WAS trolling in this topic :awesome:

No but really I've said all this stuff before, so sorry if I wasn't clear but I figured you all knew where I stood on the issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom